Clipping Chest Protector to pants

Max27

Been wanting to try something to better fasten my chest protector to my pants, on my eflex shield pants there are clips that go thru the chest pad but one of the clips came undone, and i have no clue where it went (i didnt take it out myself, it broke)

curious to see if anyone has any tips on ways to better secure my chest pad to my pants, i wear pants that are a little too big and like to have my chest pad and pants fastened together so it doesnt feel in a way "floppy" bc i played last game without the clips and my pants felt kind of unsecured. thanks

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

Been wanting to try something to better fasten my chest protector to my pants, on my eflex shield pants there are clips that go thru the chest pad but one of the clips came undone, and i have no clue where it went (i didnt take it out myself, it broke)

curious to see if anyone has any tips on ways to better secure my chest pad to my pants, i wear pants that are a little too big and like to have my chest pad and pants fastened together so it doesnt feel in a way "floppy" bc i played last game without the clips and my pants felt kind of unsecured. thanks

I tie my pants to the nylon loop on my chestie. I also tuck and run suspenders under my floaters.

I used a Passau unit for a couple skates and am planning to add a nylon fight strap to it as well

IMG_20181217_193141.thumb.jpg.c4437f6acf890d7654cc9c43ca684a44.jpgIMG_20181217_193149.thumb.jpg.321ab5c0ec89ef25d12f1f85869375d3.jpg

I'll run that thru the loop on my CCM pants

43 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I tie my pants to the nylon loop on my chestie. I also tuck and run suspenders under my floaters.

I used a Passau unit for a couple skates and am planning to add a nylon fight strap to it as well

IMG_20181217_193141.thumb.jpg.c4437f6acf890d7654cc9c43ca684a44.jpgIMG_20181217_193149.thumb.jpg.321ab5c0ec89ef25d12f1f85869375d3.jpg

I'll run that thru the loop on my CCM pants

how did you attach this?

19 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I have a fighting strap on my Optik and I have a chin strap make shift fighting strap on my EF2

waiting to mod it until my review is done 

did Brians put the fighting strap on your Optik chest?

1 minute ago, cwarnar said:

It came on the Passau.  I'm planning to have a similar strap installed on my Warrior GT Pro

ahh

on my vaughn v7 there isnt anything to attach it to so ive been trying to improvise ways to hold them togehter 

For the back, I have fashioned an attachment that uses the suspenders attach points on the back of the pants, the strap on my CA is attached to a metal ricg that I just sewn into the CA material.  Reasoning for the metal ring is that my previous CA had velcro attachment behind the shoulders that I just slip through the ring and then re-velcroed.  This one didn't have this but I was feeling too lazy to modify the set-up so I just kept it as is and sewn it directly to the top of the CA's back plate!

Front is done very simply by running the pants skate lace through the front loop of the CA.  Never used suspenders because that takes care of the whole set-up (pants staying up & CA staying down).

IMG_20181019_235444865.jpg

IMG_20181019_235339310.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 12:46 PM, Math. said:

For the back, I have fashioned an attachment that uses the suspenders attach points on the back of the pants, the strap on my CA is attached to a metal ricg that I just sewn into the CA material.  Reasoning for the metal ring is that my previous CA had velcro attachment behind the shoulders that I just slip through the ring and then re-velcroed.  This one didn't have this but I was feeling too lazy to modify the set-up so I just kept it as is and sewn it directly to the top of the CA's back plate!

Front is done very simply by running the pants skate lace through the front loop of the CA.  Never used suspenders because that takes care of the whole set-up (pants staying up & CA staying down).

IMG_20181019_235444865.jpg

IMG_20181019_235339310.jpg

I was just thinking about this today and how i could use the buttons on the back to clip into my Passau fighting strap.  The loop on the back of my CCM is getting worn out very quickly and i'm going to need to figure out another option.  Have you had any issues with the plastic coming loose from the buttons?

Suspenders can rub on the neck if not properly secured. Also suspenders can get weird if you don’t tuck. 

Personally i use suspenders underneath and tie the front to my belt so that it sits on top of my pants. Might try the fight strap clip thing. 

8 hours ago, Big2 said:

Guys - what is the advantage/benefit of using this system vs suspenders ?? My son currently uses suspenders, I know it helps to keep the CA from moving up - what would this system provide ya??

Some modern chest pads sit low when the goalie is set for a shot, exposing a lot of the collar/clavicle. Having a tie down in the back pulls the unit over the shoulders more, bringing the neck piece up. 

Most pro guys are using suspenders with a fight strap from a jersey sewn to the backplate. 

The CCM pant clips are easy to replace - just need to find another clip of the same size and make sure it fits the female end. It's a system RBK came out with years ago called AB Fit clips.

The Chesty would have nylon loops at each end that you can run it through so you can tuck without suspenders. I've been using it for years.

Adding a carabiner in the back helps too so the chesty doesn't sag forward. 

1 hour ago, Big2 said:

Chenner/Ruckus thank you for your input will discuss with my son this weekend - his new CA has a strap in the back for this set up!

its kinda funny, i started this thread and I dont even use the system anymore- ive gone to much tighter pants and c&a and dont need to clip them together (went from XL pants to Smalls and Large C&A to Small) but im happy it helped your son and you!

11 hours ago, Max27 said:

its kinda funny, i started this thread and I dont even use the system anymore- ive gone to much tighter pants and c&a and dont need to clip them together (went from XL pants to Smalls and Large C&A to Small) but im happy it helped your son and you!

HELP - that's what its all about and why I greatly appreciate this forum!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 3:52 AM, Nohtaram said:

I saw a lot of similar pictures many times and always wonder what is benefit of clip CA to pants? It should be quite easy to saw such clips to gear but is that worth it.

Another thing. Do you tuck CA or wear it over you pants with that set up?

I have my pants and c/a clipped together in the back and wear suspenders over my c/a.  I do not tuck.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:18 AM, Big2 said:

Guys - what is the advantage/benefit of using this system vs suspenders ?? My son currently uses suspenders, I know it helps to keep the CA from moving up - what would this system provide ya??

Pulls the back of the c/a down which keeps the front up.

Archived