R GT/2

TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

What was the turnaround time like?  I didn't get my order in until last month, and can't quit looking at the projected delivery dates on my calendar.  As they say, the waiting is the hardest part. 

They aren't in my hands yet. But I placed my order near close of business on January 31st. I was quoted 7-9 weeks and I'm almost at 9 weeks now.

25 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Thanks for letting me know, I'll calibrate my expectations accordingly.  I kind of figured it would be towards the end of the 8-10 week time frame I was quoted with it being a new line and all, but was hoping for an Easter miracle.  😀 

You ordered GT2s, too?

I was helping a customer order his G4s about 3-4 days before I ordered my GT2s. He got his G4s on the 20th. Mine should be here literally any day now... 🤤

I too was hoping it'd be faster than the times that were quoted. A buddy of mine got his custom G4 set at least a full month (IIRC) before that line's retail launch.

Yep, I've got an Andy Moog inspired set of brown/black/green Classics on the way along with a 3 pack of matching v1 Pro+ sticks.  I know the prevailing opinion is against retro/color combos, but I think I've found a setup that bridges both of my teams fairly well.   After trying on the GT1's I'm pretty stoked to see how the GT2s do once I get them on the ice. 

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Yep, I've got an Andy Moog inspired set of brown/black/green Classics on the way along with a 3 pack of matching v1 Pro+ sticks.  I know the prevailing opinion is against retro/color combos, but I think I've found a setup that bridges both of my teams fairly well.   After trying on the GT1's I'm pretty stoked to see how the GT2s do once I get them on the ice.  

Speak of the devil.... I've just been told my set has arrived. Will pick up in a couple hours.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on that stick pack. Or getting the EF4 sticks. Can't decide. Still have two CCM unused foam cores I need to get through before I can justify getting more sticks. 😬

EDIT: Even more beautiful in person.

IMG_20190403_130203.thumb.jpg.461965b40805051a5a08d29db6929294.jpg

Edited by ZeroGravitas

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Speak of the devil.... I've just been told my set has arrived. Will pick up in a couple hours.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on that stick pack. Or getting the EF4 sticks. Can't decide. Still have two CCM unused foam cores I need to get through before I can justify getting more sticks. 😬

EDIT: Even more beautiful in person.

IMG_20190403_130203.thumb.jpg.461965b40805051a5a08d29db6929294.jpg

Must get first impressions on the new glove

15 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Must get first impressions on the new glove

I went with a 60 degree break instead of the stock 75. I really, really like it a lot, and I never cared for Warrior gloves before. Even trying a 60 or 90 degree liner in a G4 did nothing for me. It closes surprisingly well, straight out of the box. Other staff members at the store were digging it too. I'll play more with it tonight when I'm off work.

• Like 1

@Kirk3190 After seeing the pictures of new R\GT2 sets posted here and elsewhere online, what was the design decision for going to a binding around the main knee block on the R\GT2 and R\G4, when the R\G2, R\G3, and R\GT all had completely bindingless knee blocks? You can see the snow buildup on it in the picture below for the R\GT2, and the binding in the picture of the R\G4. As the first (or one of) the first companies to do a bindingless everything, I'm curious as to why Warrior is re-introducing the it in this area.

Warrior-RGT-2-Pro-legpads-3876.jpg?30673

Warrior%20Ritual%20G4%20Airslide.gif

24 minutes ago, Teezle said:

@Kirk3190 After seeing the pictures of new R\GT2 sets posted here and elsewhere online, what was the design decision for going to a binding around the main knee block on the R\GT2 and R\G4, when the R\G2, R\G3, and R\GT all had completely bindingless knee blocks? You can see the snow buildup on it in the picture below for the R\GT2, and the binding in the picture of the R\G4. As the first (or one of) the first companies to do a bindingless everything, I'm curious as to why Warrior is re-introducing the it in this area.

Hi Teezle,  There's really no "single" answer to your question.  It's more of a series of designs, efforts and developments linked together.  One of the main things that changed for G4 was the AIRslide feature.  Constructing this was no easy task.  Coupled with the improved integration of the Knee Drive System on the G4 (& now GT2) series, there simply wasn't a way to include both new upgrades in a bindingless fashion.  If you look closely at the GT2 knee binding, you'll see it's recessed whereas on G4 it was not.  This gets the binding off the ice during slides which is a nice improvement.  It's always our goal to improve the slidability of our gear.  Design & development truly are extensive & continuous problem solving exercises.  We're on a constant quest to advance our products.  With slidability being a primary focus, you can expect to see a continuation of improved designs for years to come in this realm.  Lastly, while there is a small bit of binding near the knee on G4 and GT2, you will be hard pressed to find anyone who would say these pads don't slide quicker and more consistently than our previous generations.  

On 3/25/2019 at 11:49 PM, thebigm said:

New chest pics and arm comparison. 

IMG_20190324_135614_230.jpg

20190322_140454.jpg

20190322_205242.jpg

20190322_204951.jpg

Is that bottom part removable? Also, when will these be available to purchase? 

What will be the main differences between the Senior and Pro Models?

Edited by Peter36

5 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Is that bottom part removable? Also, when will these be available to purchase? 

What will be the main differences between the Senior and Pro Models?

not removable as I would have swapped to the Original GT part. Will be available shortly. I believe next week is launch I have to double check!

hypercomp would be the main difference and the internals.

I will try to get the differences later today.  I am working on our new site so I don't get much free time to get to post on here.  I should hopefully have the new site up and running within the next couple weeks!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So got to check out the gear in person yesterday.

Everything looks pretty nice. Glove is a departure from the GT1, but it's not too bad. It's like a child of the G4 and GT1 really. I really wish it would be possible to try a 60 and 90 degree variant of this glove instead of the stock 75, but even the 75 felt pretty good.

The binding on the knee stack is definitely a talking point. It's a lot better than what was on the G4. GT2 has it recessed and double stitched, but I do believe that we'll see a return to a bindingless design soon (or an alternative landing surface).

Hypercomp has the thighrise feeling nice an stiff. I did the bend test with the GT2 and the GT1 and the difference was quite noticeable. You're not going to get as stiff as the Bauer lines, but it's a good improvement.

My one and only major gripe with the line is the lackluster graphic. Cutting 1/3 of the pad into one colour like that really feels limiting from a design standpoint.

30 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So got to check out the gear in person yesterday.

Everything looks pretty nice. Glove is a departure from the GT1, but it's not too bad. It's like a child of the G4 and GT1 really. I really wish it would be possible to try a 60 and 90 degree variant of this glove instead of the stock 75, but even the 75 felt pretty good.

The binding on the knee stack is definitely a talking point. It's a lot better than what was on the G4. GT2 has it recessed and double stitched, but I do believe that we'll see a return to a bindingless design soon (or an alternative landing surface).

Hypercomp has the thighrise feeling nice an stiff. I did the bend test with the GT2 and the GT1 and the difference was quite noticeable. You're not going to get as stiff as the Bauer lines, but it's a good improvement.

My one and only major gripe with the line is the lackluster graphic. Cutting 1/3 of the pad into one colour like that really feels limiting from a design standpoint.

Agreed on the graphic (we've spoke about this at length)... I'm very curious to see what the retailers have cooked up in terms of their stock graphics as well... I'm really finding it next to impossible to create a graphic that rivals the GT1 set up I have now.

11 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Agreed on the graphic (we've spoke about this at length)... I'm very curious to see what the retailers have cooked up in terms of their stock graphics as well... I'm really finding it next to impossible to create a graphic that rivals the GT1 set up I have now.

With the few sets on the shelf at THS. A white base with a coloured outer roll and a coloured accent graphics (like the promo ones) look great. Issue being is that you need to almost jump feet first into a solid colour base with a few coloured accents to make it work.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

With the few sets on the shelf at THS. A white base with a coloured outer roll and a coloured accent graphics (like the promo ones) look great. Issue being is that you need to almost jump feet first into a solid colour base with a few coloured accents to make it work.

Ya... The calling card for Warrior Graphics (especially the GT1 and the G4) was the versatility to create designs within the graphics...

image.png.4efab37539f92d27c214016a849c54fc.png 

image.png.e9ea2199f4bf24d875da66026de9ecfc.png

image.png.b3b645d5b611ad8cca043444e441086f.png

image.png.71aa8c59d03f4e03ce57648fdc4aa86b.png

1 minute ago, Puckstopper said:

The one thing I'll give Warrior is that they've kept the Classic option around as a no cost option for people who don't care for the stock graphic.  It really works well with the GT/2 especially.  

Absolutely. Having two options is great. Too bad the classic option feels like it only really suits dual colours.

Here's the ideas I have going. The black/white/green template of one of my teams wouldn't translate well into the classic graphic, and the blue/white of the other team looks boring on the standard graphic.

Untitled.thumb.png.a83816f0b9d522e7c6368d03ca49069c.png