First W!!!!

Netnewbie

Well after my first dismal but exhilarating year last year first game this year was the magic one.  WE WON!!!!  with me in net...   it was actually a 2 for one because it was the 1st time i had less then 10 goals scored on me as well.  Like I said in previous posts I have only started my first year last year and both loved an hated it the whole year.  gotta learn how to move purposefully on the ground but other then that its coming slowly but surely.  mad a few good positional saves and was happy with that so all in all it was a good game!!!!

53 minutes ago, Netnewbie said:

Well after my first dismal but exhilarating year last year first game this year was the magic one.  WE WON!!!!  with me in net...   it was actually a 2 for one because it was the 1st time i had less then 10 goals scored on me as well.  Like I said in previous posts I have only started my first year last year and both loved an hated it the whole year.  gotta learn how to move purposefully on the ground but other then that its coming slowly but surely.  mad a few good positional saves and was happy with that so all in all it was a good game!!!!

Awesome, @Netnewbie! I'm kinda in the same boat as you, having just started playing goalie in March of this year - but I haven't made the plunge to playing in a league yet (just shinny games, no officials or stats or spectators - lol). So my hat is off to you for that, too!

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Awesome, @Netnewbie! I'm kinda in the same boat as you, having just started playing goalie in March of this year - but I haven't made the plunge to playing in a league yet (just shinny games, no officials or stats or spectators - lol). So my hat is off to you for that, too!

THANKS!!  its just a fun rec team but I face all skill levels which can be frustrating at times.  not usually spectators either unless its a spouse or buddy but that has never bothered me anyways.  

1 hour ago, Netnewbie said:

Congrats!! As much as we all want to fill up a box of 🍩 each season... beer league isn't about stats (or shouldn't be anyway.) So long as it's fun you're doing it right.

7 hours ago, Netnewbie said:

Congratulations on the win!

Archived