R GT/2

TheGoalNet

11 minutes ago, RichMan said:

@Kirk3190 If it's not too late to take suggestion for the blocker, I strongly recommend making it in the "high" position permanently. It feels more balanced, better on the paddle down and avoids trying to locate the 100+ velcro attachments to undo and reposition. Doing this was a task beyond what I expected lolll.

And one other thing, how the hell do you guys grab your water bottle with the blocker? I got the SR GT and it's a friggin' struggle e-v-e-r-y time 😟

The high position is garbage. Also, wouldn't the middle position be a better starting point as: 1. Majority of people stick with this layout, 2. It allows people to get a good feel off the bat if they want to move it up or down. Putting it at the far end of customization part just means even more fiddling around.

Blocker always comes off for water. I've never been able to figure out how guys drink with their gloves on.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:10 AM, thebigm said:

This will be my warrior set this year.  Doing a black white theme for my gear this season.  Also gonna try the 90 degree angle in the glove as that seems to be what I would like!

Marks Custom GT2 Set.jpg

On 3/22/2019 at 2:05 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

@jayluv54

+2.5 is a massive thigh rise in warrior. Warrior +1.5 = CCM +2 if I remember correctly

Not in my experience.  I've had G3's, GT's and G4's in 33+1.5 and have had P2's and EF3's in 33+2.  Definitely a difference for me with the CCM's being a little taller.  I went with the +2.5 because I also had a set of G4s in a 34+1.5.  The overall size was perfect, but they were just a little too tall in the knee.  A 33+2.5 should have the overall size I got from the 34+1.5, but with the appropriate knee sizing.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 3:17 PM, ULTIMA said:

I believe you are correct.

The standard/stock +1.5 on pads was massive for me. I couldn't move and had to sell my gear, what a shame.

too small for me, I had to go up a size in stock to get the best overall size but then would be slipping off the bottom of the knee stack.  

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

@Kirk3190 If it's not too late to take suggestion for the blocker, I strongly recommend making it in the "high" position permanently. It feels more balanced, better on the paddle down and avoids trying to locate the 100+ velcro attachments to undo and reposition. Doing this was a task beyond what I expected lolll.

And one other thing, how the hell do you guys grab your water bottle with the blocker? I got the SR GT and it's a friggin' struggle e-v-e-r-y time 😟

Our plan is to continue using the MID setting as our stock placement.  If you're having difficulty grabbing your water bottle, try adjusting the thumb.  Not only can you move it up or down, but you can also move it in/out from the board.  My thought is if you move it out slightly it should free up more space for it to fit between the thumb and index/sidewall.

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Has it maintained or improved the same level of mobility?

In most areas the mobility has maintained great like it was on R/GT.  Where I would say it has improved the most is in & around the neck/shoulder area.  The new floater design makes it much easier to look over your shoulder at pucks behind the net and in the RVH position.

37 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

In most areas the mobility has maintained great like it was on R/GT.  Where I would say it has improved the most is in & around the neck/shoulder area.  The new floater design makes it much easier to look over your shoulder at pucks behind the net and in the RVH position.

The side-by-side pictures on the previous page make it look like the R\GT2 lower and upper arm sections are wider than on the original R\GT. Is this the case? The original one was very comfortable when I tried it, though I ended up going with the R\G4, so I'm looking forward to trying this one on in store soon.

11 hours ago, Teezle said:

The side-by-side pictures on the previous page make it look like the R\GT2 lower and upper arm sections are wider than on the original R\GT. Is this the case? The original one was very comfortable when I tried it, though I ended up going with the R\G4, so I'm looking forward to trying this one on in store soon.

Warrior squared off the biceps area for more coverage, that's why it looks wider. Lower arm section is still rounded, but definitely looks a bit wider and maybe beefier.

They added a second layer on to the elbow floaters, too. Kinda hard to see unless you zoom in on the photos.

19 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

Our plan is to continue using the MID setting as our stock placement.  If you're having difficulty grabbing your water bottle, try adjusting the thumb.  Not only can you move it up or down, but you can also move it in/out from the board.  My thought is if you move it out slightly it should free up more space for it to fit between the thumb and index/sidewall.

Mid personally I find the comfiest and I agree about moving the thumb i moved it to far forward the other day and had a hard time drinking but I sold my G4 before I got these so I couldn't see how I had it set up.

19 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

Mobility is awesome in the unit.  I did find my chin was catching slightly on the floaters as they are a bit thicker than the original.  I set it up pretty much the same way as I did with the old one and my chin would catch a bit nothing to impede but I notice it.

7 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Warrior squared off the biceps area for more coverage, that's why it looks wider. Lower arm section is still rounded, but definitely looks a bit wider and maybe beefier.

They added a second layer on to the elbow floaters, too. Kinda hard to see unless you zoom in on the photos.

the lower section is definitely wider.  I wish this was tapered like the original as I had better mobility with my wrist and it didn't interfere with the blocker.  I will be posting up a initial impression in the review section.
I didn't play around with the strapping lots to get it where I needed and I had to tweak the thumb positioning to.

I will add another note wore this set in a crucial game as I have a lot of confidence in warrior gear and I have worn them enough times to know how they feel and play.  If we lost or tied we were going to play for third place but we squeaked out the win and won 5-3 (1 was an empty net).  2 goals no chance and the other one I tipped the puck in my own net!

First save in them was a memorable one though. two on one passed across one timed I slid over caught the top of the pad and arm.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kirk3190 said:

Yes!! 👍 This is my only complaint with the G2 C/A I'm currently in. Can't wait to check this out.

23 hours ago, Hockey37 said:

@Kirk3190 Will weave be on the "stock" retail sets?  I'm hoping for an all black weave or mostly black weave for a stock option.  Thanks.

We (Warrior) did not stock any sets with weave.  Several retailers chose to create their own sets using weave.  Pretty soon they'll be up on websites and you can shop around all of the new colorways coming with it!

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, Hockey37 said:

@Kirk3190 Will weave be on the "stock" retail sets?  I'm hoping for an all black weave or mostly black weave for a stock option.  Thanks.

Goaliemonkey will have stock retail full black weave sets.

The hockey Shop in BC has black with white outer rolls.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

Goaliemonkey will have stock retail full black weave sets.

The hockey Shop in BC has black with white outer rolls.

There are some UNREAL special colorways coming from retailers this year in the GT2.  I am pumped for everyone to see them!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So far from what I've read about the glove looks good, but, I really need to try one for myself before committing. I really loved the GT1.

Also, wasn't the GT1 just a single inner/outer break? Is the GT2 stock 2 internal/1 external? @Kirk3190

I think its only 1/1 on stock.  I would prefer a double internal, no external. I had those on my Smiths

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So far from what I've read about the glove looks good, but, I really need to try one for myself before committing. I really loved the GT1.

Also, wasn't the GT1 just a single inner/outer break? Is the GT2 stock 2 internal/1 external? @Kirk3190

The internal break design is a single internal (at the top) with the Torsional flex breaks below the knee and at the ankle.  The primary (internal) difference between GT2 & GT is added HyperComp in the thigh rise for increased stability and stopping power in the 5-Hole.  Also, GT2 has an HD foam face from top to bottom whereas GT had LD foam face top to bottom.  This gives off much harder & faster rebounds.

GT2-geotmetric-torsion-tech-ill-6-18-2018.pdf

8 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

The internal break design is a single internal (at the top) with the Torsional flex breaks below the knee and at the ankle.  The primary (internal) difference between GT2 & GT is added HyperComp in the thigh rise for increased stability and stopping power in the 5-Hole.  Also, GT2 has an HD foam face from top to bottom whereas GT had LD foam face top to bottom.  This gives off much harder & faster rebounds.

GT2-geotmetric-torsion-tech-ill-6-18-2018.pdf 507.07 kB · 3 downloads

So there is an internal break above the knee in the GT1? And here I thought it was just a single outer/inner break below the knee.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the G4 also has the internal break above the knee right? Or was that only the G2/G3?

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So there is an internal break above the knee in the GT1? And here I thought it was just a single outer/inner break below the knee.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the G4 also has the internal break above the knee right? Or was that only the G2/G3?

G2: Double Internal - Single Outer

G3: Double Internal - Single Outer

GT1: Single Internal - Single Outer

G4: Single Internal + HyperComp - RVH Optimized Outer (No External)

GT2: Single Internal + HyperComp - Single Outer

G5: ********************************* ;)

2 minutes ago, Kirk3190 said:

G2: Double Internal - Single Outer

G3: Double Internal - Single Outer

GT1: Single Internal - Single Outer

G4: Single Internal + HyperComp - RVH Optimized Outer (No External)

GT2: Single Internal + HyperComp - Single Outer

G5: ********************************* ;)

Gracias Senior.

• Haha 1