Just went on a shopping spree

MadsM

Hi guys

Been lurking around on what the different stores had around the world as the market home in europe is far behind in the lines aswell as often much more expensive, and with the CAD being as low as it is compared to the DKK/EUR, then i decided to pull the trigger on an almost complete set from Canada, going to get this set: 

Description                                                         Size        Attr        Qty         Rcpt P$ Orig P$ Disc %

CHEST VAUGHN V7 XF THS PRO(beefed up)  L              BK/RD   1              611.99   679.99   10.00

JOCK GOAL VAUGHN V7 XR PRO                 SR           BK/RD   1              76.49     84.99     10.00

KNEE PAD VAUGHN XR PRO SR                   SR           RD          1              134.99   149.99   10.00

NECK GOAL VAUGHN XF SR                          SR           RD          1              53.99     59.99     10.00

PANT GOAL CCM PREMIER INT                   XL           BK           1              159.99   219.99   27.27

PANT GOAL VAUGHN V7 XF PRO SR          L              BK           1              359.99   399.99   10.00

The intermediate pants are for my GF - decided she needed a pair of actual goalie pants as she's been in the net for one season... with player pants, which left her with some bruises on the thighs. the vaughn C/A + pants are made in Canada :) 

The shipping is only 225 CAD to Denmark, which isn't a lot considering it's hard to get any further away than this shop. Also got some great service there, not sure if i am allowed to mention where i bought it or that would be advertising?

Now i'm just stoked and waiting for the shipping, it's going to be sent out on monday, and there's an est. 1 week delivery time, can't wait!

What is your opinion on the purchase? 

Have a great day everyone!

BR, 

Mads

6 hours ago, MadsM said:

Hi guys

Been lurking around on what the different stores had around the world as the market home in europe is far behind in the lines aswell as often much more expensive, and with the CAD being as low as it is compared to the DKK/EUR, then i decided to pull the trigger on an almost complete set from Canada, going to get this set: 

Description                                                         Size        Attr        Qty         Rcpt P$ Orig P$ Disc %

CHEST VAUGHN V7 XF THS PRO(beefed up)  L              BK/RD   1              611.99   679.99   10.00

JOCK GOAL VAUGHN V7 XR PRO                 SR           BK/RD   1              76.49     84.99     10.00

KNEE PAD VAUGHN XR PRO SR                   SR           RD          1              134.99   149.99   10.00

NECK GOAL VAUGHN XF SR                          SR           RD          1              53.99     59.99     10.00

PANT GOAL CCM PREMIER INT                   XL           BK           1              159.99   219.99   27.27

PANT GOAL VAUGHN V7 XF PRO SR          L              BK           1              359.99   399.99   10.00

The intermediate pants are for my GF - decided she needed a pair of actual goalie pants as she's been in the net for one season... with player pants, which left her with some bruises on the thighs. the vaughn C/A + pants are made in Canada :) 

The shipping is only 225 CAD to Denmark, which isn't a lot considering it's hard to get any further away than this shop. Also got some great service there, not sure if i am allowed to mention where i bought it or that would be advertising?

Now i'm just stoked and waiting for the shipping, it's going to be sent out on monday, and there's an est. 1 week delivery time, can't wait!

BR, 

Mads

Good luck with all that new gear!

On 29/04/2017 at 11:11 AM, MadsM said:

Hi guys

BR, 

Mads

Where did you get them from? That shipping isn't bad at all to Europe considering it would cost a normal person that much to ship it across Canada! Looks like you got some quality stuff there and you should enjoy it!

11 hours ago, Hills said:

Where did you get them from? That shipping isn't bad at all to Europe considering it would cost a normal person that much to ship it across Canada! Looks like you got some quality stuff there and you should enjoy it!

It was all bought from "the hockey shop" in Surrey, BC. So it was basicly impossible to get any further away. Yeah I'm deffinetly looking forward to testing it out sometime in the fall hopefully. 

It deffinetly is a BIG upgrade from what i used to have, used to use some old loaner gear. so now i just needs pads to have all the gear my self :) right now i'm loaning a pair of old custom Reebok premier that is atleast 10-years-old.  

13 hours ago, Flyers27 said:

I just purchased a complete set of gear from the Hockey Shop in Surrey. They were awesome to deal with and very helpful.

Yeah deffinetly, same great service for me even though the time difference is really rough, 9 hours behind. So it took longer because there was always one day delay due to that. 

On 3/5/2017 at 4:06 AM, bunnyman666 said:

@MadsM Can't wait to see pix!!!

NOTHING is BETTER than NEW GEAR DAY!!!

I will keep you updated!

Still waiting for the payment to reach them... Guess that's different in North America that they wont ship without having actually received the money even if i provided the evidence that the money has already been charged from my account and is on the way to them... Impatience! 

3 hours ago, MadsM said:

I will keep you updated!

Still waiting for the payment to reach them... Guess that's different in North America that they wont ship without having actually received the money even if i provided the evidence that the money has already been charged from my account and is on the way to them... Impatience! 

That's the pain with intenational transactions. 

36 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

This thread will be useless without unboxing pics... 

There will be unboxing pics! OP will deliver, delivery scheduled till tuesday *crossing fingers*

Soooo... The gear was held back in the Customs as of a mistake by the shipping company stating in the customs clearence that it was for a company, so because of that and that i couldn't react before they closed that day the package has been delayed........... and will be arriving on monday.

Will keep you all posted.

On 10/5/2017 at 3:14 AM, Mike24 said:

I think I need to go on a spree myself. 

What gear are you thinking to get?

14 hours ago, MadsM said:

Well I'm looking for another set vintage looking.  I'm currently wearing Koho 587( I don't spring for the pro stuff) vintage in black and a little white.  I'd like to get an all white or tan set.  

Looking at , Vaughn (almost scored a pair of lightly used vintage looking v5s  in white

warriors new line in white or tan 

Brian's 5.5 g netik 

or stick with the 587s in white 

Yeah,(with a green whalers sweater)  looks like the Koho window is closing.   So might need to add the second set to cover the color bases. Before it's over.  But I'd love to try warriors or Brian's.  (I've had Vaughns in the past.). So torn 

I understand your desire to try Brians - my friend has full set (Gnetik gloves + SZ pads), I had a chance to try gloves - very different from my bauers and vaughns, but i realy liked it. His pads were small for me...

Maybe we will not see the KOHO brand for on equipment a while?

14474342_1198849906854177_7985561955341434880_n.jpg

11 hours ago, MadsM said:

You are looking good there Mik! 

Only in my dreams, MadsM :-D. 

2 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

Jonas "the human billboard" Hiller

Yeah, he used to be very original with his equipment, but what he can do here in Europe? But it is nothing if you compare it to our czech extraliga - players are not billboards, they are skating commics books :-( 

51 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

Hopefully in 5 -10 years Koho is a brand name that comes back.  How Ccm is now. I like how goalie monkey made it their house brand but all good things end.  (Or so I was told) 

I would love Jofa, Canadien, Winnwell, and TPS to come back, as well; only if they were independent brands. Kennesky coming back gives me hope- even if their retro stuff is accurate replicas of old Vaughn and Eagle stuff.

Archived