Warrior R/GT pads, gloves, c/a

tony20

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/5/2017 at 1:29 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Can you please fix the pictures in this post?

I can't. I will not paying 400$ per year to photobucket for hosting pictures and being able to share them here. Will host the pictures on my own server and share them again when I write my full review.

3 hours ago, chakal said:

I can't. I will not paying 400$ per year to photobucket for hosting pictures and being able to share them here. Will host the pictures on my own server and share them again when I write my full review.

You don't need photobucket for this website.  You can just take them straight from your computer without a 3rd party hosting website.

3 minutes ago, chakal said:

Funny because now, I see them.

I'm still not seeing them.  It could be my network though.  Sometimes the network at my job blocks random shit and I cannot figure out a pattern of why somethings work one day but not another day.  If it is on my end then I do apologize.

55 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm still not seeing them.  It could be my network though.  Sometimes the network at my job blocks random shit and I cannot figure out a pattern of why somethings work one day but not another day.  If it is on my end then I do apologize.

I wasn't seeing them this morning and now it shows. Anyway, no more photobucket for me, that's for sure.

26 minutes ago, chakal said:

I wasn't seeing them this morning and now it shows. Anyway, no more photobucket for me, that's for sure.

I don't see your images

However, just take a pic with your phone. Add it to your post just like attaching it to an email and you are done... WE ARE MOBILE FRIENDLY!!! 

Hi Goalies,

I would just like to add a couple of comments here about breaks.

It is correct the G3 can only be ordered with a single or no external break.  However, keep in mind the G3 has a double internal break.  Like Chakal mentioned, the G3s can achieve a strong S-Shape curvature with the profile lock and simple procedures such as resting them beneath a table overnight or resting them against a wall upside down after each use.

The R/GT leg pads can be ordered with a double external break.  The internal construction is a single break (below the knee).  The R/GT does not have the profile lock feature but using the same methods will be able to achieve more of an S-shape curvature.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:05 PM, Kirk3190 said:

Hi Goalies,

I would just like to add a couple of comments here about breaks.

It is correct the G3 can only be ordered with a single or no external break.  However, keep in mind the G3 has a double internal break.  Like Chakal mentioned, the G3s can achieve a strong S-Shape curvature with the profile lock and simple procedures such as resting them beneath a table overnight or resting them against a wall upside down after each use.

The R/GT leg pads can be ordered with a double external break.  The internal construction is a single break (below the knee).  The R/GT does not have the profile lock feature but using the same methods will be able to achieve more of an S-shape curvature.

Thanks for the info Kirk!  Great to see you active here.  I'm a former long time Smith user and am thinking of going back Warrior. 

Do you have an email or PM via this site to answer a few questions?

On 8/10/2017 at 6:57 PM, cwarnar said:

Thanks for the info Kirk!  Great to see you active here.  I'm a former long time Smith user and am thinking of going back Warrior. 

Do you have an email or PM via this site to answer a few questions?

Yes, you can PM me on here whenever you'd like.  I'm also active on Facebook Messenger for quick responses.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Datsyuk92 said:

What is the size comparison of the knee blocks? From what I read the GT's have a smaller one compared to the G3's, but is the difference that drastic?  

If I haven't been told they were smaller, I wouldn't have noticed it. In fact, I saw no differences. But that's me, I wear the top of the pads super loose. No knee wrap and the knee strap to the outside of calf. I don't use the neoprene/elastic piece neither, it was too tight to my liking. I only use the nylon strap. And the calf strap is attached to the minimum (as seen on the picture). The boot strap goes behind my heel (Lundqvist style) and I got 1.5" to 2" of slack to the toe tie.

20170613_140012_zpszitwxobg.thumb.JPG.7a

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, ggomez2 said:

Hello,

Any update on how well the C/A is holding up, protection wise/durability? Curious also about how the mesh in the forearm area is holding up. 

@tony20 I would love to hear an update on the CA as well.  I grabbed a used G2 Classic Senior after I sold my V6 2200.  Looking at either a GT pro or Optik for my next chest unit.

I love the feeling on the G2... just want more beef, as the G2 is only a Senior

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in a while.

@cwarnar

@ggomez2

Both the g2 pro and senior r/gt are still in perfect condition.  If you saw them hanging in a shop they would pass as new unless you were holding them in your hands.  Just a few marks on the nylon from harder shots.  All the protection is still great. 

The r/gt has had over a year of use at the adult and midget A level, and the pro g2 has had a couple years of high level adult and above, never had a stinger.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Archived