Jump to content
TheGoalNet

Vaughn SLR 2

Recommended Posts

Here’s the graphic... Strapping will be very similar to Matt Murray’s 

gear pictured below is the Sr line and not pro 

D7C6BBCE-E373-4678-9E79-74DC4087D37B.thumb.jpeg.a9708b631c6300678b873bf0c7ae5fbf.jpeg

@goaliecreasenet showed the SLR2 graphic off yesterday in the SR ( not pro ) version. Seems like Vaughn is definitely going with a “design theme” as the graphic share a lot of similarities with the VE8 9171F99F-75F9-4D27-86E9-EAA11BF57442.thumb.jpeg.dc82387e21094190a4e6be5a5c7f2801.jpegDAC6CE00-572F-4E10-9371-2D2624E97A09.thumb.jpeg.d3ab922bfd0a8edfe437e496a1519c38.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm usualy not the biggest fan of Vaughn's approach to gear graphic but I could get on board with those one.  The possibility for simple, yet effective color pop combination is there.

Edited by Math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

why a 2piece glove ?! WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYY

Because Carey Price played better with one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

why a 2piece glove ?! WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYY

The gear pictured is SR and not Pro. Unsure if Vaughn will keep with a 2 piece like SLR or do a 1 piece and 2 piece like with VE8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

why a 2piece glove ?! WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYY

They sell.  It's simple.

I like the word VAUGHN higher up on the face.

My only gripe is the increasing distance between the blue parts towards the bottom of the pads and blocker.  It looks a little weird and would look better if like on the VE8 graphic that distance between stayed the same.   

It might be exacerbated by the angle of the photo, though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updates: 

- The sliding surface on these pads is the same material that Brian's calls Primo

- additional strap at bottom 

- thinned out outer roll 

- 1 piece glove 

- shock shield foam on glove 

- stick that weighs the same as 1S 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Updates: 

- The sliding surface on these pads is the same material that’s brians calls Optik

- additional strap at bottom 

- thinned out outer roll 

- 1 piece glove 

- shock shield foam on glove 

- stick that weighs the same as 1S 

Isn't the material called 'Primo' and the pad is called Optik? Everyone keeps says Vaughn owns Brians, which they don't, but Vaughn has power in the materials market so they may own the supplier that Brian's gets the Primo from.

The usual Vaughn release is around the new year right, VE8s came out around January?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AG37 said:

Isn't the material called 'Primo' and the pad is called Optik? Everyone keeps says Vaughn owns Brians, which they don't, but Vaughn has power in the materials market so they may own the supplier that Brian's gets the Primo from.

The usual Vaughn release is around the new year right, VE8s came out around January?

Brian’s is not a subsidiary of Vaughn. They share the same group of owners. Brian’s and Vaughn are not sister brands with shared technology like Lexus and Toyota or CCM and Reebok. 

Its more like a conglomerate owning lots of different independent companies. They don’t share product designs, technology, or R&D. 

Brians found an independent company selling a material called primo and started to use it. Vaughn has decided to buy this material too and add it to their pads. This is NOT Brian’s and Vaughn sharing technology 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 9:39 AM, Math. said:

I'm usualy not the biggest fan of Vaughn's approach to gear graphic but I could get on board with those one.  The possibility for simple, yet effective color pop combination is there.

In addition to the possible color combos, I like that the graphic is a clear evolution of the original SLR graphic.  It makes it easier for people who aren't gear nerds to know what they're looking at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AG37 said:

Isn't the material called 'Primo' and the pad is called Optik? Everyone keeps says Vaughn owns Brians, which they don't, but Vaughn has power in the materials market so they may own the supplier that Brian's gets the Primo from.

The usual Vaughn release is around the new year right, VE8s came out around January?

7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Brian’s is not a subsidiary of Vaughn. They share the same group of owners. Brian’s and Vaughn are not sister brands with shared technology like Lexus and Toyota or CCM and Reebok. 

Its more like a conglomerate owning lots of different independent companies. They don’t share product designs, technology, or R&D. 

Brians found an independent company selling a material called primo and started to use it. Vaughn has decided to buy this material too and add it to their pads. This is NOT Brian’s and Vaughn sharing technology 

I did not say any of that. I've seen others of different sites say Vaughn owns Brian's, but I said they did not. My understanding is that Vaughn is a monopoly of sorts in the MATERIALS MARKET and may likely own the supplier that Brian's gets the 'Primo' material from. I did not say anything about subsidiaries, design, or shared technology. Vaughn having power in the materials market mean they probably have access to the same material Brian's uses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Not a huge fan of the graphic, seems almost like a mock-up version of the SLR1.

I'm liking the pads though and the C/A looks good too.

Agreed on the C&A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AG37 said:

I did not say any of that. I've seen others of different sites say Vaughn owns Brian's, but I said they did not. My understanding is that Vaughn is a monopoly of sorts in the MATERIALS MARKET and may likely own the supplier that Brian's gets the 'Primo' material from. I did not say anything about subsidiaries, design, or shared technology. Vaughn having power in the materials market mean they probably have access to the same material Brian's uses.

That’s fine. Just like to be clear when this comment comes up. Some people think this is a Reebok / CCM situation and it’s not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 4:57 PM, TheGoalNet said:

That’s fine. Just like to be clear when this comment comes up. Some people think this is a Reebok / CCM situation and it’s not. 

Yes, there’s a distinction between Mike Vaughn being an investor/part of the ownership of Brian’s (which, to my understanding, is the case) versus Vaughn Hockey owning the Brian’s name. A lot of people get that mixed up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

That’s fine. Just like to be clear when this comment comes up. Some people think this is a Reebok / CCM situation and it’s not. 

It seems to me like most people could look/feel the equipment and know that there's not a bit of shared DNA.  I can't think of two more different feeling lines of gear than Vaughn and Brian's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

It seems to me like most people could look/feel the equipment and know that there's not a bit of shared DNA.  I can't think of two more different feeling lines of gear than Vaughn and Brian's.

So Bauer doesn't exist? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So Bauer doesn't exist? lol

Ha.

I think Bauer and Warrior are the most unique, as in "some of these things are not like the others."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So Bauer doesn't exist? lol

Not in my world! 😁  I love Bauer skates and sticks, but they've literally never had a line of pads or gloves that I've seriously considered. 

I guess what I was trying to say is that Vaughn is more traditional, whereas Brian's is quicker to innovate and take risks and it's resulted in products that feel distinctly different.   If you stripped the logos off recent lines from both companies (say Optik and VE8 Pro Carbon) you'd look at things like Smart Straps, HexAir,  Boa closure on the gloves, the drastically different feel of the catch glove on the hand (Brian's stock retail models have been way beefier than Vaughn's until the Gnetik4) and know you were looking at products from companies that view R&D and equipment design in radically different ways. 

Personally I feel like Vaughn's evolutionary approach is a good thing.  In fact I'm convinced it's why they have such a strong presence in the NHL.  Kind of like CCM, they take what's best about each line and improve it year over year.  By moving incrementally they ensure that their user's favorite parts of each line don't get lost, while the line as a whole gets better over time.  Brian's, Bauer and Warrior seem willing to innovate and take risks, which drives the entire industry forward.   Personally I'm glad to have both approaches out there.  I don't know that there's ever been a time in the nearly 30 years I've been a goalie where I've felt like I have as many great choices for gear right off the rack as I have in the last 3-4 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Member Statistics

    987
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    Jbarrow31
    Newest Member
    Jbarrow31
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...