Is Large too large for me?

HP29

Hi folks, I was trying on some C/As and had the wife snap pics just to see how they compare in terms of volume. They are all senior large, and for reference, I am 5'10 and 205lbs.

I had tried both M and L and the large FELT comfier on my body, had two store employees say either "I'd go with the large" or that it looks like the right size.

No big deal, except these photos make me question if these are too long in both the body and arms. I just threw them on to compare how much space they take up, and hadn't adjusted arms or chest height, nada to my own preferences. 

I figured I'd let the goalie crowd take a look, and although so much of this is entirely subjective, maybe these are fundamentally ill-fitted and maybe not!

Thanks.

eflex.jpg

premier.jpg

warrior.jpg

I'm about the same size as you and have been using large chests for a while now but I'm thinking of switching to a medium now that I decided to tuck my chest into my pants and there seems to be too much going on when I go into a deep crouch. Large has always been fine when untucked other than I always felt the arms were maybe an inch too long. I unfortunately don't have anywhere local to try any on so I'm worried about blindly ordering a medium only to have it end up being way too small.

15 minutes ago, wox33 said:

I'm about the same size as you and have been using large chests for a while now but I'm thinking of switching to a medium now that I decided to tuck my chest into my pants and there seems to be too much going on when I go into a deep crouch. Large has always been fine when untucked other than I always felt the arms were maybe an inch too long. I unfortunately don't have anywhere local to try any on so I'm worried about blindly ordering a medium only to have it end up being way too small.

Oh, right, should have mentioned that too - I tuck.

I've always used Bauer in large, but never had any issue. Their arms are perfect, but every other brand (CCM, Warrior, Vaughn) all seem to have longer arms for me.

Yeah, I'm in a Vaughn V7 large right now and the arms are just a bit longer than I would like. I am tucking into a pair of pro stock CCM pants and currently the belly loop is almost too low for me to run the belt through so that mixed with it feeling like there is just too much padding getting in the way of my cup is why I'd like to give a medium a go.

Also of note is I use the Warrior Ritual X cup which I find to be a great cup it is also a bit bulkier than others due to the way the outer shell is designed. So that could also be a factor as to why a longer chest protector could be causing me some issues.

Of those, the Warrior arms are the only ones that look a bit long, but you can move them up about an inch (they're laced in).

The Eflex looks like it fits perfectly in the torso. Is that one a "new spec" C/A? The arms (elbow blocks specifically) on it look significantly smaller in width than on the Premier.

Warrior looks too big. It looks considerably longer or saggy. It covers more of your crotch and has the most exposure on your clavicle/sternum area.  

Not sure how much more you could adjust it but as is looks too big.

CCMs look fine to me.

6 minutes ago, goalie said:

From the neck lines to me it looks like you are wearing it too low. shorten the back straps to pull it up a couple inches.

Exactly.  They look too slouchy in the front. 

I hope you wear a dangler and a collar if you wear them like that normally.

56 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Of those, the Warrior arms are the only ones that look a bit long, but you can move them up about an inch (they're laced in).

The Eflex looks like it fits perfectly in the torso. Is that one a "new spec" C/A? The arms (elbow blocks specifically) on it look significantly smaller in width than on the Premier.

The Warrior was the most mobile, but is too big all around. Wasn’t a fan. The Eflex is the standard retail model from the last CCM release, so still technically “old spec.” I would imagine they either implemented elements of the new spec ahead of the changes, or took some elements from this when building the new ones. It’s supposed the be their mobile unit vs blocking, hence the smaller build. 

45 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Warrior looks too big. It looks considerably longer or saggy. It covers more of your crotch and has the most exposure on your clavicle/sternum area.  

Not sure how much more you could adjust it but as is looks too big.

CCMs look fine to me.

Warrior is definitely too big, CCMs just look to be within that fine line to my eye. 

36 minutes ago, goalie said:

From the neck lines to me it looks like you are wearing it too low. shorten the back straps to pull it up a couple inches.

Yeah, I didn’t adjust any of these at all, except maybe the EFLEX without thinking about it. I simply slipped them on so I could compare their overall mass. 

29 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Exactly.  They look too slouchy in the front. 

I hope you wear a dangler and a collar if you wear them like that normally.

I do wear a dangler, but these were just slipped on and not adjusted to my personal fit. And I don’t typically leave my neck sagging this low.  I wasn’t even considering that for these photos, but only noticed after the fact. 

Thanks for everything so far guys. 

Archived