Thoughts on Brian’s glove blocker and pads (specifically Optiks)

Ollie

18 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Glove break is more fingers and thumb style

This is the opposite of what I felt. To me it was very much like the old Subzero break where your thumb remains stationary and you're basically just flapping your four fingers. 

When I wore the GnetikIV a couple weeks ago I found it to be much more index finger to thumb, like a baseball glove (and more like the Passau I've gotten used to). I couldn't wear the Optik glove. I definitely could wear the GnetikIV glove, though.

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

This is the opposite of what I felt. To me it was very much like the old Subzero break where your thumb remains stationary and you're basically just flapping your four fingers. 

When I wore the GnetikIV a couple weeks ago I found it to be much more index finger to thumb, like a baseball glove (and more like the Passau I've gotten used to). I couldn't wear the Optik glove. I definitely could wear the GnetikIV glove, though.

Brian's marches to the beat of their own drummer with glove breaks. IMO, the difference between an Optik and GNetik 4 is not like 580 to 600...

With that said, I can assure that SZ / Optik is more fingers thumb closure. The Darling spec was a pure baseball glove closure and that was based off SZ

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Brian's marches to the beat of their own drummer with glove breaks. IMO, the difference between an Optik and GNetik 4 is not like 580 to 600...

With that said, I can assure that SZ / Optik is more fingers thumb closure. The Darling spec was a pure baseball glove closure and that was based off SZ

I've never used a CCM glove so that's a comparison I can't make unfortunately.

Optik may be more fingers/thumb closure but it still felt a lot like the thumb remained stationary to me. Didn't care for it. The GNetik IV was way more baseball glove and pretty much the only glove I've liked the feel of since I started using Passau.

I've never experienced anything Darling spec. 

Archived