Goalie skate 2 piece? My order even started yet?

BMW11190

I went to my local shop (Centre Ice) in Denver, Colorado. I spent over 1.5 hours just getting my feet scanned (Scanner wouldnt work as it was 'Warming up' forever on the iPad, The scanner could not get a good 360 degree of either foot due to my arch and my heel). This was already causing me anxiety of even purchasing a True goalie 2 piece skate. But then I went with the flow and finally was able to complete my order the same day on Nov 30th, 2018 for $899.99 (US dollars). I have contacted by shop who has tried to contact their customer service rep but also my shop and I have tried to contact customer service directly through the email address True gives out on their website but we have not received a response in over 2 weeks. When I spoke to my shop last Saturday, they told me that True was closed down for the Holiday's until Jan 2, 2019. Totally cool and understand that. However I have not received any email about the progress of my skates (my local shop said I should be emailed regarding my skates a few times during the process). I have not had the money taken out of my account still, so it seems to me like either my order did not go through or I may be getting free skates in the end. But the issue here in the customer service and the forums regarding True goalie skates and the issues that have been coming up as of late. On True's website and with the local shop placing the order with me through the App with the 3D images of my feet, I feel there are custom options that are not being shown that can be placed. This is a custom boot and should allow a buyer to get all the custom options that are out there. I see this guy on youtube (Trav4Oilers) who plays for a college and it on their back up sqaud (not making the NHL or even pro probably in his life) but yet he can get Bauer holders with 3mm blades when walking directly into True to get his new skates but yet I can't get that on mine? I see NHL goalies getting the VH/True 4 chrome logo on the side in different colors (Yellow for Murray on Pitt) yet I cant get that? If these are custom boots from beginning to end, why can't I get these same options? With the limitless of the custom regarding the exterior (holder, blade, color of logo) and with the issues so far with customer service and this becoming a pain - maybe I should cancel my order and just go get a retail pair of 2S off the shelf and save myself $150. No reason on going 'custom' if you truly cant go 'custom' with all the options out there because I am not a Youtube personality or a pro. I have money and can pay for any additional custom option as that's not a problem. But a custom skate should be as custom as it can get meaning whatever options pro's are getting and have readily available to them to pick, I should get those same options. When I placed my order on Nov 30th, the wait time was 2-3 weeks. That means my skates shouldve been shipped before Christmas eve. But I have no clue where in production they are or if they are even in production/if my order was actually received or not. I am just really irritated at this whole dilemma regarding skates and it shouldnt be this difficult to get a pair of skates let alone a 'custom' pair but yet I cant get all the same options as pros and a youtbe personality who has 41K followers but yet he is a Joe Smoe.

Well,

This sounds to me like your local retailer setting incorrect expectations.

When I ordered my Trues last October, I went in for a scan and paid the store.  The charge on my credit card indicated the store charged me, not True.  They showed up a couple weeks later.

True will not contact you to go over specs or provide up to date details unless they have follow up questions or notice some kind of irregularity in your scan. 

As for custom details, you can add boot accent color, extra sidewall protection, thicker tongue.  It is on your retailer to go over these with you.  If they didn’t, that’s their fault and not True’s.

You can have different holders mounted on your boots if you like, but you will have to provide them yourself. 

The fact that your retailer didn’t review custom options with you (or even charge you) sounds like something you may need to take up with them. 

True has a dealer website that is set up to give both the customers and the store updates on production, completion, and shipping. Most stores that sell true should have access to it. I would contact both true and the store about it. Also your card should have been charged as soon as the order was placed 

We are still closed for the holidays but wanted to jump in and let you know @BMW11190that I have seen this post and your direct message. I'm sorry for your experience. I cannot look up your exact order, but there are several things I'd want to point out:

1. I've never heard of any of our fit centers having issues with their scanners. If they are having consistent issues they should reach out to the rep that covers their store.  If there was an issue with the file we would have contacted them.
  2. Your store would be entity that would normally provide you with updates on your order.  Obviously we received quite a few orders at the end of the year and it sounds like yours didn't unfortunately get in before the cut off.
  3. Charging a credit card upon order submission is standard practice across all companies for all custom products.
  4. I would take Trav's comments regarding the holders with a grain of salt. We legally are not allowed to install non-TRUE holders on our skates.
  5. Regarding the colors, I understand your pain but understand that all companies will offer custom options to pros given the smaller quantity of materials required (and corresponding costs).

I'll be passing your message on to the higher ups within TRUE and looking into your order once we reopen.

If you'd like to reach out to me directly, please email Tim.McCarthy@TRUETemper.com

On 12/31/2018 at 4:51 PM, Tim_TRUEHockey said:

We are still closed for the holidays but wanted to jump in and let you know @BMW11190that I have seen this post and your direct message. I'm sorry for your experience. I cannot look up your exact order, but there are several things I'd want to point out:

1. I've never heard of any of our fit centers having issues with their scanners. If they are having consistent issues they should reach out to the rep that covers their store.  If there was an issue with the file we would have contacted them.
  2. Your store would be entity that would normally provide you with updates on your order.  Obviously we received quite a few orders at the end of the year and it sounds like yours didn't unfortunately get in before the cut off.
  3. Charging a credit card upon order submission is standard practice across all companies for all custom products.
  4. I would take Trav's comments regarding the holders with a grain of salt. We legally are not allowed to install non-TRUE holders on our skates.
  5. Regarding the colors, I understand your pain but understand that all companies will offer custom options to pros given the smaller quantity of materials required (and corresponding costs).

I'll be passing your message on to the higher ups within TRUE and looking into your order once we reopen.

If you'd like to reach out to me directly, please email Tim.McCarthy@TRUETemper.com

Tim regarding #4. Trav's comments are in a youtube video that shows him going into the True Hockey headquarters in Winnipeg and getting his new skates baked and put on for the first time with a rep right there from True in the place of business helping him out. He had an exact pair a month prior that had an issue and then had them completely replaced for free. I am pretty sure Trav did not put out $400 on Bauer holders when the old ones are shown side by side with the new pair both having Bauer Vertexx 3mm holders still on the skates.

9 minutes ago, BMW11190 said:

Tim regarding #4. Trav's comments are in a youtube video that shows him going into the True Hockey headquarters in Winnipeg and getting his new skates baked and put on for the first time with a rep right there from True in the place of business helping him out. He had an exact pair a month prior that had an issue and then had them completely replaced for free. I am pretty sure Trav did not put out $400 on Bauer holders when the old ones are shown side by side with the new pair both having Bauer Vertexx 3mm holders still on the skates.

Again, we are not able to offer or install 3rd party holders onto our skates for legal reasons.  Trav's video was not pre-reviewed by TRUE for accuracy of content. 

I've responded to your follow-up message btw.

47 minutes ago, BMW11190 said:

Pre-installed third party holders or cowlings aren’t available through True even for pros.

These skates are available in three options: pre-installed two piece; boot and holder separate; one piece composite.  That’s it. 

Goalies opting for another holder or cowling have their team equipment managers do the mounting and installation.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 6:51 PM, Tim_TRUEHockey said:

I can answer the warmup question as I am a retailer!  

It happens to us but either the sensor battery was dead or the ipad was dead so they were charging it.  It happens because dealers aren't pumping out 2-3 scans a day  we do a couple a month.  So at our store we like to book and appointment so we can have everything setup!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, BMW11190 said:

Don’t under estimate Trav when it comes to gear specs, his budget for gear, or how much production value he ads to his videos. He takes his production seriously and has his own camera man. 

If Trav felt that it would be a better segment showing him in fully assembled skates, he would figure out how to do it 

Trav is also very aggressive when it comes to buying and selling gear. It would not be surprising that he purchased some Vertexx holders somewhere and had them installed. If he thought it would make him a better goalie or betting looking in net, he’d do it. 

As example, I know he’s hoarding Vertexx cowlings right now. He likes a cowling better after using them both. 

Archived