R GT/2

TheGoalNet

5 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Has anyone seen a Warrior set using a lot of the “Brown” color (as opposed to “Retro Tan”) in the wild?

I am finding myself really interested in another retro set but was thinking of going with the darker Brown to change it up. Just hard to get a sense of what that color actually looks like in person. 

Not that it helps much, but here’s a mock-up:

479ACA51-824D-4412-BFF9-DBCE675A8374.jpeg.5c8b43552e280ed39b23b5f290771beb.jpeg

It's definitely not a common color for Warrior custom gear. And I think most guys stick with retro tan. I do think if you do the right accent colors you could have a pretty good-looking set. An example of that would beScreenshot_20190519-123105.thumb.png.3f066e0e093a4b5d32543a8c1d12acf1.png

Solid colored pads crew

Screenshot_20190519-124034.thumb.png.a939daddf6a97ea705159013d061da00.png

Or a bit of bothScreenshot_20190519-124114.thumb.png.57dba02b95a7a749005b767d930b203d.png

Edited by cwarnar
Added pics

25 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Interesting. Thanks for the responses. Definitely more of a “chocolate” color than I thought. Was hoping it looked closer to the dark, more worn leather look. Will have to play with the customizer more. 

I was thinking the same... If I go GT2 I want Retro.  The brown seams more chocolate which doesn't quite capture the retro feel...

• 4 weeks later...

My custom warrior R\GT2 glove was delivered today. Ordered on April 29 through GoalieMonkey, which makes it 6 weeks and 2 days from order placement to delivery. That is considerably earlier than I was expecting it (was quoted 8-10 weeks). I'll post some pictures when I get home and unbox it. Fingers crossed this means my blocker and pads will also come in early!

14 minutes ago, Teezle said:

My custom warrior R\GT2 glove was delivered today. Ordered on April 29 through GoalieMonkey, which makes it 6 weeks and 2 days from order placement to delivery. That is considerably earlier than I was expecting it (was quoted 8-10 weeks). I'll post some pictures when I get home and unbox it. Fingers crossed this means my blocker and pads will also come in early!

That's good news.

Ordered mine on May 3rd and was scheduled to be done by June 12 (6 weeks) plus another for shipping. So this gives me hope I may get my set this week. :D

This Chocolate Brown talk actually just cleared up one of my curiosities in life. I always thought the bindingingless Warrior gloves looked different and I figured it was because of the no binding fingers. However, when I compared it to a CCM blockade, the blockade looks more like a traditional glove to me.

The thumb is the piece that looks different to me. Staring at all these glove pictures cleared it up for me. The way the leather wraps over the thumb gives it the unique look.

This has nothing to do with performance, just an observation that had me curious for sometime.

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

As promised, pictures:

93615E86-6D47-4D82-8003-268A2F4C2B31.thumb.jpeg.4464f49a3498085e4ef5b010884c62b6.jpeg85DB4066-2634-4CBC-9078-345F37AEDD96.thumb.jpeg.e57a6c55fc171921e89647f28854f942.jpeg

I really like the way the backhand opens up for drying.

B949A7D1-C009-4B46-A5D3-2A63D5803D53.thumb.jpeg.a792c4f289e673a1880a2dbf26964aa3.jpeg

Closes great out of the box.

Weighed it on my kitchen scale and it came out to 903g. Slightly more than my R/G3 Pro, likely due to a thicker standard palm (feels that way), and the double-T and skate lace in the pocket.

6 hours ago, Teezle said:

As promised, pictures:

93615E86-6D47-4D82-8003-268A2F4C2B31.thumb.jpeg.4464f49a3498085e4ef5b010884c62b6.jpeg85DB4066-2634-4CBC-9078-345F37AEDD96.thumb.jpeg.e57a6c55fc171921e89647f28854f942.jpeg

I really like the way the backhand opens up for drying.

B949A7D1-C009-4B46-A5D3-2A63D5803D53.thumb.jpeg.a792c4f289e673a1880a2dbf26964aa3.jpeg

Closes great out of the box.

DCCC8071-2549-48A5-A666-3F00D2952C69.MOV 11.2 MB · 0 downloads

Weighed it on my kitchen scale and it came out to 903g. Slightly more than my R/G3 Pro, likely due to a thicker standard palm (feels that way), and the double-T and skate lace in the pocket.

Lookin good! What leg pads do you have with these? 

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's good news.

Ordered mine on May 3rd and was scheduled to be done by June 12 (6 weeks) plus another for shipping. So this gives me hope I may get my set this week. :D

Was yours a full set? I ordered mine April 28th and still holding my breath. Does anyone know if Warrior posts every custom set they make on their Instagram? I keep hoping I'll see mine on there as a signal that mine will be shipped soon. 

58 minutes ago, gotc said:

Was yours a full set? I ordered mine April 28th and still holding my breath. Does anyone know if Warrior posts every custom set they make on their Instagram? I keep hoping I'll see mine on there as a signal that mine will be shipped soon. 

Yea full set. Checked with the hockey shop, set hasn't shipped yet so still waiting. 

And no they won't post every set. Could you imagine the spam? 

7 hours ago, gotc said:

Like Coop said, they seem to post 1 set a day.  I wasn't sure, so I was constantly refreshing their Instagram right up until the day my pads showed up.  The wait for custom orders is BRUTAL, but the end result is worth it!

Edit:  My comment about wait times was not a shot at Warrior for their turnaround time (which is actually pretty good), just an acknowledgement that the anticipation of new toys is both enjoyable and agonizing.   Lets be honest, the wait could be 2 weeks and many of us would still be impatient.  :) 

Edited by Puckstopper
Clarity

8 hours ago, gotc said:

Lookin good! What leg pads do you have with these? 

Currently in Brian's Optik ((flx)). I have some EFlex4 pads on order (should come in late July/early August). I tried on the R\GT2 pads in the goaliemonkey store and didn't like how they felt, mostly related to how the strap at the knee sat on my leg. Warrior blockers have great finger protection, but otherwise feel clunky to me.

One other thing I like about the R\GT2 glove is that Warrior straightened out the cuff a bit from the R\G3; the curve by the wrist is much less pronounced.

Edited by Teezle

On 5/19/2019 at 2:39 PM, cwarnar said:

It's definitely not a common color for Warrior custom gear. And I think most guys stick with retro tan. I do think if you do the right accent colors you could have a pretty good-looking set. An example of that would beScreenshot_20190519-123105.thumb.png.3f066e0e093a4b5d32543a8c1d12acf1.png

Solid colored pads crew

Screenshot_20190519-124034.thumb.png.a939daddf6a97ea705159013d061da00.png

Or a bit of bothScreenshot_20190519-124114.thumb.png.57dba02b95a7a749005b767d930b203d.png

Bottom one was my old G3 set! I currently use the G4s and have the Tan/White 'iceberg' graphic. 

I agree with the more Chocolate VS Brown. Thats what I was hoping for with the G3 set. However the Brown as a nylon is a nice option if you don't want to do the black or white nylon

23 minutes ago, CalValce said:

Bottom one was my old G3 set! I currently use the G4s and have the Tan/White 'iceberg' graphic. 

I agree with the more Chocolate VS Brown. Thats what I was hoping for with the G3 set. However the Brown as a nylon is a nice option if you don't want to do the black or white nylon

Can I see your new setup?

14 hours ago, Teezle said:

Currently in Brian's Optik ((flx)). I have some EFlex4 pads on order (should come in late July/early August). I tried on the R\GT2 pads in the goaliemonkey store and didn't like how they felt, mostly related to how the strap at the knee sat on my leg. Warrior blockers have great finger protection, but otherwise feel clunky to me.

One other thing I like about the R\GT2 glove is that Warrior straightened out the cuff a bit from the R\G3; the curve by the wrist is much less pronounced.

Nice.. like the good 'ol days when every piece of gear is from a different manufacturer. haha. 

It seems most folks with warrior opt to strap the one behind the knee down to the calf. 

I ordered a G4 catcher, but the RGT2 catcher feels very comfortable in hand. Happy catching!

10 hours ago, gotc said:

Nice.. like the good 'ol days when every piece of gear is from a different manufacturer. haha. 

It seems most folks with warrior opt to strap the one behind the knee down to the calf. 

I ordered a G4 catcher, but the RGT2 catcher feels very comfortable in hand. Happy catching!

It happened both in "standard" and "down to the calf" setups; it feels uncomfortable in where it sits at the back of my knee. I think it's how that piece of stretchy grey webbing is designed, where it is the width of the entire knee block and then tapers.

image.thumb.png.1afd1157e58c2677bb294ea5ee21922d.png

For the glove, I'm breaking it in by keeping it stretched open one day and wrapped closed the next. Hopefully I will get to use it for the first time in my game on Saturday night.

Edited by Teezle

4 hours ago, Teezle said:

It happened both in "standard" and "down to the calf" setups; it feels uncomfortable in where it sits at the back of my knee. I think it's how that piece of stretchy grey webbing is designed, where it is the width of the entire knee block and then tapers.

image.thumb.png.1afd1157e58c2677bb294ea5ee21922d.png

For the glove, I'm breaking it in by keeping it stretched open one day and wrapped closed the next. Hopefully I will get to use it for the first time in my game on Saturday night.

Oh strange, guess it's a bit different vs other brands, most just use a wide elastic strap. How do you like your OPTIKs? 

Keep us posted on how the glove is!

On 6/12/2019 at 1:23 AM, gotc said:

We get a lot of custom order images & it would be impossible to post every single one.  Sometimes the images go up before a customer receives it.  Other times it could be an image posted a few weeks after they received it.  If you have received your order & still want to make sure your gear gets posted on WarriorGoalie IG - Just shoot a DM to the IG account and we'll get it put into our posting schedule! :)

15 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

We get a lot of custom order images & it would be impossible to post every single one.  Sometimes the images go up before a customer receives it.  Other times it could be an image posted a few weeks after they received it.  If you have received your order & still want to make sure your gear gets posted on WarriorGoalie IG - Just shoot a DM to the IG account and we'll get it put into our posting schedule! :)

Good to know, that's a great problem to have! 

All good, I was just trying to use your guys' IG channel to see if my set's complete, I'll be more than happy with getting them on the ice--and of course sharing pics of the set here with everyone.