Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I think they were having trouble with their supplier of carbon fiber cups, or something. I just switched my order to no cup and it shipped that day. I have a cup to use in it already. 

That's good info. Maybe the standard style cup could ship faster too. Have you used the jock? Do you like it? 

Still kind of a classic Monster flub though. Promoting a unique cup people are clearly interested in and they are stuck waiting on a supplier. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If people are still buying from this company they're stupid and deserve to lose their money.

I'll name the company.  It's Tesla.  Elon Musk has announced on Twitter he's doing a partnership with Monster for battery powered Junk Trunks.  

The problem I have with this situation that seems to come up with EVERY independent goalie gear/niche goalie parts manufacturer that finds itself struggling with shipments. In almost every case where

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's good info. Maybe the standard style cup could ship faster too. Have you used the jock? Do you like it? 

Still kind of a classic Monster flub though. Promoting a unique cup people are clearly interested in and they are stuck waiting on a supplier. 

That is a Kustom Composites cup, I do believe...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

That is a Kustom Composites cup, I do believe...

Yes, it is. 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's good info. Maybe the standard style cup could ship faster too. Have you used the jock? Do you like it? 

Still kind of a classic Monster flub though. Promoting a unique cup people are clearly interested in and they are stuck waiting on a supplier. 

I haven't used it, yet. Wore it around the house when it arrived. Super comfortable, and with all the adjustment points it was easy to get it to stay in place (something I struggle with my current jock). 

I'm not going to blame monster because their supplier can't deliver. There are definitely things to beat them up on, but I don't think this is one of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yes, it is. 

I haven't used it, yet. Wore it around the house when it arrived. Super comfortable, and with all the adjustment points it was easy to get it to stay in place (something I struggle with my current jock). 

I'm not going to blame monster because their supplier can't deliver. There are definitely things to beat them up on, but I don't think this is one of them.

If this were a company with a better track record I might have a different opinion. To me, it's just another example of them not doing there homework or understanding their supply chain or production requirements to meet customer devilries. 

In the auto industry, GM suppliers get charged around $1,000,000 a day if they shut down a production line / delay vehicles being built. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I think they were having trouble with their supplier of carbon fiber cups, or something. I just switched my order to no cup and it shipped that day. I have a cup to use in it already. 

Yeah that’s the issue. I agreed to switch to the alternative cup (Shock doctor something-or-other) but I guess they didn’t actually have them in stock yet. Still don’t, apparently. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Yeah that’s the issue. I agreed to switch to the alternative cup (Shock doctor something-or-other) but I guess they didn’t actually have them in stock yet. Still don’t, apparently. 

haha, they're selling a jock without the ability to supply any physical cups?

@IPv6Freely are you converted yet that they don't manage things well yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

haha, they're selling a joke without the ability to supply any physical cups.

@IPv6Freely are you converted yet that they don't manage things well yet?

Given his influence at other places, I think he may be one of their VIPs that end up getting products first, while everyone else waits, hence his good experiences. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

haha, they're selling a jock without the ability to supply any physical cups?

@IPv6Freely are you converted yet that they don't manage things well yet?

I know they don't, that's why they're so damn slow. 

3 hours ago, Kayen said:

Given his influence at other places, I think he may be one of their VIPs that end up getting products first, while everyone else waits, hence his good experiences. 

That would be nice, but not the case as far as I'm aware. Maybe I am and I just don't know it? I mean, yay for me if so, I guess. 

They're definitely slow but the products themselves have always been good and they have always been responsive to emails. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

haha, they're selling a jock without the ability to supply any physical cups?

@IPv6Freely are you converted yet that they don't manage things well yet?

Just to be precise - my understanding from the emails they sent is that they had some cups, including the Kevlar cups, at some point. They said they got some bad customer feedback about the comfort of the edges of the Kevlar cup so they asked me whether I would want to sub out another cup (the Shock Doctor one). Not sure it was clear that they did not have the SD cup in stock, but at the time my jock had not even been built yet as they had other issues with their elastic supplier, etc. Really don’t know what to think. Maybe demand was much higher than they thought. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 5:46 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

Just to be precise - my understanding from the emails they sent is that they had some cups, including the Kevlar cups, at some point. They said they got some bad customer feedback about the comfort of the edges of the Kevlar cup so they asked me whether I would want to sub out another cup (the Shock Doctor one). Not sure it was clear that they did not have the SD cup in stock, but at the time my jock had not even been built yet as they had other issues with their elastic supplier, etc. Really don’t know what to think. Maybe demand was much higher than they thought. 

But your saying SD cups weren’t available after the issue with the Kevlar cups?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 11:58 AM, TheGoalNet said:

But your saying SD cups weren’t available after the issue with the Kevlar cups?

Right - after I was offered and accepted the SD cup instead, they did build my unit (and sent me pictures) but the current and hopefully final delay is waiting for the cup to come in. As someone else said they did offer any item up to $30 as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Right - after I was offered and accepted the SD cup instead, they did build my unit (and sent me pictures) but the current and hopefully final delay is waiting for the cup to come in. As someone else said they did offer any item up to $30 as well. 

Assuming they get the cups in quickly and you really get your $30, that seems like a fair solution

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Assuming they get the cups in quickly and you really get your $30, that seems like a fair solution

What didn't say is it's 6 month wait for for your $30 item, and then the excuses start..lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update to my order with Monster. After a month and a half of not getting 2 of their more basic offerings PayPal refunded me my money. They gave them almost 2 weeks to respond to the dispute and when I inquired they said they got no response at all so they sided with me. Not sure what the deal is as I received about 10 emails from their marketing about new sales they were having but they couldn't manage to get me a pair of HAL straps and suspenders.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stories like above just kill me!!!!  My bad experiences really entail poor materials and a “flash” sale where they were making the product to order, which is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of.

Kenesky is making the same sorts of things and are most likely better made with much better materials.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When Jeff Laum first got started, he was selling reasonably priced DIY stuff.  Nothing crazy, but shock cord laces, boot straps.  probably a side business or whatever.  He sold them on eBay and you paid and it was shipped.  then came the website.  That was fine.  

But he did two things that sunk his business.  He started introducing more labor intensive products that I don't think he was really able to scale up to.  That affected both quality and shipping time since he was doing those on an as needed basis.  The knee stacks come to mind.  

And for some reason he hired a dozen or so reps to flood the Facebook pages, particularly GGSU.   Passau, an established business, gets by with @Tim_TRUEHockey who is unfailingly polite and responsive.  They hired people who insulted, blamed the user, and weren't responsive about orders.  

Not a smart way to grow a business.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Stories like above just kill me!!!!  My bad experiences really entail poor materials and a “flash” sale where they were making the product to order, which is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of.

Kenesky is making the same sorts of things and are most likely better made with much better materials.

Kenesky has an opportunity to take this market. But they need to spend some money on E commerce, so people can order stuff more easily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, goalie said:

Kenesky has an opportunity to take this market. But they need to spend some money on E commerce, so people can order stuff more easily.

It's already going to happen. Dave has it being done right now. Been mentioned it for the last week or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...