Vaughn SLR 2

TheGoalNet

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured I might as well put the GoalieMonkey pricing here. 

Pads (pro carbon): $1699.99 USD

Pads (pro): N/A

Glove (pro carbon ST): $529.99

Glove (pro carbon): $529.99

Glove (pro ST): N/A

Glove (pro): N/A

Blocker (pro carbon): $369.99

Blocker (pro): N/A

All the "N/A"s will be filled eventually.

25 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Would we be able to order these without the SLR2 logo on the boot, like you can request not to have the V8 logo on the thigh of their other model?

That's a good question.

Vaughn has a mod called Pro Logos which will reduce the number of branding logos and symbols on the retail pads and only give you the NHL maximum number, which is roughly half the number of logos on the retail version.

If you order Pro Logos on VE8 pads, you won't get the thigh rise VE8 logo.  Looks like the SLR2 logo is the equivalent logo that would be scrapped, but you'll still get Ventus on the boot. 

image.png.d24d0c03e2e44119fbba8968e7595d88.png

16 hours ago, seagoal said:

That's a good question.

Vaughn has a mod called Pro Logos which will reduce the number of branding logos and symbols on the retail pads and only give you the NHL maximum number, which is roughly half the number of logos on the retail version.

If you order Pro Logos on VE8 pads, you won't get the thigh rise VE8 logo.  Looks like the SLR2 logo is the equivalent logo that would be scrapped, but you'll still get Ventus on the boot. 

Ah, so that's what Pro Logos means - good to know! Thanks.

The Ventus on the boot seems okay to me because it's a neutral color, but the neon green in the SLR2 logo would clash with the color scheme I'd want to order.

• 2 weeks later...

This whole line is shaping up beautifully. I'd love to able to demo any of these pieces, the only stiff butterfly pad I've ever gotten to try were the 2S, and I was pretty disappointed (because of the strapping mostly).

I know it's a general non-opinion, but Vaughn blockers have always felt so great to use since even the Legacy line.

2 minutes ago, keeperton said:

This whole line is shaping up beautifully. I'd love to able to demo any of these pieces, the only stiff butterfly pad I've ever gotten to try were the 2S, and I was pretty disappointed.

I know it's a general non-opinion, but Vaughn blockers have always felt so great to use since even the Legacy line.

agreed. even their jr and yth lines have a full primo sliding edge

I wasn't sure if the glove and pad videos were posted in this thread, but they've been released too.

I like how transparent they're being with the internals and showing off the carbon pieces they use in each section of the gear.

I don't know who this guy is in these videos, but he's a massive improvement over any promo videos they've done in the past,  especially ones with Mike Vaughn who is just awful to listen to.

Edit: I saw the pads video a couple pages back. Here's the mitt

27 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I wasn't sure if the glove and pad videos were posted in this thread, but they've been released too.

I like how transparent they're being with the internals and showing off the carbon pieces they use in each section of the gear.

I don't know who this guy is in these videos, but he's a massive improvement over any promo videos they've done in the past,  especially ones with Mike Vaughn who is just awful to listen to.

Edit: I saw the pads video a couple pages back. Here's the mitt

That's Ev Bommarito... He's the US pro rep.  He left Vaughn last year but came back.  He's very customer friendly and answers a lot of questions in various FB groups.  It would be awesome if he would join here 

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Theres a video of Mike talking abt the 7990 and its unbearable

14 hours ago, cwarnar said:

That's Ev Bommarito... He's the US pro rep.  He left Vaughn last year but came back.  He's very customer friendly and answers a lot of questions in various FB groups.  It would be awesome if he would join here 

He is one of the company reps that feels ".com is dead". I have heard other people internal to Vaughn reference Vaughn marketing having a "dad feel to them". With those 2 factors combined, I don't see that happening.

@seagoal It's fantastic Vaughn is sharing the info. As @cwarnar referenced Everet is a super nice guy and reads all the comments or posts in GGSU. As a result, he probably knows some people questioned the reality of the carbon and I think is a subtle rebuttal to the haters. That's my guess at least.

The carbon thing also sorta makes me chuckle. Vaughn had this first and I think people felt it was a gimmick. Vaughn also didn't talk about the rebound functionality with it. Bauer launched a composite and talked rebounds and now it's a technology everyone is rushing to have. I think many of Vaughn's current woes come to stubbornness, not understanding consumer demand, and not understanding how to promote what they have. 

If they had only pitching the composite benefits properly on day 1... People might perceive Vaughn as the technology leader

• 2 months later...

Couple of really nice looking SLR 2 pads with VE8 gloves.

I tried on the SLR 2 gloves last week and they were pretty awkward for me.  No way I could wear them but the pads were quite intriguing and really nice. 

20190515_101413.jpg

20190515_101445.jpg

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Couple of really nice looking SLR 2 pads with VE8 gloves.

I tried on the SLR 2 gloves last week and they were pretty awkward for me.  No way I could wear them but the pads were quite intriguing and really nice. 

20190515_101413.jpg

20190515_101445.jpg

Agreed. Something ain't right with that Ventus family of catchers, couldn't give them away. Good thing Vaughn offers older models. Epic, Vision, older Velocity are good. But that SLR is lousy. God the pads and blocker and took the Epic 8880 catcher.

4 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

Agreed. Something ain't right with that Ventus family of catchers, couldn't give them away. Good thing Vaughn offers older models. Epic, Vision, older Velocity are good. But that SLR is lousy. God the pads and blocker and took the Epic 8880 catcher.

The SLR catcher was so weird.  It was like having my hand in a weirdly shaped puppet.  It was way more right angle in break than I prefer. 

Archived