1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

Looks less complicated than the warrior pro, for example. 

Yeah... you're probably right. Just not sure how many removable pieces a jock needs? I guess I fall into the camp of guys saying "Monster solved another  problem I don't have."

2 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Yeah... you're probably right. Just not sure how many removable pieces a jock needs? I guess I fall into the camp of guys saying "Monster solved another  problem I don't have."

Maybe. They solved a problem I have though... I need a new jock. I love the way this is built. Maltese lined carbon fiber cup, with a maltese "double cup" sounds like a win to me. Way better than using two plastic cups like some brands do. 

4 minutes ago, Znowleopard said:

ok maybe im just dumb but where does the kevlar cup go, like inside the jock or like in a separate holder

inside the jock in place of where a plastic cup normally goes

Copy/pasted from an email that was just sent out. I like this thing even more, now. 

IMG 8986

THE BEST GEAR IN THE WORLD WON'T PROTECT YOU IF YOUR STRAPPING KEEPS MOVING ON YOU. MOST JOCKS HAVE ONE LAYER OF ELASTIC THAT EVENTUALLY WEARS OUT AND TURNS TO BACON. AFTER TIME YOU'RE LEFT WITH A JOCK HANGING OFF YOUR WAIST WITH SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES A WET LASAGNA NOODLE. THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW, YOUR JOCK IS MOVING AROUND INSIDE YOUR PANTS AND YOU GET NAILED IN THE NUGGETS.

AT MONSTER, WE'RE KNOWN FOR TAKING STRAPS TO THE NEXT LEVEL. WE USE TWO OF OUR DOUBLE LAYER B2 STRAPS AND MOUNT THEM TO A PADDED AIR MESH BACK PLATE FOR THE ULTIMATE IN COMFORT AND FLEXIBILITY. RUGGED TRI-GLIDES ALLOW FOR A WIDE RANGE OF ADJUSTMENTS SO ONE SIZE FITS ALL. THE DOUBLE VELCRO ENDS FIT SECURELY INTO THE WAIST BAND OF THE JOCK, GIVING YOU A CONSISTENT AND COMFORTABLE FIT EACH TIME.

AROUND THE THIGHS, WE USE A ROBUST 1.5 INCH STRAP, RATHER THAN THE USUAL 1 INCH ELASTIC. MADE OF THE SAME QUALITY MATERIALS AS OUR 2 INCH BACON STRAPS, THE THIGH STRAPPING WILL KEEP YOUR JUNK TRUNK SECURE IN PLACE. USING AN ADJUSTABLE SYSTEM THAT VELCROS INTO YOUR WAIST BAND, THE THIGH STRAPS CAN BE POSITIONED TO GIVE YOU THE PERFECT FIT.

THE JUNK TRUNK OFFERS THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PROTECTION, CUSTOMIZATION, AND ADJUSTMENT YOU CAN FIND IN A JOCK.

ADJUSTABLE BACK PLATE

IMG 8989

EASY RELEASE, SECURE CONNECTION

IMG 8990

CUSTOMIZABLE THIGH STRAP

IMG 8993

THIGH STRAP MOVED BACK FOR A LOOSER FIT

IMG 8995

THIGH STRAP MOVED FORWARD FOR A TIGHTER FIT

16 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Copy/pasted from an email that was just sent out. I like this thing even more, now. 

IMG 8986

THE BEST GEAR IN THE WORLD WON'T PROTECT YOU IF YOUR STRAPPING KEEPS MOVING ON YOU. MOST JOCKS HAVE ONE LAYER OF ELASTIC THAT EVENTUALLY WEARS OUT AND TURNS TO BACON. AFTER TIME YOU'RE LEFT WITH A JOCK HANGING OFF YOUR WAIST WITH SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLES A WET LASAGNA NOODLE. THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW, YOUR JOCK IS MOVING AROUND INSIDE YOUR PANTS AND YOU GET NAILED IN THE NUGGETS.

AT MONSTER, WE'RE KNOWN FOR TAKING STRAPS TO THE NEXT LEVEL. WE USE TWO OF OUR DOUBLE LAYER B2 STRAPS AND MOUNT THEM TO A PADDED AIR MESH BACK PLATE FOR THE ULTIMATE IN COMFORT AND FLEXIBILITY. RUGGED TRI-GLIDES ALLOW FOR A WIDE RANGE OF ADJUSTMENTS SO ONE SIZE FITS ALL. THE DOUBLE VELCRO ENDS FIT SECURELY INTO THE WAIST BAND OF THE JOCK, GIVING YOU A CONSISTENT AND COMFORTABLE FIT EACH TIME.

AROUND THE THIGHS, WE USE A ROBUST 1.5 INCH STRAP, RATHER THAN THE USUAL 1 INCH ELASTIC. MADE OF THE SAME QUALITY MATERIALS AS OUR 2 INCH BACON STRAPS, THE THIGH STRAPPING WILL KEEP YOUR JUNK TRUNK SECURE IN PLACE. USING AN ADJUSTABLE SYSTEM THAT VELCROS INTO YOUR WAIST BAND, THE THIGH STRAPS CAN BE POSITIONED TO GIVE YOU THE PERFECT FIT.

THE JUNK TRUNK OFFERS THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PROTECTION, CUSTOMIZATION, AND ADJUSTMENT YOU CAN FIND IN A JOCK.

ADJUSTABLE BACK PLATE

IMG 8989

IMG 8990

CUSTOMIZABLE THIGH STRAP

IMG 8993

THIGH STRAP MOVED BACK FOR A LOOSER FIT

IMG 8995

THIGH STRAP MOVED FORWARD FOR A TIGHTER FIT

the whole concept looks amazing, i would just be worried about durability from what ive heard about their other stuff

24 minutes ago, Znowleopard said:

the whole concept looks amazing, i would just be worried about durability from what ive heard about their other stuff

I've never had any issues with durability. I've seen plenty of stories of missed deadlines and some shoddy production at times but never heard issues about durability. We'll see, though! 

Well...took the plunge. My Reebok cup has crappy elastic and doesn’t sit right. I also liked the Maltese idea. I want to start using my brown chesty in the rotash and it has a slightly short belly pad compared to my current ventus. This ought to boost the protection in the right spot if my calculations are correct. 

I havent had any issues with their bands in the past. I’ve heard about the delays and saw that one guys complaint video, but honestly not worried. I’ll be sure to review.

I went with a grey/silver/white weave motif with the Kevlar  

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I've never had any issues with durability. I've seen plenty of stories of missed deadlines and some shoddy production at times but never heard issues about durability. We'll see, though! 

Not trying to be argumentative, but sharing the facts of why people say that...

I’ve posted pics of my knee blocks here. All the Velcro wore out and the knee blocks started to slide around which started to cause my pants to fray 

Dennis at Factory Mad said it’s because the Brian’s Velcro was higher quality than the Monster and it wore the Monster our.

i believe @bunnyman666 had some bacon straps wear out? 

45 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Not trying to be argumentative, but sharing the facts of why people say that...

I’ve posted pics of my knee blocks here. All the Velcro wore out and the knee blocks started to slide around which started to cause my pants to fray 

Dennis at Factory Mad said it’s because the Brian’s Velcro was higher quality than the Monster and it wore the Monster our.

i believe @bunnyman666 had some bacon straps wear out? 

That is my worry too. The durability of there products have been crap. The ideas are there but the quality of the materials used has been junk.  I really like the whole idea and would love to get one but 3 or 6 months down the road, even year the stuff fails your out $100+. I honestly would like to see some else who does quality work and uses quality materials take this same idea and build it. I don't know if Factory mad does jocks but Dennis could build something like this and it would last a longtime.

11 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

That is my worry too. The durability of there products have been crap. The ideas are there but the quality of the materials used has been junk.  I really like the whole idea and would love to get one but 3 or 6 months down the road, even year the stuff fails your out $100+. I honestly would like to see some else who does quality work and uses quality materials take this same idea and build it. I don't know if Factory mad does jocks but Dennis could build something like this and it would last a longtime.

Well that's just it. If somebody could do better I'd be all ears. But this thing looks awesome, from a design perspective, especially for a fat guy whos current jock gets shoved down because of the gut :) Lots of adjustability options, and getting that second layer of protection without the ridiculous bulk of a second cup. 

Just like the RYNO straps. One of the best purchases I ever made. Now that I've started to wear through the shock cord after 2+ years of use (no surprise, it's worn right at the spot where my cowling touches the ice in the butterfly) I looked at alternatives to the same thing and had @Beccaraptor make me a replacement out of leather. 

I've had major issues with every piece I've bought from them, including the shock cord crap, their "bacon" straps, the "K" or "Professor" strap, and their knee blocks.  Their durability is crap.  Shoddily made with cheap materials.

1 hour ago, jeff da goalie said:

I've had major issues with every piece I've bought from them, including the shock cord crap, their "bacon" straps, the "K" or "Professor" strap, and their knee blocks.  Their durability is crap.  Shoddily made with cheap materials.

Bummer. I'm glad I haven't. 

Man, reading this thread is disheartening.

I got a free pair of beat up Bauer one.5 goalie pads, I want top mod them to be DEK / BALL hockey pads. I was looking at their straps etc. I had emailed them and they answered so quickly that I was really about to go ahead and purchase a ton of stuff, now not so much.

Are there other places? Im in Canada so they need to be able to ship here.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Bummer. I'm glad I haven't. 

Havok

What area are you in? There are many repair guys that can copy their stuff.

24 minutes ago, havok said:

Man, reading this thread is disheartening.

I got a free pair of beat up Bauer one.5 goalie pads, I want top mod them to be DEK / BALL hockey pads. I was looking at their straps etc. I had emailed them and they answered so quickly that I was really about to go ahead and purchase a ton of stuff, now not so much.

Are there other places? Im in Canada so they need to be able to ship here.

https://fixmygear.com/collections/goalie-accessories

I'll be honest, looking at this makes me think they are focusing on overengineering things that don't really present a problem.  A backplate?  My freaking pants go halfway up my spine .  A kevlar cup is simply unnecessary at most levels of play.  And I get hit in the nads at least once or twice a warmup.

Any basic goalie jock should be fine.  And if you're really worried, just double cup it.  I have a Nutty Buddy which is perfectly engineered that I'll sometimes wear, but even then it's overkill most of the time.  

1 hour ago, goalie said:

Havok

What area are you in? There are many repair guys that can copy their stuff.

I ask because Crows Sports in Oshawa has a repair guy who can make anything

1 hour ago, goalie said:

I ask because Crows Sports in Oshawa has a repair guy who can make anything

I'm in Laval, close to Montreal.

Ill check em out!

1 hour ago, havok said:

I'm in Laval, close to Montreal.

Ill check em out!

If you are in Laval, probably better to go with fixmygear. Crow's isn't set up with a web store.

First game in with the new version of the Pro Bridge Kit (formerly RYNO) and couldn't be happier. Having the velcro stitched to the plastic piece instead of just stuck on is a huge improvement, and of course having it covered in jenpro at all is nice since with my all-black setup the white plastic bit looked out of place :)

35 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

First game in with the new version of the Pro Bridge Kit (formerly RYNO) and couldn't be happier. Having the velcro stitched to the plastic piece instead of just stuck on is a huge improvement, and of course having it covered in jenpro at all is nice since with my all-black setup the white plastic bit looked out of place :)

Any at home pics of the new unit installed?

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Any at home pics of the new unit installed?

This is all I got for now. I was actually in a rush to get out the door so didn't get any more taken. Will take more next time I play.

IMG_1305.thumb.JPG.1c21bc365cb5ff5e468377c1d0ecc260.JPGIMG_1306.thumb.JPG.1ecc02876595aacde72938300bd6a4a2.JPG