Composite Stick Flaking

aircanuck

I've got two CCM Premier II Pro Authentic sticks (Corey Crawford) and the flaking is pretty bad. Being relatively new to modern equipment, is this pretty consistent with composite sticks or are there some better than others in this department? Being black sticks and having the flakes all over the crease seems to be driving people crazy, they think there is tape on the ice. The more I try your new fangled equipment the more I think I may be a vintage goalie for life.?

Cheers,

Neil

hsg-ccm-premier-2-pro-auth-sr-main-image.thumb.jpg.ea083824572e543f8d4ca687d7b728e7.jpg

Maybe it's just the CCMs that flake. Neither my True stick nor my Northstar stick have flaked up the crease. In all fairness the paint on the True stick never chipped or anything and it was white. My Northstar stick only has painted letters so there's not much to flake anyways.

8 hours ago, aircanuck said:

I've got two CCM Premier II Pro Authentic sticks (Corey Crawford) and the flaking is pretty bad. Being relatively new to modern equipment, is this pretty consistent with composite sticks or are there some better than others in this department? Being black sticks and having the flakes all over the crease seems to be driving people crazy, they think there is tape on the ice. The more I try your new fangled equipment the more I think I may be a vintage goalie for life.?

Cheers,

Neil

hsg-ccm-premier-2-pro-auth-sr-main-image.thumb.jpg.ea083824572e543f8d4ca687d7b728e7.jpg

Try wiping it down with an abrasive material to reduce the flaking on ice

Archived