Why Hextall Why⁉️⁉️⁉️

TheGoalNet

I dont see why they seemingly thought Hextall was their issue. Hextall has set them up for success come a few years when Carter Hart and company are ready to be NHL players

The goalie carousel they have been in is ridiculous. Crazy a GM who was a goalie couldn't solidify their goalies in the present 

13 hours ago, Fullright said:

I don't know their cap situation but, aside from rushing Hart, who could they get, for how much, and for how long? Pretty bad situation when the franchise's best goalie is a retired one who is also the now sacked GM. 

He absolutely got them out of cap hell and now they have tons of money to spend. 

2 hours ago, MTH said:

I realized with Hextall being fired that I don't really care about the Flyers anymore.

I’d love to eat crow on this one, but I think Fletcher is probably going to get Philly exactly where they were and MN is... 

a very expensive team that fills seats, makes the playoffs, and is NOT a real contender 

39 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’d love to eat crow on this one, but I think Fletcher is probably going to get Philly exactly where they were and MN is... 

a very expensive team that fills seats, makes the playoffs, and is NOT a real contender 

That'd be my guess as well. Sign a couple of overpriced names to non team friendly contracts and trade away all the draft picks for late season rentals. Make the playoffs and bomb out in the first round. Rinse repeat. I hope that's not the case for Philly fans but it was the same thing every year while he was in these parts.

25 minutes ago, wox33 said:

That'd be my guess as well. Sign a couple of overpriced names to non team friendly contracts and trade away all the draft picks for late season rentals. Make the playoffs and bomb out in the first round. Rinse repeat. I hope that's not the case for Philly fans but it was the same thing every year while he was in these parts.

Or maybe we’re all wrong and it’s like Stan Bowman in chi. 

Talon stocked the cubboards and he used the ingredients to make a feast 

22 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Or maybe we’re all wrong and it’s like Stan Bowman in chi. 

Talon stocked the cubboards and he used the ingredients to make a feast 

Very well could be the case. The one thing I hope he doesn’t do is keep guys down in the farm system for way too long and actually let the young talent get nhl time. He did that with so many guys for the Wild. 

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Philly always fills the seats for the Flyers. Been that way since the 70s.

I hope Fletcher gets the goaltending deal squared away. I mean besides, Parent, Lindbergh and the Goalie Who Was Formerly the GM,...not so great.

TGN, you might be more right than you know. Management here is imploding and it is starting to reek of the Pulford regime under Dollar Bill. Q never trusted Barry Smith and didn't want him on the bench. So they bring in a kid to be head coach and the old man is now behind the bench probably ratting every thing out to Bowman. I hope I am wrong about the politics of the situation but when the GM gets rid of the team's best D (that would be Q even tho he's long done as a player obviously), the similarities begin to be disturbing. I wonder if Stan is going to give out any more 10 yr deals with no trade clauses. Going to be a long year...

I feel like it’s tragic that Philly missed on their big goalie hopeful with Bobrovsky. He really was the one that they’ve been waiting for all these years and they blew it by bringing in Bryzgalov and moving Bobs. (BTW, I like Bryz)

Then again maybe he had to leave Philly to get to his current level. Maybe Philly just does that to goalies. 

4 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I feel like it’s tragic that Philly missed on their big goalie hopeful with Bobrovsky. He really was the one that they’ve been waiting for all these years and they blew it by bringing in Bryzgalov and moving Bobs. (BTW, I like Bryz)

Then again maybe he had to leave Philly to get to his current level. Maybe Philly just does that to goalies. 

I really hope Philly stays away from a Bobs trade or off season UFA deal unless it’s like 3 years.

What has Bob done since he left? Won two Veznia - cool - but have the Blue Jackets won anything?

Goalies eat it here when they don't win. Stats? Awards? See Roman.

Last time I checked - Bob hasn't won a playoff series... Yeah, that goes well here. Ohio? Maybe. But in a hockey nutty city? "Good luck bro".

Not to mention that Bob is 30 and isn't playing that well this year. Sure it helps the Flyers for getting him cheaper... but is that a good thing?

Honestly, nobody know this guy. Hextall - the name was easy to know. So the non-die hard people and the not really hockey fans were easily saying Hextall stinks.

Most of the people couldn't name another GM in the NHL. Flyers went back to below the radar with this guy.

Average sports fan in Philly now has little interest in the Flyers anyway. Some dude they hired had no effect on that.

Wentz is now hurt. So that's the vibe the past 24 hours. Scott Boras is talking at the MLB winter meetings, so the Phillies should sign Machado/Harper is second to the Wentz stuff right now. Some guy just called in and said the fairy tale story of Foles coming back and leading the Eagles back to the playoffs (and win)... so we're all Foles upped now.

Then the same caller just suggested the movie Goon to the hosts list of great sports movie. Goon was so bad.

4 hours ago, Pauly35or00 said:

Did this actually happen? Quenneville denied it and all the regular hockey talking heads I follow denied it as well.

From what I gather, it's happening. Seems like they are ironing Q's contact and that's why they can't Fire Hakstol. It feels like it's a where there's smoke, there's fire sort of thing. I think he will get fired within the next week.

They were going to do it now, but the Eagles beat the Rams with St. Nick back at the helm; so the city is all in with the Eagles right now.

3f85f7a4d7af4e831a86120a3c3551ba

Flyers want to make a splash to get the attention of the waning Philly fans. They (whole city did) expected the birds to get killed by the Rams and the city to close the door on the Eagles season. Then they'd step in with the 'look at us' announcement and run with the fire into the new year.

Eagles ruined that plan for another week.

Archived