Suggestion Box

TheGoalNet

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/8/2019 at 5:26 PM, seagoal said:

@Pauly35or00  wouldn't that be the case if more members were discussing those issues?  Seems like that's a member action issue is not a website issue?  Those things exist on here, they just get dusty after a while and there aren't members who are stirring them up very frequently.

As a suggestion, what about t-shirts or stickers or mask vinyls or hoodies or other merch/schwag we could buy and be walking/skating promotional tools?

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Does anyone else want swag? Would people wear it?

Well, merch is what I do for a living, so I might be able to help with that.... :) 

On 1/8/2019 at 6:08 PM, Pauly35or00 said:

Maybe that's not what this community wants and that's cool too. Maybe we should just start a thread we can curate with training videos. I think that would be very helpful to more than just myself. Thanks for the discussion.

On 1/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, #16 said:

I second what pauly said. I love looking at all the gear posts, but it would be great to have a more active training vids/advice section.

Not to detract from this site whatsoever, but have you guys checked out Maria's goalie training group on Facebook? There's loads of useful posts there that I've found really helpful.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:35 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Could you actually buy any Max? Did you get that skating guard job?

ive been sick and couldnt ask im still looking

ive sold my skates and pants and im selling my c&a (got new one) and got some spare $ from that though

to answer you question i could buy it rn i have some cash from selling gear

Update- was there today and you have to be 18 to be a worker there :( 

On 1/8/2019 at 8:45 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Whoever asked for an App... I mentioned that to the mods the other day, but I’m not an IT guy. Like painfully not. But it’s something to look into. Cost is probably the biggest limiting factor.

Without a lot of help early on with BB stuff from @IPv6Freely and @SaveByRichter35 the background would still probably be blue or the quoting format would be a dumpster fire...

but in regards to mobile, I do 90% of my BB  time on the phone... it seems fair to me, what is missing? Unfortunately, a BB isn’t really a phone friendly concept? If there’s another more friendly forum of a another topic, can you send me a link to do some recon?

No need for an app. The mobile version of the site is great. We stopped using Tapatalk for forum access after we upgraded to IPS4 on MSH because the mobile site worked so well. 

I just added the Unread Posts page to my phone home screen.

50 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

No need for an app. The mobile version of the site is great. We stopped using Tapatalk for forum access after we upgraded to IPS4 on MSH because the mobile site worked so well. 

I just added the Unread Posts page to my phone home screen.

Only issue with the mobile version is the drop down advertisement. It would be less obnoxious if they were integrated into the forum posts and not a separate part of the page.

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Only issue with the mobile version is the drop down advertisement. It would be less obnoxious if they were integrated into the forum posts and not a separate part of the page.

I’m working on implementing a 3rd party ad system. Supposed to match the revenue with less ads. 

As stated before, I’m not IT guy. Might take a few weeks to implement it. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’m working on implementing a 3rd party ad system. Supposed to match the revenue with less ads. 

As stated before, I’m not IT guy. Might take a few weeks to implement it. 

For what it's worth this is one of the very few sites I've whitelisted. 

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I agree. I don't mind any of the other ads but the dropdown ad at the top is always in the way. 

Does anyone else thing there are just too many sub-forums to keep up with? It just seems messy and inefficient to me. If I don't check this page after a few days and can't go by latest, I have to click on a hundred different things to make sure I haven't missed and important leaks/news/sick gear. 

I just think the layout of this forum in the earlier days was MUCH better. At least for me.

6 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Does anyone else thing there are just too many sub-forums to keep up with? It just seems messy and inefficient to me. If I don't check this page after a few days and can't go by latest, I have to click on a hundred different things to make sure I haven't missed and important leaks/news/sick gear. 

I just think the layout of this forum in the earlier days was MUCH better. At least for me.

I think a lot of users don't even bother with searching through the sub forums.

I always search the latest first, and then once that's done I head to the unread tab and see what else I've missed. That should cover your bases for general browsing.

7 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

I like the organization of it when I am hunting for old topic, but I do full agree with you.

The entire manufactures corner was recently deleted to streamline it

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I think a lot of users don't even bother with searching through the sub forums.

I always search the latest first, and then once that's done I head to the unread tab and see what else I've missed. That should cover your bases for general browsing.

Me when I just discovered the "unread content" tab in the top right after about a year on this forum: 🤯🤯

For sure, and the unread content page is what I bookmark. You can even set it to exclude areas you don’t care about. Not super important here, but on the other site I’m on I exclude roller hockey threads because I don’t care about that. 

I do totally agree that the navigation can be a bit wonky as far as what forum a topic is in (I found it could often be in any of 2-3 different places), but dumping the manufacturers corner definitely helped in that regard. 

I would like to submit a new rule for the "Show off your Gear" thread. I would like the photo requirements to now include; "a household appliance must be included in the frame of the picture. Including but not limited to: Toasters, microwaves, dishwashers, televisions, clothes dryers, refrigerators, etc."

On 1/16/2019 at 5:27 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

SSL?

We've got a Store tab at the top and another post under this subforum suggests that some TGN swag might be coming soon for sale.

And whenever I log in, I get a warned from my browser (Firefox) that the connection is insecure, blah-blah-blah.

That's a default tab...

What is SSL?

Archived