On 1/29/2018 at 6:07 PM, Doobiesnax said:

I think the universe was punishing me for retaining more monster products....  took a slapper to the side in my second shinny session on saturday... clipped the old love handle...  I guess ill be looking at modding the old chesty a bit more to cover the excess beef!  

bruise.thumb.jpg.ec569f1c11911e13f9d289b97bb0fa68.jpg

Too many snax for you man. 

1 hour ago, FDB#12 said:

the saga continues :facepalm:

27332345_1767405556899018_3394847347286621247_n.png

27336836_1767405626899011_3908523241404724182_n.png

Looking at that post, the person asking the question called them Monster Hockey HALs, however- the only sin Kenesky commited was that they did not say “Our (elastic toe tie system) is not affiliated with Monster Hockey, as we build these ourselves...”

That being said- now that I know that Kenesky builds their own, I will buy from them. Kenesky are good people. 

11 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Looking at that post, the person asking the question called them Monster Hockey HALs, however- the only sin Kenesky commited was that they did not say “Our (elastic toe tie system) is not affiliated with Monster Hockey, as we build these ourselves...”

That being said- now that I know that Kenesky builds their own, I will buy from them. Kenesky are good people. 

I don't find that to be the case.  The packaging is as clear as day and it says Kenesky.  That's like asking someone for the box of kleenex when it clearly says puffs and just handing it to them instead of correcting them.  

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I don't find that to be the case.  The packaging is as clear as day and it says Kenesky.  That's like asking someone for the box of kleenex when it clearly says puffs and just handing it to them instead of correcting them.  

I know what you’re saying. I think it was merely an innocent omission on Kenesky’s part, myself.

I'm just catching up on this, and I've tried to stay away...

But it would appear that the person asking about HALs was a Monster rep, and asked the initial question with the intention of baiting Kenesky into a response, in order to stir up some nonsense conflict - or at least that's my understanding.

This whole thing is stupid, but I do believe we're witnessing the messy implosion of Monster Hockey.

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

To make Kenesky look like they're the bad guys passing off their work as Monster.

Where was this originally posted? GGSU?

I'm kind of skeptical that it was Monster that screenshotted this and reposted it, the mentality of that action is just mind numbingly stupid.

At the same time, based off of the postings in here, I guess it wouldn't be too farfetched.

I still don't get it at all though.

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Where was this originally posted? GGSU?

I'm kind of skeptical that it was Monster that screenshotted this and reposted it, the mentality of that action is just mind numbingly stupid.

At the same time, based off of the postings in here, I guess it wouldn't be too farfetched.

I still don't get it at all though.

I saw it on FB posted on two different groups.  One was GGSU and i don't recall the other.  I agree it would be stupid, but, like you, after reading some of the shit that I have heard about Monster I wouldn't put it past them.

Maybe monster should find a silver lining in this......somebody else is providing the market with the toe tie product, weakened demand for their toe ties will free up some man power for them to work on everything else that they are behind on, which based on what I've read seems to be pretty much everything outside of internet publicity.

• Haha 1

So i dont want to jump on the train here, but i got some hal straps for xmas, and ive used them 6 times so far, and the elastic has already starting to fray where they contact the front of my skate cowling, anyone else who has them is that normal, and does this also happen to prolaces or other similar products?

2 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

So i dont want to jump on the train here, but i got some hal straps for xmas, and ive used them 6 times so far, and the elastic has already starting to fray where they contact the front of my skate cowling, anyone else who has them is that normal, and does this also happen to prolaces or other similar products?

I got the sleeves that you can buy with the HALs, and I have some pretty noticeable wear on them.  Not to the point where they are falling apart, mostly it just looks like they're doing their job and protecting the cord.  The sleeves are pretty thick though and I feel like that might be contributing to the wear on them.  Haven't had any issues with wear at the front of the cowling, but I also don't have a cowling (1S), what skates do you use and is there any wear on the toe that might be contributing?

My next purchase would be the Pro Laces Armor

3 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

That would be a wear item. I have conceded buying extra elastics.They would not warranty those items.

The wear is why they now sell sleeves for the elastics.

Edited by bunnyman666

• 2 weeks later...

I bought multiple stuff from Jeff when it was just him selling on eBay.  They were decent for the price, although durability was always a problem.  But when he decided to scale up and hire multiple reps, that was when all the problems started.  The knee blocks took forever, always with some excuse.  Then everything started to be crappy (yes, their super elastic turned into bacon, just like any other).  And any complaint the reps said "user error."  So I gave up.  I bought Pro Laces and never looked back.  

I think he tweaks stuff, but it's not worth the money and durability is an issue.  Buy some shock cord and do it yourself.