Bauer logos on NME 8 mask -- removable?

Just picked up a 'new to me' Bauer NME 8, black with silver Bauer logos on the forehead and sides of the mask. I am wanting to remove them totally but can't figure out how to do that.

I have been using a heat gun but they won't come off. Are they covered by a clear coat from the factory?

Anyone else been successful in removing them without sanding & re-painting?

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone sanding to remove paint from fiber mask such as NME 8. I have one of this and wanted to repaint it but not sure what would be the best solution to get rid of the paint.

I read somewhere that brake oil (e.g. DOT 4) will do just fine without damage to the fiber structure. Someone tried that?

On 12/19/2018 at 6:30 AM, Nohtaram said:

Does anyone sanding to remove paint from fiber mask such as NME 8. I have one of this and wanted to repaint it but not sure what would be the best solution to get rid of the paint.

I read somewhere that brake oil (e.g. DOT 4) will do just fine without damage to the fiber structure. Someone tried that?

I've done it. You don't need to sand the existing paint off completely by any means (that would take you forever). You just have to sand enough to give the new paint something to adhere to. 

On 12/22/2018 at 6:32 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

@mckinneymagnum where did you order your stitches decals from?

Leblanc Designs from Canada. The shipping took a while due to the Holidays, but applied them yesterday. I'm a Cheevers fan and wanted to keep the same theme across my two masks (one white, one black). Not sure if the pic uploads worked or not.

IMG_8161.HEIC

IMG_2090.HEIC

On 12/26/2018 at 12:36 AM, IPv6Freely said:

I've done it. You don't need to sand the existing paint off completely by any means (that would take you forever). You just have to sand enough to give the new paint something to adhere to. 

Thanks for that! I've got some paint chips and I wonder if it won't be visible if I don't remove the paint completely. 

Archived