Vaughn SLR 2

TheGoalNet

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/15/2019 at 4:17 PM, seagoal said:

The SLR catcher was so weird.  It was like having my hand in a weirdly shaped puppet.  It was way more right angle in break than I prefer. 

It was bad and the SLR2 is somehow worse!  Hopefully the V9 series stays pretty close to the VE8 formula, because those are Vaughn's best gloves in years IMHO.

6 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

it’s an acquired taste. i wear the lt98 which i assume is gonna be almost the same as the slr2.

Not even close.  The LT98 was billed as being similar to the T5500 so I tried it on a few times.  I didn't love the glove, but it wasn't as funky as the SLR2.  The SLR2 feels like I can only use the end of my fingers to close it (just the last 2 knuckles, not all 3 if that makes sense).  If it works for people, great!  I just can't imagine breaking it in or trying to close it quickly.

5 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Not even close.  The LT98 was billed as being similar to the T5500 so I tried it on a few times.  I didn't love the glove, but it wasn't as funky as the SLR2.  The SLR2 feels like I can only use the end of my fingers to close it (just the last 2 knuckles, not all 3 if that makes sense).  If it works for people, great!  I just can't imagine breaking it in or trying to close it quickly.

wow interesting. I saw in a video of someone reviewing matt murray’s team canada slr2 setup and apparently he uses an lt98 internal on his glove, so no wonder. thought with the higher thumb angle that it’d be essentially the same thing, I didn’t know they changed it that much. 

Archived