28 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

It will, but it won't.  Monster still has there fanboys on the ggsu who think there are world. I actually surprised he lasted this long, the amount of people he has screwed around with. 

But if people get tired of the “bro” culture on GGSU, then they will realise that Jeff is a fake and the Monster worship is silly. 

GGSU may merely delay the inevitable.

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am starting a 12 step programme support group for those of us burnt as Monster customers...

Do you mean a 12 month support program?  My last purchase from Monster was in April 2016.  My order was delivered March 2017.  I'm all for supporting small businesses, but 11 months for a set of knee blocks?  To Monster's credit, I did receive my order as well as a nice phone call from Jeff and a few extras, but that's no way to run a business.  Everyone encounters personal problems, but if it's impacting your business, at least stop taking new orders!

In the time it took to make my knee blocks, I went through the entire process of buying and selling a home (and them my order was almost shipped to my old address).  IMHO, if you're selling something for under $80 and you can't make it in the time it takes someone else to make another human being, you probably should close your online store.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VOGoalie said:

Do you mean a 12 month support program?  My last purchase from Monster was in April 2016.  My order was delivered March 2017.  I'm all for supporting small businesses, but 11 months for a set of knee blocks?  To Monster's credit, I did receive my order as well as a nice phone call from Jeff and a few extras, but that's no way to run a business.  Everyone encounters personal problems, but if it's impacting your business, at least stop taking new orders!

In the time it took to make my knee blocks, I went through the entire process of buying and selling a home (and them my order was almost shipped to my old address).  IMHO, if you're selling something for under $80 and you can't make it in the time it takes someone else to make another human being, you probably should close your online store.

Ouch!!!!

11 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Sounds like they are running their business like Dave Agatone

New orders fund the backlog

That is the general reason why small, made to order companies end up failing. It gets very tempting to rob Peter to pay Paul with the big money coming in. Most got away with having not much in reserve in the beginning; how ‘bout a down payment on anew Harley? Then comes the fancy cars. Don’t worry- there’s money flowin’ like the Mississippi! Oh crap! Gotta skip a payment to a supplier! Oh crap! Missing lead times on orders! I’ll get some out to the “important” people. Oh shit!!! Joe Average is not ordering any longer; let’s run a sale!!!! And it goes on and on until they are run out of business and their name is Mud.

53 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I need to just un-follow Monster on all social media, because I am always tempted by shiny new imaginary objects. 

On the plus side, I give Monster credit for convincing me to buy a sewing machine and make my own accessories :)

-steve

Please join the Monster Hockey Abuse Support Group!

I have to see if I can get off of their email list...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, goalie said:

Here we go again. from Facebook

Our website is changing to www.MonsterHockeyInc.com in August. We're offering one last blowout sale on www.MonsterGoalies.com to close things out. As we prepare the new website, enjoy 25% savings thought the MonsterGoalies.com store to get ready for your upcoming season! Use the coupon code WEBSITE for savings!

Wish there was a face palm! Sounds fishy... 

Just got done sending an email to "support@monstergoalies.com" for a refund. It seems that my paypal payment originally went to Jeff Laum.

Someone ought to be replying and hopefully refunding soon, or I will let paypal sort it out. Seems that I have until September to file a claim.

So...what y'all think?? Go with the doublecup Vaughn or the singlecup John Brown?? ?

1 hour ago, Taco said:

Just got done sending an email to "support@monstergoalies.com" for a refund. It seems that my paypal payment originally went to Jeff Laum.

Someone ought to be replying and hopefully refunding soon, or I will let paypal sort it out. Seems that I have until September to file a claim.

So...what y'all think?? Go with the doublecup Vaughn or the singlecup John Brown?? ?

File the claim now why wait ? You have waited long enough and now your going to let it go another month or two. If there is a bankruptcy/money issue as to the name change and everything else you might have a harder time getting your money back if the paypal account is gone, along with the bank account attached to it.

Ether jock is fine, I have used both, and the protection is great.

Has anyone gone and read the new website?

Some incredible snippets off the HAL page:

"OUR PROPRIETY (sic) DRAGON SKIN SYNTHETIC LEATHER IS LIGHT AND FLEXIBLE WHILE BEING EXTREMELY DURABLE. "

"WE SEE A LOT OF COPYCATS USING MARINE GRADE VINYL. THAT MIGHT BE FINE FOR ARTS AND CRAFTS BUT HOCKEY ISN'T ARTS AND CRAFTS. "

I'm waiting for Billy Mays (RIP) to pop out and exclaim, "But wait, that's not all..."

• Haha 2