R GT/2

TheGoalNet

17 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

I always found it odd that there is no profile lock on the RGT or a strap to pull in the thigh rise. I totally understand there are knee breaks that help facilitate a nice thigh curve but it just seems odd it's not a feature.

i think the profile lock, airslide, etc. are g4 exclusive features that differentiate the g4 and gt 

Edited by Max27

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 2:01 PM, cwarnar said:

Sure looks that way.  @Kirk3190 any info as to why the break change?

@cwarnar @coopaloop1234 The new GT2 trapper has the same break degree as the G4 but it is not the same glove (minus removable liner) by any means.  Easy for me to say as I've been wearing one for over a year now while I know it's not hit stores yet for goalies to try for themselves.  I don't want to regurgitate the above Tech Diagrams but I cannot overstate it enough how much of a game changer the new thumb shape is.  This too, is something difficult to describe over a keyboard but I'll do my best to paint the picture for everyone.

Hold your hand out in front of you on it's side so your thumb is at the top & in line with your index finger.  This is close to how your hand is positioned inside a G4 trapper.  Now "let go" of your thumb and it will naturally shift to the right a little bit.  This is more comfortable because your thumb is not being held in a tense position.  This is a depiction of how the new GT2 trapper feels on your hand compared to a G4.  In addition, your thumb is now in a better position to snap the glove shut.  

Lastly, the new pocket on the GT2 trapper is massive.  It's not just because of the Double Tee either.  We made the actual pocket itself bigger.  It's the biggest pocket we've ever released on ANY Ritual glove to date.  I wear a Warrior hat every day, but in my personal opinion this is the best trapper we've ever made.  I'm excited for goalies to finally get to try it and fall in love with it like I have.

-Kirk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

@cwarnar @coopaloop1234 The new GT2 trapper has the same break degree as the G4 but it is not the same glove (minus removable liner) by any means.  Easy for me to say as I've been wearing one for over a year now while I know it's not hit stores yet for goalies to try for themselves.  I don't want to regurgitate the above Tech Diagrams but I cannot overstate it enough how much of a game changer the new thumb shape is.  This too, is something difficult to describe over a keyboard but I'll do my best to paint the picture for everyone.

Hold your hand out in front of you on it's side so your thumb is at the top & in line with your index finger.  This is close to how your hand is positioned inside a G4 trapper.  Now "let go" of your thumb and it will naturally shift to the right a little bit.  This is more comfortable because your thumb is not being held in a tense position.  This is a depiction of how the new GT2 trapper feels on your hand compared to a G4.  In addition, your thumb is now in a better position to snap the glove shut.  

Lastly, the new pocket on the GT2 trapper is massive.  It's not just because of the Double Tee either.  We made the actual pocket itself bigger.  It's the biggest pocket we've ever released on ANY Ritual glove to date.  I wear a Warrior hat every day, but in my personal opinion this is the best trapper we've ever made.  I'm excited for goalies to finally get to try it and fall in love with it like I have.

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk... It's awesome that you're able to provide us with the information.

And now I may have to upgrade... 

7 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

-Kirk

I have 2 questions.

1.)Since there are no NHL, AHL, ECHL, level goalies, who do you target to demo pro level equipment?

2.) Who do you target to demo senior level equipment? Ive heard that Warriors Senior Level pads and gloves are like the pros at half the price, i cant attest to the pads or gloves, but i can confidently say that I feel more protected in my senior g4 than i did w my XF non pro carbon chest protector. 

43 minutes ago, Max27 said:

I have 2 questions.

1.)Since there are no NHL, AHL, ECHL, level goalies, who do you target to demo pro level equipment?

2.) Who do you target to demo senior level equipment? Ive heard that Warriors Senior Level pads and gloves are like the pros at half the price, i cant attest to the pads or gloves, but i can confidently say that I feel more protected in my senior g4 than i did w my XF non pro carbon chest protector. 

Great questions.

1. We work extensively with over 30 European Pro Goalies each season.  Unlike a lot of cases in the NHL, EU goalies typically get one set of gear to last them an entire season.  Bigger clubs will sometimes get their goalies a second set or at least a practice trapper.  This gives us very in-depth durability and performance feedback directly from the Pros.  Over the past year and current season we've had a handful of goalies in the ECHL, SPHL, USHL & FHL wearing our equipment as well.   I work with these goalies throughout the year and they also testify to the positive results we've seen each year with our gear.

2. Senior level gear typically gets tested internally within our company.  As you mentioned, our SR level gear externally & spec-wise often mirrors our Pro models with the main differentiation being internal materials/make-up.  So, if a Pro level leg pad passes our testing protocols at the professional levels there is no reason the SR level would not stack up the exact same (externally).  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

Great questions.

1. We work extensively with over 30 European Pro Goalies each season.  Unlike a lot of cases in the NHL, EU goalies typically get one set of gear to last them an entire season.  Bigger clubs will sometimes get their goalies a second set or at least a practice trapper.  This gives us very in-depth durability and performance feedback directly from the Pros.  Over the past year and current season we've had a handful of goalies in the ECHL, SPHL, USHL & FHL wearing our equipment as well.   I work with these goalies throughout the year and they also testify to the positive results we've seen each year with our gear.

2. Senior level gear typically gets tested internally within our company.  As you mentioned, our SR level gear externally & spec-wise often mirrors our Pro models with the main differentiation being internal materials/make-up.  So, if a Pro level leg pad passes our testing protocols at the professional levels there is no reason the SR level would not stack up the exact same (externally).  

ah thats very interesting. Good point to attest to the pads durability by having EU goalies using it because they have to use it.

Really cool to be able to know your guys thought process towards making gear. 

So irritating that we don't have any try-out days, or are spoiled with hockey shops over here. Warrior doesn't even get sold in Belgium. The only option I have to try the new glove is order it online somewhere... I'm super interested in how I would like this glove. I have a G3 now with a 60 degree liner and I wonder how it compares to the new GT2.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kippewit said:

So irritating that we don't have any try-out days, or are spoiled with hockey shops over here. Warrior doesn't even get sold in Belgium. The only option I have to try the new glove is order it online somewhere... I'm super interested in how I would like this glove. I have a G3 now with a 60 degree liner and I wonder how it compares to the new GT2.

id say if you want to compare it to a gt2, order a 75 degree liner online, which is what is stock on the gt2

https://www.goaliemonkey.com/equipment/gloves/sr-goalie-catch-gloves/warrior-goalie-accessories-ritual-g4-catcher-glove-liner-sr.html

7 hours ago, Max27 said:

id say if you want to compare it to a gt2, order a 75 degree liner online, which is what is stock on the gt2

https://www.goaliemonkey.com/equipment/gloves/sr-goalie-catch-gloves/warrior-goalie-accessories-ritual-g4-catcher-glove-liner-sr.html

I don't believe this is accurate. Although the break angle is the same (both 75 degree) the thumb angle is different. This will make the break feel different because your thumb is now in a different position. As @Kirk3190 stated above, 

On 2/28/2019 at 3:23 PM, Kirk3190 said:

The new GT2 trapper has the same break degree as the G4 but it is not the same glove (minus removable liner) by any means

7 hours ago, old but slow said:

I don't believe this is accurate. Although the break angle is the same (both 75 degree) the thumb angle is different. This will make the break feel different because your thumb is now in a different position. As @Kirk3190 stated above, 

yeah ik, i was more saying for Kippewitt to get a general feel for a 75 degree break, he/she said hes in a 60 right now. The GT2 has a taller thumb angle, but Kirk gave a great explanation as to how your hand feels when its in the glove