Warrior R/GT pads, gloves, c/a

tony20

So for guys that have the R/GT C/A (or G2 Classic), how do you find the bicep protection?

I've got a decent bruise on my left arm (catcher) from a slightly above average slapshot and I'm wondering if others have the same issue or not. I don't bruise easily and i never had this issue in my LT90. I'm wondering if it's possible that I have a defective unit, i'm wearing it incorrectly, etc.

I have a G2 Classic, used 1,5 seasons. I think it´s very mobile, light and protection is good enough. It´s not a bulletproof but I haven´t got any big stingers and there is zero reason to buy new c/a. Only week point is too wide seam between rib and belly parts. In G4 there is a red extra foam piece and G2 with plastic arms, there is extra foam under the seam. 

• 1 year later...

Old topic already, but very useable products still. I bought a new R/GT Pro C/A in june to play low level beerleague style with "no slapshots". 

Now I'm getting quite nasty stingers through elbow floaters. Or actually the floaters lay down low and I cannot adjust them to stay where they should be at. Yesterday I had my arm almost stunned for a while with a good snapshot. This issue is taking away the trust to equipment which I consider is one of the most important things when on ice.

Otherwise I'm happy with the C/A but for a Pro model I wasn't expecting this kind of trouble, atleast not this soon. I only play twice a week max so not that many hours of use so far.

Coopaloops post above sounds somewhat like the same problem.

Anyone else still using R/GT models?

I sent a message to Warrior also, but for Christmas I'm not expecting very quick response. 🎅

I can't speak to the original R\GT Pro model, but I am using an R\GT2 Pro and it is an absolute tank. I have only had a couple stingers, but they were all from shots at a weird angle that hit the back/side of my arm; otherwise, it plays large while being mobile and very protective.

Here's a photo of what I think the problem is. Those backhandside flaps prevent the floaters from rising upwards to the position they should be at. In that image the floater is very low on front side, topedge at the lower edge of bicep protect. 

I tried to find a solution on routi g the straps etc. but nothing came out yet. It's kind of fail in design at that point. G4 doesn't have those extra flaps in photos I looked at. R/GT2 has them too, but do they have the same limiting effect on floaters?

Except for this issue, the R/GT Pro is all I need for my C/A. 

I'll take a photo of the front of the floater next time I go to the storage.

IMG_20191223_133238.jpg

Have you tried moving the entire arm piece up? You should be able to unlace it at the shoulder and shift the entire arm unit up by ~1 inch. Alternatively, you could adjust the bicep/forearm floater to where you like it and then sew the attaching straps down to the main arm piece.

3 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Here's a photo of what I think the problem is. Those backhandside flaps prevent the floaters from rising upwards to the position they should be at. In that image the floater is very low on front side, topedge at the lower edge of bicep protect. 

I tried to find a solution on routi g the straps etc. but nothing came out yet. It's kind of fail in design at that point. G4 doesn't have those extra flaps in photos I looked at. R/GT2 has them too, but do they have the same limiting effect on floaters?

Except for this issue, the R/GT Pro is all I need for my C/A. 

I'll take a photo of the front of the floater next time I go to the storage.

Yea my issue was the very odd bicep shot and not on the elbow floaters. I haven't had any issues with the elbow floaters aside from the stitching coming loose.

21 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Two pictures of floater. First is after two lift ups to shoulder and free drop back down. Second is the position I think the floater should be at.

IMG_20191224_144950.jpg

IMG_20191224_142739.jpg

I can see that floater is looking to hang little low but I am sure it looks different when you wear the C/A. 

I have GT pro and one weak point is blocker hand bicep protection. Because that flap is too thin and under it there is just some fabric. It was easy to open and put in some mask foam. 

Actually it isn't but even worse. And what's more confusing is that the right hand is ok.

So here's what I'll be trying on sunday: both floater straps out from the elbow part, sort of standalone now and the upper strap tied to bicep strap. Elbow part is fixed with those white straps to try this setup. Didn't just have any 25mm rubber straps at hand.

Now it stays right where I think it should be at. If this works well, I'll copy the mod to right hand also.

Korppi: yes there is an opening at the top corner of the floater, I've been planning some kind of an upgrade there too.

This is difficult area to work with, to keep the mobility and still trying to achieve good protection. 

IMG_20191225_183354.jpg

Didn't do as good as I hoped. Still a bit down on the left hand. But for New Year, today is a new opportunity and I got some buckles and rubber strap. Tweaking and adjustments and I'll give it a second try.

I wen't to a local shop and discussed with sales person there. He was also confused about the issue but then we looked over to GT2 Pro arms and the floaters were hanging low there too? But I then realised that the floaters are ok all the time when elbows are in angled position. So maybe it's more about me having my hands too straight out when down to butterfly.

Picture of the only different thing I found between right and left hand floaters. Left side has this long seam, about 3cm up from the fold. Below it's only 10-15mm. It changes the movement quite a bit but I'm not able to say that has something to do with my issue.

IMG_20191230_193215.jpg

Edited by ArdeFIN
Typing

• 1 month later...

After some more adjusting and new straps added and some moved I got things in a somewhat good shape, but the moveability became limited. This could be just a bit too tight straps but didn't get into that when:

In the first image circled blue are spots where there is actually very little to none of protection when hand is straight. I knew this was, but it half a year before first snapshot found it.

So I finally made the move to fix it and at the time fixed the earlier issue also. 3mm PE plastics, top part with bended ends and lower part is just a plate. Upper plate has 20mm extra height over the factory floater which closes parts of the cap that was an issue earlier. Tied on place with 4mm rubber cords. Stays right spot on and doesn't limit movement.

This is partly a same solution Warrior made to R/GT2 C/A with a little more width on upper plate. I don't know if this mod goes to rulebook limits on sizing but I'm not playing official games where it might matter.

IMG_20200222_183018.jpg

IMG_20200222_173150.jpg

Edited by ArdeFIN
Typo

I must be a masochist or something cause, I find the biceps/forearms blocks to be substantial on my Pro GT. In fact it's even more than my TGC Spec P1, as was also more than my McKenney 870. Only other beefy one I ever had was my Heaton H5 (Pro Spec). My Brown was thin and good but John uses plastics, hence the no issue.

I have yet to use my GT c/a but can't wait so I may report back concerning performance.

• 1 year later...

Question about the GT1 blocker. Yesterday during a drop-in practice, I experienced something weird with my blocker.

Never has it done this but my hand and forearm got really really weak and tired. I thought I could attribute this to the stick weight but I doubt it. Maybe it's because of not seeing any action for a year, but I do exercise at home using my hands and arms regularly.

This has never happened in my 2 seasons with the blocker. I just couldn't get a good solid grip on my stick.

Anyone else experience this?

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

Question about the GT1 blocker. Yesterday during a drop-in practice, I experienced something weird with my blocker.

Never has it done this but my hand and forearm got really really weak and tired. I thought I could attribute this to the stick weight but I doubt it. Maybe it's because of not seeing any action for a year, but I do exercise at home using my hands and arms regularly.

This has never happened in my 2 seasons with the blocker. I just couldn't get a good solid grip on my stick.

Anyone else experience this?

I got an RGT Pro blocker during lockdown, was using it fairly regularly on the ODR and such before all the ice melted. Never experienced any hand/forearm weakness like you describe. My first thought was that you might have taken a shot off of the forearm, but that's the kind of thing I'm sure you'd remember.

Did you feel any other kind of muscles weakness at the time? Dizziness or faintness?

6 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I got an RGT Pro blocker during lockdown, was using it fairly regularly on the ODR and such before all the ice melted. Never experienced any hand/forearm weakness like you describe. My first thought was that you might have taken a shot off of the forearm, but that's the kind of thing I'm sure you'd remember.

Did you feel any other kind of muscles weakness at the time? Dizziness or faintness?

Lolll no other symptoms. And yes, I would of felt a forearm shot. Didn't even get a shot off the stick. It was an odd experience for sure.