Help me make a decision!! Custom Set or Senior?

motowngoalie

I always bought last seasons gear on sale because I was always broke. Then one year I had a few extra bucks and decided to get a custom set. Then a few years later another. Now I'm back to buying last years stuff on sale again. Honestly, there is a "thrill" of buying a custom set, made to your specs, etc...but on the other side of the coin, the stock stuff is not really much different and of course is just as fine.

If you got the $$ and are really wanting something custom, go for it. Otherwise, just go stock.

customs fine if you want crazy mods etc

i wont go custom ever again though, all my custom stuff has been brians and it was never done how i wanted it, some things were missed, and because of the broker i used i was kinda tied, 

imo unless its a size issue theres nothing a stock pad cant offer that a custom pad can, we just all like to mess

and your talking to one of the finiky goalies whi cuts everything apart, i even modded my brians so to say ive gone right into a full stock set of warrior is amazing - not modded a thing

I've been nothing but impressed with my G4 Senior set. The only thing I would change is getting a Pro glove if I had a do-over, however the glove is perfectly fine. Hell I can buy the practice insert Warrior sells and it might as well be a stock pro glove at that point.

The pace of change in equipment the last 5 or so years has been dramatic and if you ever want to try something that's new in the near future you may regret a custom set.

If you want custom colours or these are your forever pads then Customs are the way to go.

Durability on Warrior Sr gear is a non issue.

2 hours ago, Pauly35or00 said:

......The only thing I would change is getting a Pro glove if I had a do-over, however the glove is perfectly fine. Hell I can buy the practice insert Warrior sells and it might as well be a stock pro glove at that point.....

just buy some used snowboard pant or ebay "d3o" for hip protection and insert that in the glove. cost should be 25$ total.  that s what i did to my sr g2 and my pro g3.  

7 hours ago, Pauly35or00 said:

How did you insert it? Did you place it directly under the removable liner?

yes, its pretty easy to do, there is a pict online in ggsu search under d3o it should pop up with green skate lace

• 4 weeks later...

Archived