Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MTH

New Team, Old Gear

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Montréal Canadiens

Dave Elenbaas, Nova Scotia Voyageurs (AHL) mask (0 NHL games played, backup only)

elenbaas.png

Roland Melanson, Devils pads 

D-JcM0uW4AEjhDR?format=png&name=900x900

Ron Tugnutt, Mighty Ducks gear

5012-1211344Fr.jpg

Jocelyn Thibault, Avalanche gear

jocelyn-thibault-of-the-montreal-canadie

Frédéric Chabot, Kings gear

jan-1999-goallie-frederic-chabot-of-the-

Olivier Michaud, Shawinigan Cataractes(QHJML) gear

51ATfq016-L.jpg

Jeff Hackett, Chicago mask

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIw1A0ubOGq-UmaRFCkF1

Stéphane Fiset, Kings mask

96dea7ddf118f3096688836095a2900c.jpg

David Aebischer, Avalanche gear

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVHHSsGLtRbQ-F51VKkrD

Zach Fucale, Halifax Mooseheads mask/gear

qwC41AoJQaatmDATkbspqYTUEb2_oLyQ9XjiNfpp

nhl-preseason-buffalo-sabres-montreal-ca

Ben Scrivens, Oilers mask

1777166065c9bc8d8953ec3ccf2eaadb.jpg

Charlie Lindgren, St.Cloud State University(NCHC) mask

charlie-lindgren2.jpeg

Antti Niemi, Penguins pads

4201-46806-original.jpeg

Charlie Lindgren, St.John's Ice Caps (AHL) mask

image.jpg

Québec Nordiques

Bob Mason, Chicago catcher/stick

f5291b651654d330ab29f8c7c74ab668.jpg

John Tanner, London Knights (OHL) gear

s-l500.jpg

Greg Millen, Chicago gear/stick

Greg Millen (With images) | Quebec nordiques, National hockey ...

Jacques Cloutier, Chicago gear

16108aadd9d30db8f286091adb25c866.jpg

Ron Hextall, Flyers gear

5cfdf2572e248805ceae811bdb1a7b90.jpg

Jocelyn Thibault, Sherbrooke Faucons (QJMHL) gear/mask

s-goaltender-jocelyn-thibault-of-the-que

Garth Snow, Team USA mask

DfGYk3uUcAA_Wp-.jpg

Edited by [email protected]hotmail.com
Fucale was missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic post. Thank you.

T-Bo's yellow trimmed gear when called up with the Nords always looked really good to me. Maybe it's the lighting in that picture that really sets it off. I don't know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That jersey is Chris Osgood size.

jun-1998-chris-osgood-of-the-detroit-red

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ottawa Senators

Daniel Berthiaume, Graz EC (?) glove/catcher, Kings/Bruins mask

cb4f4b51d3e201ee8ec4449ecdc04cf3.jpg

Peter Sidorkiewicz, Whalers pads

img-1761403-f.jpg

Steve Weeks, Kings gear 

4908-380Fr.jpg

Craig Billington, Devils mask/gear

95fc9a0570adffd6450624632b24dd2d.jpg

Mark LaForest, taped mask

D9H-r7tUcAASWg0?format=jpg&name=small

Don Beaupre, Capitals taped mask

61Bp-6r8dwL._AC_.jpg

Damian Rhodes, Maple Leafs pads

5159-417Fr.jpg

Ron Tugnutt, Portland Pirates gear

cc980508766816e4f77cee179b1aa8a2.jpg

Tom Barrasso, Penguins pads

915741_orig.jpg

Martin Prusek, 

3ad49e29ab6f4db2b66fda86673bd4f3_front.j

Ray Emery, Soo Greyhounds mask

71K7x62ubFL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Mike Morrison, Oilers taped mask/gear

mike-morrison-of-the-ottawa-senators-dur

Brian Elliott, U. of Wisconsin mask

s-l400.jpg

Curtis McElhinney, Flames mask

curtis-mcelhinney-of-the-ottawa-senators

Craig Anderson, Colorado mask/gear

front.jpg

Ben Bishop, Blues mask/gear

bishopsens.jpg

Mike Condon, Penguins gear

ottawa-senators-goalie-mike-condon-1-com

Anders Nilsson, Canucks gear/mask

1076568342.jpg

Marcus Hogberg, Belleville Senators mask

GettyImages_1035794586.0.jpg

Joey Daccord, Arizona State University gear/mask1134943039.jpg.0.jpg

Edited by [email protected].com
dead pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing Senators work.

Amazing!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used to love when my NHL easports games would let me  trade for Brodeur or Grant Fuhr and theyd still be in there old lid. That was the ultimate new team same gear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto Maple Leafs

Jiri Crha, 

1724fa43fb2d70977616a0c68fbbd6a7.jpg

Vincent Tremblay,

8b696dac194e9f5ae97d636e9eba448a.jpg

Mark Laforest, Flyers pads/stick

1c816af8dbb5a70d4b7e09645d855abb.jpg

Rick Wamsley, Calgary blocker/stick

Rick-Wamsley.jpg?id=22fbf278-5673-4254-a

Don Beaupre, Senators gear

don-beaupre-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-s

Sébastien Centomo, Rouyn-Noranda Huskies gear/mask

s-l1600.jpg

Martin Gerber, Senators gear/mask

Martin+Gerber+Edmonton+Oilers+v+Toronto+

Jean-Sébastien Giguère, Ducks gear/mask

West_Coast_Authentic_NHL_JS_Giguere_Auto

James Reimer, Toronto Marlies mask

James+Reimer+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+v+Phila

Curtis McElhinney, Blue Jackets gear/taped mask 

cut.jpg

Jack Campbell, Kings gear/stick

campbell-1-1jpg_large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Winnipeg Jets

Daniel Bouchard, Nordiques gear

00ce0cea8e706fc401ab41c3519a9967.jpg

Tom Draper, Moncton Hawks gear (mask?)

s-l1600.jpg

Rick Tabaracci, 

51tySaClWWL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Mike O'Neill,

oneill.jpg

Jim Hrivnak, Capitals gear/mask

12c1d7a8f68540c3957379a687e065fb_front.j

Tim Cheveldae, Red Wings gear

117275b_med.jpeg

Nikolai Khabibulin, Russian Penguins IHL mask, Springfield Falcons blocker

d2e2b0e581d4c51349c0bf57e93fb634.jpg

Dominic Roussel, Flyers gear/mask

season-winnipeg-goaltender-dominic-rouss

Connor Hellebuyck, Manitoba Moose mask

ce7c72572697553ecd7cda4e14088e15.jpg

Zane Kalemba, Manchester Storm gear 

7630bf8bade9c4702c9ad5db0d9effb4.jpg

NEP3883797.jpg

Edited by [email protected]
Kalemba was missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 7:00 AM, [email protected] said:

Winnipeg J

Jim Hrivnak, Capitals gear/mask

12c1d7a8f68540c3957379a687e065fb_front.j

Hrivnak was a gear god. Even his Caps gear looked dynamite on the Jets. He always did gear colors perfect. Even his setup with the Blues was legendary. The use of red on the gloves was a great touch.

_vyr_7141410-Jim-Hrivnak.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MTH said:

Hrivnak was a gear god. Even his Caps gear looked dynamite on the Jets. He always did gear colors perfect. Even his setup with the Blues was legendary. The use of red on the gloves was a great touch.

_vyr_7141410-Jim-Hrivnak.jpg

I grew up in st louis and saw him in Fishers sporting goods in Florrisaint MO a few times. Fishers was the Blues sporting good store until the late 90s great guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ohio state gear with Cincinnati jerseys doesnt look too bad @Dumpy fixed it!

romeo_website.jpg

Edited by Smeds35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dumpy said:

Dude I cant open this.

Sorry my pc was acting up last night Ill try to get an ACTUAL picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Smeds35 said:

Sorry my pc was acting up last night Ill try to get an ACTUAL picture

No sweat my friend I cant find ones not posted so your already cool with what you posted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Calgary Flames 

Rick Wamsley, Blues white mask

s-l500.jpg

Jeff Reese, Maple Leafs glove/stick taped mask

goalie-jeff-reese-of-the-calgary-flames-

Trevor Kidd, Brandon Wheat Kings gear/mask

71wxKf4-6FL._AC_SL1110_.jpg

Trevor Kidd, Team Canada mask

71ZCBedgfFL._AC_SY606_.jpg

Andrei Trefilov, Moscow Dynamo (?) blocker/glove

4926-514Bk.jpg

Andrei Trefilov, Indianapolis Ice (?) mask/gear

getty_atrefilov.jpg

Jason Muzzatti, Indianapolis Ice glove/blocker

front.jpg

Rick Tabaracci, Capitals mask/stick

front.jpg

Rick Tabaracci, Lightning mask

front.jpg

Dwayne Roloson, 

jan-1998-goaltender-dwayne-roloson-of-th

Fred Brathwaite, Manitoba Moose mask/gear

jan-1999-goalie-fred-brathwaite-of-the-c

Ken Wregget, Penguins glove

Eag0LYIXQAgKpVX.png

Tyrone Garner, Oshawa Generals mask/gear

apr-1998-goaltender-tyrone-garner-of-the

Grant Fuhr, Blues mask/glove

61ffUWWtziL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Kay Whitmore, black mask with stickers

0606HOFWhitmore.jpg

Miikka Kiprusoff, San Jose blacked gear, white mask

EERitqpUwAA5HEz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Philippe Sauvé, black mask

ryan-kesler-of-the-vancouver-canucks-sho

Curtis McElhinney, Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights mask

s-l500.jpg

Vesa Toskala, Ducks blacked pads/stick

ff920c94-c3a1-43ad-ab2a-48f8e12faabd_ORI

Daniel Taylor, Abbotsford Heat mask 

daniel-taylor-of-the-calgary-flames-guar

Joey MacDonald, Detroit mask/gear

joey-macdonald-of-the-calgary-flames-str

Joni Ortio, HIFK Helsinki mask (preseason game)

joni-ortio-c76acb40-f490-4e15-b5bd-21ced

Niklas Backstrom, Wild blocker/stick

Niklas-Backstrom-Calgary-Flames-featured

Atlanta Flames

Jim Craig, 

11794057_1454632101505891_43705222702095

Edited by [email protected]
dead link/added one Kidd pic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Edmonton Oilers

Kari Takko, North Stars gear

kari-takko-of-the-edmonton-oilers-skates

Peter Ing, Maple Leafs gear/mask

Peter-Ing.jpg?id=f7080f71-b75d-4ffd-8d9d

peter-ing-of-the-edmonton-oilers-prepare

Ron Tugnutt, Nordiques gear/mask

s-l300.jpg

Joaquin Gage,

80966203c283834a9a727428d6aa1d50.jpg

front.jpg

Bob Essensa, Fort Wayne Komets (?) glove/blocker

ed43df0e98cbffb9cb31a2aedaf784de.jpg

Tommy Salo, Islanders gear/mask

s-l1600.jpg

oilers-tommy-salo-19990405.jpg

Mike Minard, Hamilton Bulldogs mask

front.jpg

Dominic Roussel, Mighty Ducks gear/mask

front.jpg

21cd0f622ecc157e38dee5df208fe29d.jpg

Jussi Markkanen, 

0e3d1e27fb46356a778fbdb98b169a0f.jpg

Ty Conklin, Hamilton Bulldogs mask

West_Coast_Authentic_NHL_Oilers_Ty_Conkl

conklin.jpg

71czM9Woq2L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Steve Valiquette, Islanders mask

season-player-steve-valiquette-of-the-ed

Steve Valiquette : Photo d'actualité

Dwayne Roloson, Wild gear

Dwayne-Roloson.jpg?id=0ed3d333-97b8-41fa

spt_22_hkn_roundup.IMG_05-22-2006_H57KB4

Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers, mask

618NB6Y1GKL._AC_.jpg

3fb488a76ff74f35b23f59a647fdcaa3_front.j

Martin Gerber, Toronto pads

martin-gerber-of-the-edmonton-oilers-war

Viktor Fasth, Ducks gear/mask

New+York+Islanders+v+Edmonton+Oilers+uhI

fasth.jpg

Ilya Bryzgalov, Flyers white mask

7921098.jpg

Ben Scrivens, Kings gear/mask

scriv2.jpg?quality=60&strip=all&w=768

ben-scrivens-01162014.jpg?quality=100&st

Tyler Bunz, Medicine Hat Tigers gear/mask

tyler-bunz.jpg

bunz.jpg

Al Montoya, Canadiens gear/mask

al-montoya-20118-getty-ftrjpeg_1e18gkrvl

cpt123503239.jpg;w=650

Anthony Stolarz, Flyers gear/mask

anthony-stolarz-of-the-edmonton-oilers-s

anthony-stolarz-of-the-edmonton-oilers-s

Nathan Deobald, 

Deobald.jpg

Eric Heffler,

Heffler.jpg

Torrie Jung, Edmonton Oil Kings mask/gear

torrie-jung-of-the-edmonton-oilers-warms

Kurtis Mucha, U. of Alberta Golden Bears mask/gear

UtLA2jdfTQUoAs6XjtY7askgLAGmJ3uxzS4Z7wKM

Aaron Sorochan, U. of Alberta Golden Bears gear

Sorochan.jpg

Edited by [email protected]
5 backups were missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Colorado Rockies

Phil Myre, Flyers gear/white mask

s-l500.jpg

Blog Archives - The Compleat Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Card ...

Hartford Whalers

Mike Liut, Blues helmet

s-l300.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDJF9MYF0UU6tZCJzbV8I

Richard Brodeur, Canucks gear

b488ec99ffcfd17ca505e498f40afa59.jpg

Daryl Reaugh,

daryl-reaugh-autographed-hockey-card-har

Frank Pietrangelo, Penguins blocker/glove

54c3aaac903dd50cc8546f7d93338309.jpg

8956bb4051e7a1d117b8783f5d349f89.jpg

Sean Burke, Team Canada pads

f013196b6ac970fd2e9d21572b5aec28.jpg

e5d7cbb1b1e2068cdf7bca578ddb3298.jpg

goalies-mike-richter-of-the-new-york-ran

Jeff Reese, Flames pads

48496-1591861Fr.jpg

4938-1204693Fr.jpg

Jean-Sébastien Giguère, Halifax Mooseheads gear/mask

2ca16195a238cf51cefb00d40bcdd561.jpg

cce79ceb4896e4fb822e2dab6363152d.jpg

Atlanta Thrashers

Scott Fankhouser,

003000170.jpg

758bfef822bb466883c370f0d51a59ff_back.jp

Rick Tabaracci, Capitals mask

5816a7dd051b50eeae772b22187f9d11.jpg

Scott Langkow, Springfield Falcons (?) mask

nov-1999-scott-langkow-of-the-atlanta-th

Milan Hnilicka, Hartford Wolf Pack gear/mask

__6820992.jpg

Frédéric Cassivi, Hershey Bears gear/mask

apr-2002-goaltender-frederic-cassivi-of-

apr-2002-goaltender-frederic-cassivi-of-

Kari Lehtonen, Chicago Wolves gear/mask

s-l1600.jpg

Mike Dunham, Rangers gear

goaltender-mike-dunham-of-the-atlanta-th

goaltender-mike-dunham-of-the-atlanta-th

Michael Garnett, Chicago Wolves gear/mask

goaltender-michael-garnett-of-the-atlant

Adam Berkhoel, Chicago Wolves pads/mask

goaltender-michael-garnett-of-the-atlant

goaltender-adam-berkhoel-of-the-atlanta-

Steve Shields, Bruins mask

goaltender-steve-shields-of-the-atlanta-

steve-shields-ice-hockey-aa181201-0b20-4

Ondrej Pavelec, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles gear/mask

$_3.JPG

Chicago Wolves gear/mask

article_16165_2.jpg

Dan Turple, Chicago Wolves mask/gear

Turple.jpg

dan-turple-of-the-atlanta-thrashers-warm

Edited by [email protected]
Turple was missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Colorado Rockies

Phil Myre, Flyers gear/white mask

s-l500.jpg

Blog Archives - The Compleat Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Card ...

Hartford Whalers

Mike Liut, Blues helmet

s-l300.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDJF9MYF0UU6tZCJzbV8I

Richard Brodeur, Canucks gear

b488ec99ffcfd17ca505e498f40afa59.jpg

Daryl Reaugh,

daryl-reaugh-autographed-hockey-card-har

Frank Pietrangelo, Penguins blocker/glove

54c3aaac903dd50cc8546f7d93338309.jpg

8956bb4051e7a1d117b8783f5d349f89.jpg

Sean Burke, Team Canada pads

f013196b6ac970fd2e9d21572b5aec28.jpg

e5d7cbb1b1e2068cdf7bca578ddb3298.jpg

goalies-mike-richter-of-the-new-york-ran

Jeff Reese, Flames pads

48496-1591861Fr.jpg

4938-1204693Fr.jpg

Jean-Sébastien Giguère, Halifax Mooseheads gear/mask

2ca16195a238cf51cefb00d40bcdd561.jpg

cce79ceb4896e4fb822e2dab6363152d.jpg

Atlanta Thrashers

Scott Fankhouser,

003000170.jpg

758bfef822bb466883c370f0d51a59ff_back.jp

Rick Tabaracci, Capitals mask

5816a7dd051b50eeae772b22187f9d11.jpg

Scott Langkow, Springfield Falcons (?) mask

nov-1999-scott-langkow-of-the-atlanta-th

Milan Hnilicka, Hartford Wolf Pack gear/mask

__6820992.jpg

Frédéric Cassivi, Hershey Bears gear/mask

apr-2002-goaltender-frederic-cassivi-of-

apr-2002-goaltender-frederic-cassivi-of-

Kari Lehtonen, Chicago Wolves gear/mask

s-l1600.jpg

Mike Dunham, Rangers gear

goaltender-mike-dunham-of-the-atlanta-th

goaltender-mike-dunham-of-the-atlanta-th

Michael Garnett, Chicago Wolves gear/mask

goaltender-michael-garnett-of-the-atlant

Adam Berkhoel, Chicago Wolves pads/mask

goaltender-michael-garnett-of-the-atlant

goaltender-adam-berkhoel-of-the-atlanta-

Steve Shields, Bruins mask

goaltender-steve-shields-of-the-atlanta-

steve-shields-ice-hockey-aa181201-0b20-4

Ondrej Pavelec, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles gear/mask

$_3.JPG

Chicago Wolves gear/mask

article_16165_2.jpg

Liut had that Lefebvre  combo in the last part of being on the Blues, so why was he wearing his Blues Jofa combo with the Whalers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dumpy said:

Liut had that Lefebvre  combo in the last part of being on the Blues, so why was he wearing his Blues Jofa combo with the Whalers? 

I can't find any evidence of him wearing the Lefebvre before the Whalers. All the pictures from his last season I can find are with a Jofa. It looks like when the Blues changed their sweaters for 84-85 he changed his old style mask too. 

 goalie-mike-liut-of-the-st-louis-blues-l

referee-greg-madill-watches-mike-liut-of

84-85

goalie-mike-liut-of-the-st-louis-blues-d

8dc703e30a243f9709c7c894a9dabf85.jpg 

2016

st-louis-blues-goalie-mike-liut-makes-a-

mike-liut-of-the-st-louis-blues-looks-on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I can't find any evidence of him wearing the Lefebvre before the Whalers. All the pictures from his last season I can find are with a Jofa. It looks like when the Blues changed their sweaters for 84-85 he changed his old style mask too. 

 goalie-mike-liut-of-the-st-louis-blues-l

referee-greg-madill-watches-mike-liut-of

84-85

goalie-mike-liut-of-the-st-louis-blues-d

8dc703e30a243f9709c7c894a9dabf85.jpg 

2016

st-louis-blues-goalie-mike-liut-makes-a-

mike-liut-of-the-st-louis-blues-looks-on

That Lefebvre combo was in use BRIEFLY in St. Louis. I was actually at a home game where he wore that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...