I’m moving to Toledo, Ohio. Anyone from around there? What’s the adult hockey landscape like?

WillyGrips13

I’m moving to Toledo, Ohio. Anyone from around there? What’s the adult hockey landscape like? The significant other got a job there so whenever our house sells here in Connecticut I’ll be on my way out there. She’s already found a house to rent and has been working there for three weeks. She’s back visiting for the holidays. She has investigated two rinks but it seems there isn’t much adult hockey, mostly youth hockey. Also, she hasn’t found any women’s hockey and she’s afraid she may have to travel to the Detroit area to find it. You guys have any knowledge about the area and it’s hockey? Thanks.

moons ago there were mens leagues to be played at the tam-o-shanter (which is technically in sylvania, oh jjjust west of toledo). theres a couple sheets of ice there so id look into that. if not there theres a sunday night mens league at adrian college in adrian, mi where ive subbed on occasion. that ones a pretty mixed bag - anywhere from tripods to former college players (the school has a pretty solid team). depending on where you are in toledo - adrian might be as close as 30 minutes away. good luck!

I recently stopped in Toledo - went to the Wrangler plant. No tours or anything, so it wasn't as cool as it could have been.

I have good friends from Toledo. My wife and I always say we want to visit their old home town. They swear it's hell there and won't go near it.

So you got that to look forward to I guess.

Gas is cheap in Ohio.

Archived