Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Holy fucking shit. I am just now catching up on this feed. I am so sorry so many people have been having issues with them.

I peraonally am phasing out of Monster products, I have my reasons. I will probably keep using certain things just because of the "if it ain't broke, don't fuck with it" mentality.

Also, coincidentally, I am pretty good pals with a certain youtuber that has peaked my interest with Prolaces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2017 at 10:25 AM, Hills said:

There is no longer a Canadian site, you have to purchase everything from the US side of it now.

I carry some at our store Skaters Edge for the Hals Junior and Senior.  I only carry white, black, royal and red as that's the team colours here!  I also carry the sleeve as well for the cord.  I also carry his suspenders junior and senior.
I can order anything and bring it to the store to sell to guys in Canada!

I haven't brought everything in as I'm slowly trying to grow our online presence.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2018 at 10:17 AM, Dragon said:

I was considering ordering Medusa straps to show off mask art better. I’ve seen some quality concerns for other products, but no one has mentioned the Medusa. Should I skip it and go a different way? 

Dragon 

I've been using the madusa harness shortly after they launched it with only one problem the silver ring came undone which i don't care i just took it off and continue to use the harness!  Jeff offered a replacement one for me I declined as I don't really care!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LordOfTheCrease said:

Also, coincidentally, I am pretty good pals with a certain youtuber that has peaked my interest with Prolaces.

Does this guy happen to have braces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Does this guy happen to have braces?

Maybe... ???

2 hours ago, thebigm said:

I've been using the madusa harness shortly after they launched it with only one problem the silver ring came undone which i don't care i just took it off and continue to use the harness!  Jeff offered a replacement one for me I declined as I don't really care!

I got the Medussa prior to full launch as I was working for them then. I have had no issues with it other than having to finagle it as I use an OTNY and the harness was not made for use with the old backplate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A handful of negative reviews isn't enough for me to stray from wanting to buy from a company. But after catching up with this thread and seeing all this nonsense, I'm very jaded.

And...any company wanting to associate themselves with Mr. Vogel....doesn't get my support or money.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LordOfTheCrease said:

Maybe... ???

I got the Medussa prior to full launch as I was working for them then. I have had no issues with it other than having to finagle it as I use an OTNY and the harness was not made for use with the old backplate.

My one strap the ring separated I was taking it as a fluke as all the others are fine! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 7:47 PM, itis121 said:

Has anyone seen their recent Ig post. Oh God, Monster jocks! 

More info is up on IG and they sent an email regarding pre orders. 

Despite the issues everyone (including me) has had with the company, I’m tempted. I’ve been hoping to find a slimmer but protective jock. The part that’s most interesting to me is that the double cup and belly pad are included in a pre order and appear to be removeable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 7:26 PM, LordOfTheCrease said:

Holy fucking shit. I am just now catching up on this feed. I am so sorry so many people have been having issues with them.

I peraonally am phasing out of Monster products, I have my reasons. I will probably keep using certain things just because of the "if it ain't broke, don't fuck with it" mentality.

Also, coincidentally, I am pretty good pals with a certain youtuber that has peaked my interest with Prolaces.

See, when we exchanged messages on Instagram, I wasn’t making this up! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it completely assinine that they're continuing to launch new products without being able to meet current orders or reduce excessive wait times.  

Curious what kind of testing was done on the jock

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

More info is up on IG and they sent an email regarding pre orders. 

Despite the issues everyone (including me) has had with the company, I’m tempted. I’ve been hoping to find a slimmer but protective jock. The part that’s most interesting to me is that the double cup and belly pad are included in a pre order and appear to be removeable. 

Can't deny that they look intriguing.  I typically find goalies get caught up with the WANT to buy rather than the NEED to buy mostly on the fact that a product is the latest thing on the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we talking about the jock blocker, or are they doing actual jocks?

EDIT: Oh, I see now - an actual jock. I'd try it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it weird that I have absolutely no faith in them to protect peoples junk? Honestly, it looks cheap and that's not what I want to see when buying a protector for the boys.

Thanks for grabbing the pics gents.

Edited by Pauly35or00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I find it completely assinine that they're continuing to launch new products without being able to meet current orders or reduce excessive wait times.  

Curious what kind of testing was done on the jock

Every time I see them release a new product this is all I can think as well. They have a hard enough time shipping out shockcord and velcro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is so intriguing about this this thing? The belly pad looks like it would nuisance with your C&A for Tuckers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

Is it weird that I have absolutely no faith in them to protect peoples junk? Honestly, it looks cheap and that's not what I want to see when buying a protector for the boys.

Thanks for grabbing the pics gents.

Dunno, pretty sure a kevlar cup lined with maltese plus a second layer of maltese is going to be better than what I have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

What is so intriguing about this this thing? The belly pad looks like it would nuisance with your C&A for Tuckers?

It looks pretty good actually. I don't care about people who tuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Dunno, pretty sure a kevlar cup lined with maltese plus a second layer of maltese is going to be better than what I have now.

Well, if you get one let us know how it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am being sincere about this product... 

Unfortunately from the pics and product description, I am missing some of the info that could potentially get me excited or better appreciate it. 

there’s a lot of excitement it seems, could someone who will be purchasing let me know what they like about it that is inspiring their purchase? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am being sincere about this product... 

Unfortunately from the pics and product description, I am missing some of the info that could potentially get me excited or better appreciate it. 

there’s a lot of excitement it seems, could someone who will be purchasing let me know what they like about it that is inspiring their purchase? 

I like the Kevlar portion and Maltese in it. Looks like a Vaughn jock with nice materials (Kevlar and Maltese), but it is too expensive for me to take a look at it and my Warrior cup has been great so far and I'll just wait for V3 of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hills - thanks, that’s what I was looking for. Hearing you view it as a potentially better version of a Vaughn makes sense. 

I’m in a similar boat to you, what I have is working. I’ll be very curious to hear people’s opinions who buy one. Does it work well, delivered within the 4 weeks, and how’s the durability? 

The piece I am most curious about is the Kevlar cup? The fit and finish in the picture looks a little suspect. 

Is Monster making these 1 off in house or were they produced by someone with composites experience? (Or does Monster have that?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...