Mask Design thoughts

slade037

I purchased a new Coveted Ultimate Pro 905 (hope to get a review on this soon) about 4 months ago and seeing it plain white has painful.  So it's time to put some work into it.  My original Hackva was painted many years ago so I thought I would give wrapping a chance.  I am working with SkinFx to have the work done.  This is what I have come up with and I wanted to see what my fellow goalies thought.  I'm a huge fan of the Marvel movies and comics so that's what it's really based on.  Go easy on me.  First time designing a mask and using photoshop!

2Xmen.jpg

3Front.jpg

4Avengers.jpg

9 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

This mask design is awesome. I'm ashamed of mine now lol. I guess I need to invest more time in photo editing if I want a better looking mask. Question: Why did you pick that Iron Man armor? Any particular reason other than it looks good?

Personally, I am more of a fan of the red armor.  But that armor was part of a larger picture so it made it easier to get it all together.  I may still try to look for a red armor that is close to that drawing style and if my photoshopfu is good enough, swap the black with a red one.  Below is what I ultimately used for my mask design.

3870x2031-2821604-marvel-comics-x-men-uncanny-avengers-wolverine-thor-scarlet-witch-spider-man-iron-man-hawkeye-captain-america-cyclops-hulk-rogue-character___comics-wallpapers.jpg

23 minutes ago, slade037 said:

3870x2031-2821604-marvel-comics-x-men-uncanny-avengers-wolverine-thor-scarlet-witch-spider-man-iron-man-hawkeye-captain-america-cyclops-hulk-rogue-character___comics-wallpapers.jpg

There is a lot more work involved in doing it this way but, what if you just colored that armor red where it's black and change the core and flames to sky blue? This would allow you to keep the same iron man profile and positioning without the hassle of finding a similar picture.

10 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

There is a lot more work involved in doing it this way but, what if you just colored that armor red where it's black and change the core and flames to sky blue? This would allow you to keep the same iron man profile and positioning without the hassle of finding a similar picture.

I'm with ya.  I'm gonna give it a try and see what happens.  PS can be daunting but it is fun when you start learning how do some stuff.

5 minutes ago, slade037 said:

Alright @ThatCarGuy, your great idea is here!  I think the red armor looks much better!

01.AvengersRedIM.jpg

01AvengersSideRedIM.jpg

That looks incredible! Indeed it does look so much better. I'm glad you like the idea. Looks like you did a much better job editing that than my 30min edit lol. That red just suits the color scheme of the helmet so much better than the black.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of your feedback.  The lid came back in the mail today and it's done.  Now that I have everything back, and with the extra time I have with the government shutdown, I plan on writing up my review and experiences with Coveted and SkinFX.

back.jpg

front.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

Archived