CCM Jet Speed FT2 Skates - No Cowling

TheGoalNet

On 2/15/2019 at 8:21 AM, TheGoalNet said:

So... I think you will have 2 options

Custom order AS1 with the new holder. Do a 3D scan  and 100% custom FT2 and it will be designed to fit your foot

Not good enough to justify a custom skate, especially when my non-custom skates fit pretty decently. Plus True Custom CCMs are a pretty penny!

3 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Can I ask why?  There was a very short transition period, and after that I've had no issues with 3mm.  Honestly I really don't even think about it anymore.  

I’m with you. I get everyone is different. What you and I notice is completely different from what 2 other guys might... but I’m shocked so many people have a hang up with this. 

I get you have to find a new hollow, but that’s about it 

23 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Can I ask why?  There was a very short transition period, and after that I've had no issues with 3mm.  Honestly I really don't even think about it anymore.  

I’ve never tried 3mm, but that said I’m not sure what the benefit is other than fractional weight savings. Just seems like the closer the edges the more resistance when you shuffle or slide. Maybe I’m missing something?

I can see the potential for that, but don't recall any issues with shuffling other than when I tried the deeper hollow that conventional wisdom says you should do when you go from 4mm to 3mm.  

The benefits of 3mm are almost entirely to the MFG, but because of that it's the way of the future.  They'll talk about a 25% reduction in blade weight, but the cynic in me hears "25% reduction in material costs".   Still, a modern skate is a better performer for the average goalie than a skate from 5 years ago, so all things considered I can live with the reduction in blade size.   

38 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

I’ve never tried 3mm, but that said I’m not sure what the benefit is other than fractional weight savings. Just seems like the closer the edges the more resistance when you shuffle or slide. Maybe I’m missing something?

Thinner blade should be able to dig into the ice easier and faster. It’s less of a blunt object when you’re doing a bfly slide 

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2019 at 10:21 AM, TheGoalNet said:

So... I think you will have 2 options

Custom order AS1 with the new holder. Do a 3D scan  and 100% custom FT2 and it will be designed to fit your foot

Have you heard any update on the availability of getting AS1s with the new holder? The couple of local places I talked to had no idea about it but neither of them really do much volume as far as goalie equipment. I need width and volume so I don't think Jetspeed is going to fit my foot very well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 1:35 PM, aircanuck said:

These will be what replace my Trues I think. 

I am a man of my word. I am very gun shy about skates now after going through Bauer S29, GRAF and True. Hats off to CCM for offering a 90 day fit guarantee. My S29 skates are liveable, but I would really like comfy skates. I can see 5-6 days of ice per week so there's no getting around that. 5 hours of ice coming up this weekend should allow for some insights come Monday. 

IMG_0919.jpg

1 hour ago, aircanuck said:

I am a man of my word. I a very gun shy about skates now after going through Bauer S29, GRAF and True. Hats off to CCM for offering a 90 day fit guarantee. My S29 skates are liveable, but I would really like comfy skates. I can see 5-6 days of ice per week so there's no getting around that. 5 hours of ice coming up this weekend should allow for some insights come Monday. 

IMG_0919.jpg

Anxious to hear your thoughts. I'm in a similar boat w/ my S190s. They're ok... perform well etc... but I wouldn't mind something more comfy. Going to be in the area of some decent shops next week and will definitely take advantage of the opportunity to try on both the FT2 and the AS1. While a cowlingless AS1 will cost me more than the FT2... could be worth it.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:27 AM, wox33 said:

Have you heard any update on the availability of getting AS1s with the new holder? The couple of local places I talked to had no idea about it but neither of them really do much volume as far as goalie equipment. I need width and volume so I don't think Jetspeed is going to fit my foot very well.

From my understanding it will only be available as a Total Custom option. So extra 💰💰💰 over the FT2.

2 hours ago, aircanuck said:

I am a man of my word. I am very gun shy about skates now after going through Bauer S29, GRAF and True. Hats off to CCM for offering a 90 day fit guarantee. My S29 skates are liveable, but I would really like comfy skates. I can see 5-6 days of ice per week so there's no getting around that. 5 hours of ice coming up this weekend should allow for some insights come Monday.  

IMG_0919.jpg

Those are beautiful!  I too am debating new wheels and while I love the new holder and the look of the FT2, I'm inclined to think that my wide foot will require me to go with the 2X unless I want to pop for custom baked FT2's.   Either way I'm holding off bringing that idea up until the wife is done reminding me about all the gear I bought this spring...

6 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Those are beautiful!  I too am debating new wheels and while I love the new holder and the look of the FT2, I'm inclined to think that my wide foot will require me to go with the 2X unless I want to pop for custom baked FT2's.   Either way I'm holding off bringing that idea up until the wife is done reminding me about all the gear I bought this spring...

Your foot isn't getting in lol neither is mine. So 2x EE it is!

• 4 months later...

Archived