1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Hills - thanks, that’s what I was looking for. Hearing you view it as a potentially better version of a Vaughn makes sense. 

I’m in a similar boat to you, what I have is working. I’ll be very curious to hear people’s opinions who buy one. Does it work well, delivered within the 4 weeks, and how’s the durability? 

The piece I am most curious about is the Kevlar cup? The fit and finish in the picture looks a little suspect. 

Is Monster making these 1 off in house or were they produced by someone with composites experience? (Or does Monster have that?)

I am also interested because it uses Maltese and a Kevlar cup. I am currently using a very bulky Vaughn unit and this seems more streamlined while potentially being more protective. 

As @ULTIMA suggests, I am a sucker for new gear so I’ll prob take the plunge and preorder. 

I am interested too but am I going to get it when it's supposed arrive or 4 months down the road ? The kevlar cup is interesting for sure, it adds another $40 to the price listed. I thought it was already included in the listed price. May just source out the kevlar cup on its own and add it to what I have already. My other issue to, is how is the durability going to be ?  Is it going  to hold up or break down fairly quick like most of the other stuff ?

8 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

My other issue to, is how is the durability going to be ?  Is it going  to hold up or break down fairly quick like most of the other stuff ?

If they were smart they would provide testimonials or videos of how they’ve held up over a few months of testing.  And not just from their lackies or reps

Great stuff! That makes me think OTNY is producing it gives it some credibility. 

Maybe I’m lucky, knock on wood, but I haven’t had any cup issues. I fully understand buying a better mouse trap, if you can’t tell, but is it a consensus that people think their cups’ suck? 

12 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Great stuff! That makes me think OTNY is producing it gives it some credibility. 

Maybe I’m lucky, knock on wood, but I haven’t had any cup issues. I fully understand buying a better mouse trap, if you can’t tell, but is it a consensus that people think their cups’ suck? 

I started wearing a kevlar cup when I was playing defense. After two shots blocked in the jewels, there was no way that I was EVER risking it again.

40 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Shawn Schroeder makes them if I recall.

5 hours ago, cwarnar said:

If they were smart they would provide testimonials or videos of how they’ve held up over a few months of testing.  And not just from their lackies or reps

They would if they could find someone they didn't piss off with the wait times and delays, and all there other bull shit. He is too busy making sure all his buddies on GGSU are looked after 1st before the real paying customers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

I’ve never had cup issues.... I just hate how bulky jocks have become.  I still miss my old D&R

Agreed. I bought a Brown jock that’s still sitting in the closet because it’s way too big.

Ive been meaning to replace mine and this looks like a good candidate. 

25 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Agreed. I bought a Brown jock that’s still sitting in the closet because it’s way too big.

Ive been meaning to replace mine and this looks like a good candidate. 

Exact reason why I sold my brown.  The Vaughn XF I’m using now is a nice balance

AD1B17C4-D867-405A-B8E9-6408E78F52AB.jpeg.7fa531f8b9d35ed0184c177edc784295.jpeg

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Exact reason why I sold my brown.  The Vaughn XF I’m using now is a nice balance

AD1B17C4-D867-405A-B8E9-6408E78F52AB.jpeg.7fa531f8b9d35ed0184c177edc784295.jpeg

I’m in a reactor right now. 

Honestly the jock itself largely doesn’t matter assuming it’s comfortable. Having a Maltese lined Kevlar cup with an outer pad of Maltese over it sounds like a really good option to me.

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

I’m in a reactor right now. 

Honestly the jock itself largely doesn’t matter assuming it’s comfortable. Having a Maltese lined Kevlar cup with an outer pad of Maltese over it sounds like a really good option to me.

I would think that a majority of users will ditch the belly pad and second cup if they use the kevlar cup.

Take it from a long-time user of the Kevlar cup (as the one you’d be buying is just like mine)- you will love it if you take a bomb in that spot.

16 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I would think that a majority of users will ditch the belly pad and second cup if they use the kevlar cup.

Take it from a long-time user of the Kevlar cup (as the one you’d be buying is just like mine)- you will love it if you take a bomb in that spot.

I may dump the belly pad just because I'm fat so it'd all get pushed down by the gut, but the second cup (which isn't actually a cup from what I can tell, and is just a thick outer maltese wrap basically) I'd likely use. 

I was going to buy that kevlar cup anyway and just open up my reactor jock and put it in, but never did it. This thing looks like a better option. 

The Optik jock was the other one I was considering. I really liked the shape of it. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I just pre-ordered. Might as well give it a try if I was in the market for a new jock anyway. 

Me too. Went with (what I think is) a cool color combo and with the pre order you get the belly pad and double cup but I went for the Kevlar cup too.

I’m hoping to not need the double cup or belly pad to get the slimmest option possible while still being protective. 

1) I wouldn't buy any Monster product again.  Between the lack of quality control, durability, responsiveness and customer service, I wouldn't waste my money.

2) I've never found jocks to be problematic in terms of size.  I've had a Brown, and now am in a Bauer that's a few years old and never had a problem.

11 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Me too. Went with (what I think is) a cool color combo and with the pre order you get the belly pad and double cup but I went for the Kevlar cup too.

I’m hoping to not need the double cup or belly pad to get the slimmest option possible while still being protective. 

I was going to go with team colors but ended up just going all black, plus the kevlar cup.

After that video I get the feeling this was made as part of a dare...

Some guy in a bar: "Betcha can't make something as simple as a jock the most complicated piece of equipment a guy is wearing... and to top it off you have to use no less than 6ft of velcro."

Monster: "Challenge accepted."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

After that video I get the feeling this was made as part of a dare...

Some guy in a bar: "Betcha can't make something as simple as a jock the most complicated piece of equipment a guy is wearing... and to top it off you have to use no less than 6ft of velcro."

Monster: "Challenge accepted."

Looks less complicated than the warrior pro, for example.