Vaughn PVE 2

Max27

Hard to tell.  It sorta looks like a 1 piece 5500.  The VE8 glove looks more pancakey and less deep with a more slightly more obtuse break angle.

As intrigued as I am about that 1 piece VE8 glove, the word Vaughn spliced between the graphic just irks me.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 12:00 AM, southpawtendy48 said:

SLR 2 can look good with the right colorways, PVE2 on the other hand, man the graphic is underwhelming. I think I’ll stick with my current PVE, one of the stock graphics I love

I think you might need new pads

1892172813_Screenshot2019-05-09at12_10_34PM.thumb.png.3f5a9efc75afe1bf103240dbf455d85a.png

16 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I think YOU need new pads

Progress is slow but steady. If I keep playing as much as I have been lately then I'm sure the parents will give in and realize that pads that weigh over 5.5lbs are not widely accepted at high levels of play anymore.

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Maybe in beer league 🤓

If I get custom gear before then I'll consider myself lucky. I can still hope for sooner though

In case anyone was interested, I emailed goaliemonkey asking if Vaughn could put some VE8 knee rolls on the PVE 2019. Sadly the answer is no

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, seagoal said:

Maybe...I hope so.  I saw these on Vaughn's Instagram

Ah, gotcha. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I am enjoying the use of weave that has come across gear this year. Seems like many people are jumping on it (myself included)

So do i. Looks awesome. Also a big fan of Vaughn’s use of the promo material on the actual face graphics

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, seagoal said:

More of sets are seeing the light of day.  I am really digging this graphic, especially on the glove.

Although, I got to mess around with this glove in Surrey a few months back and it feels pretty awkward, for me.

lsu.PNG

njd.PNG

Isn't it the same glove as the XP with their thin T?

59 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

When's your next glove expected?

First week of September was the estimate upon ordering, hoping for it sooner.  I tried calling Vaughn Canada last week to inquire but they require the purchase order number which I don't have.  I'd have to call Cam for that.

13 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Isn't it the same glove as the XP with their thin T?

The version I tried at the Hockey Shop was different.  The PVE 2 glove felt more like the SLR2 with a sharper break angle, closer to 90 degrees.

The VE8 XP, which I ordered, is more of a baseball glove, fingers-to-thumb, 60 degree break.  To be fair, I was at the Hockey Shop in Surrey and I know they do their own versions of gear so my experience with the PVE 2 glove could be unique since it is limted to there.

The PVE cuff also seemed really thick, beefier than the cuff on the VE8.  Could be wrong on that though without measuring side by side.

• 1 month later...

Archived