Difference between SBP and HT?

devx

I am having trouble finding details that explain the difference between SBP and HT goalie sticks.  I am currently using a 6.0 SBP bought a year ago and love it.  I went to buy a few more as backup, and am only seeing the 6.0 HT sticks.   Is SBP discontinued, or is HT the new version?  I have seen a few 4.5 SBP on clearance - are those close enough to use as a replacement?

Thanks for any advice or info!

The SBP is the 2016 model whereas the HT is the 2018.  Having used both, I will say that the HT was a huge advancement in terms of weight, shock absorption, durability and overall shape.  It truly feels like a composite in your hand but a foam core when playing the puck (in terms of feel).  Even if I didn't work for TRUE I'd very highly recommend it.

6 hours ago, Tim_TRUEHockey said:

The SBP is the 2016 model whereas the HT is the 2018.  Having used both, I will say that the HT was a huge advancement in terms of weight, shock absorption, durability and overall shape.  It truly feels like a composite in your hand but a foam core when playing the puck (in terms of feel).  Even if I didn't work for TRUE I'd very highly recommend it.

Thanks. Appreciate you checking in from time to time

Archived