Vaughn PVE 2

Max27

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Matt35 said:

Stoked that Vaughn is continuing the PVE line. The graphic is pretty decent and I think we will be seeing a lot of good looking sets of PVE2’s

Same they look pretty cool

3 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

So disappointed that it won’t have flat knee rolls. 

it might, the old PVE had knee rolls and this is a v8 pad, w/ SLR2 straps, and a PVE2 graphic. if you notice on the blocker in the page before it had the v8 logo on the sidewall, on the PVE1 blocker there wasnt a v7 logo even tho it was a v7 blocker w the PVE graphic

From a marketing perspective I've never got why Vaughn retains details like the V4 logo / side wall graphic on Quick's gear (I believe Allen has the V5 logo on his and Schneider used to have the V4 too). I have absolutely no issue at all with them putting new graphics on older models - especially as they tend to cater for pro's who are more old school and prefer legacy models - you'd just think it'd make more sense for them to remove anything that potentially identified gear as anything other than the latest model. 

My local pro team had a guy in net between 2011-2015 who was a Vaughn guy, I think his glove was a 5500 but every season it had Epic branding on the tee - even though by his last season that line had been dead for 5 years! 

7 minutes ago, raucebyalien said:

From a marketing perspective I've never got why Vaughn retains details like the V4 logo / side wall graphic on Quick's gear (I believe Allen has the V5 logo on his and Schneider used to have the V4 too). I have absolutely no issue at all with them putting new graphics on older models - especially as they tend to cater for pro's who are more old school and prefer legacy models - you'd just think it'd make more sense for them to remove anything that potentially identified gear as anything other than the latest model. 

My local pro team had a guy in net between 2011-2015 who was a Vaughn guy, I think his glove was a 5500 but every season it had Epic branding on the tee - even though by his last season that line had been dead for 5 years! 

Excellent question.  I've wondered the same thing.

I wonder if it's so that there is no confusion about certain specs being on one model and not the other.  So if Quick's pads are spec-wise/visibly V4s but they skin them as VE8s, VE8 customers might then wonder why their stock pads don't look like Quick's?  It's sort of a moot point because with any custom-based company they always have the ace up their sleeve of saying "that's custom which is different than stock retail."  But, it could still possibly cause some confusion.  

Just one possibility.  

They probably cut the pattern and made the side at an earlier time and wait on the the current design for the face of the pads that year for the top tier goalies.

you never know if QUICK stuff might get stolen or lost /damage the last min.  

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

Same they look pretty cool

it might, the old PVE had knee rolls and this is a v8 pad, w/ SLR2 straps, and a PVE2 graphic. if you notice on the blocker in the page before it had the v8 logo on the sidewall, on the PVE1 blocker there wasnt a v7 logo even tho it was a v7 blocker w the PVE graphic

I hope you’re right, she might just be using the PVE2 graphic on all her gear. 

and to be exact, the PVE1 blocker was essentially the V7 XR blocker but with binding. I liked it a lot. 

35 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Excellent question.  I've wondered the same thing.

I wonder if it's so that there is no confusion about certain specs being on one model and not the other.  So if Quick's pads are spec-wise/visibly V4s but they skin them as VE8s, VE8 customers might then wonder why their stock pads don't look like Quick's?  It's sort of a moot point because with any custom-based company they always have the ace up their sleeve of saying "that's custom which is different than stock retail."  But, it could still possibly cause some confusion.  

Just one possibility.  

Most professional Vaughn users are doing this. Honestly if I had the opportunity to match my pads graphics I’d just go with the iceberg or pulse on all of it 😬

11 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I hope you’re right, she might just be using the PVE2 graphic on all her gear. 

and to be exact, the PVE1 blocker was essentially the V7 XR blocker but with binding. I liked it a lot. 

yeah she might be

and oh my bad, i thought the whole line was XF. my point was it had the PVE graphic on the sidewall, not the v7 (at the retail one) and hers had the V8 logo

1 hour ago, raucebyalien said:

This is actually the thing I most respect about Vaughn, they don’t hide the fact that guys stick with what they’re comfortable in. 

Vaughn is also probably the most accommodating major brand at keeping old models alive. Maybe the old logos is their way of letting people know they’re available?

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

This is actually the thing I most respect about Vaughn, they don’t hide the fact that guys stick with what they’re comfortable in. 

Vaughn is also probably the most accommodating major brand at keeping old models alive. Maybe the old logos is their way of letting people know they’re available?

Part of me thinks that it's more so a cost benefit thing: they're reusing the old dyes which leave corresponding holes for logo placement (i.e. on Quick's blocker) and don't want to go to the trouble and cost of creating new dyes

1 hour ago, kedjlng3 said:

Part of me thinks that it's more so a cost benefit thing: they're reusing the old dyes which leave corresponding holes for logo placement (i.e. on Quick's blocker) and don't want to go to the trouble and cost of creating new dyes

I second @TheGoalNet on them doing it to let people know theyre available-  advertises their NA build and how you can order old pieces bc of them keeping all their stock local, whereas you cannot order a custom g2 trapper anymore, or a eflex 1 set of leg pads, etc. bc its in China or wherever else

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived