What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

36 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Yeah, sticks do that to most vehicles. As for the getting in and out comfortably, with my 6'2 frame, I hate having to crouch down into a seat, trying to get my long legs under the wheel without jamming myself, so annoying.

As for the getting in and out comfortably, with my 6'2   5’7” frame, I hate having to crouch down into a seat, trying to get my long legs under the wheel without jamming myself,  carry a large print copy of “War and Peace” to sit on so I can see through the steering wheel and over the dash - so annoying. (Won’t even go into having to use pedal blocks I stole from a 3-year-old’s tricycle)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colander said:

As for the getting in and out comfortably, with my 6'2   5’7” frame, I hate having to crouch down into a seat, trying to get my long legs under the wheel without jamming myself,  carry a large print copy of “War and Peace” to sit on so I can see through the steering wheel and over the dash - so annoying. (Won’t even go into having to use pedal blocks I stole from a 3-year-old’s tricycle)

Not Funny GIFs | Tenor :D 

8 hours ago, RichMan said:

Yeah, sticks do that to most vehicles. As for the getting in and out comfortably, with my 6'2 frame, I hate having to crouch down into a seat, trying to get my long legs under the wheel without jamming myself, so annoying.

My wife has a Subaru. I'd rather ride my skateboard than worm in and out of that car. 

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Maxpower29 said:

I took mine in a 98 Viper last year just to see how much fun it would be and it wasn't. Still fit. 

I throw it in my 3500 work truck 4 door long box and drive. Very simple 

Previously I had a 99 Corvette, with it having a hatch, it was actually easier to get the gear in than my current, more family friendly car. 

Vipers are definitely cooler though. 

Edited by insertnamehere
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Previously I had a 99 Corvette, with it having a hatch, it was actually easier to get the gear in than my current, more family friendly car. 

Vipers are definitely cooler though. 

Really liked the 99 generation vettes. A lot better to daily drive than this pig. But this one is something else 

1 hour ago, Maxpower29 said:

Really liked the 99 generation vettes. A lot better to daily drive than this pig. But this one is something else 

Yeah, I'm a sucker for pop-up headlights which is why I love the C5 Corvette. If I get one again in the future, it's very likely that it would be another C5. 

• Like 1

Behold, my combustion carriage, the 2008 Toyota Avalon (pictured next to a friend's seven) 

The Avalon was free, so I'll be driving it until the wheels fall off and when that happens, I will put the wheels back on and continue driving it. Purchased with 110k miles in 2013 and currently has 198,800 something miles and has taken me to nearly every single game and practice. I can even fit my nearly 6 foot long alpine snowboard in the back, it's pretty neat.

AAFDparkinglot (2).jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bildeer said:

Behold, my combustion carriage, the 2008 Toyota Avalon (pictured next to a friend's seven) 

The Avalon was free, so I'll be driving it until the wheels fall off and when that happens, I will put the wheels back on and continue driving it. Purchased with 110k miles in 2013 and currently has 198,800 something miles and has taken me to nearly every single game and practice. I can even fit my nearly 6 foot long alpine snowboard in the back, it's pretty neat.

AAFDparkinglot (2).jpg

FD RX7, best looking car of the 90s. 

9 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

FD RX7, best looking car of the 90s. 

You're right about that! I remember the first time I saw one. I decided I would have to get one one of these days, there's nothing else like it! They're even more fun to work on because you can take 99% of the car apart with a 8, 10, 12,14, and 20mm socket.

320 WHP at just a hair over 2700lbs is crazy!

aafd1.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, MTH said:

Heck, my Jeep is the same thing. All metric.

I don't want to derail the thread but I've been thinking, is there any chance that we could get the Steve Passmore blocker review up on this website? It is of great historical and cultural significance!

2 hours ago, bildeer said:

I don't want to derail the thread but I've been thinking, is there any chance that we could get the Steve Passmore blocker review up on this website? It is of great historical and cultural significance!

I handed it off a few months ago. I'll see if I can get one. We do need an update.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, StevenC said:

Getting a Tesla Model 3 as a work car, do you fold down one of the back seats to fit your sticks in it?

I lay my sticks across the rear seats diagonally in my model 3.

Edited by slade037
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 10:43 PM, Mike24 said:

C86D8419-9789-4EFF-B8B4-FB41DD081C4F.thumb.jpeg.7147a0366629b938829b7f25d61d0278.jpeg

@insertnameherepop up lights are the best! 

Nice. Pop-up lights are cool. Until they stop popping up/down. I had an 80-something Firebird and the lights just stayed up permanently. Or if I had a date or wanted to look cool, I'd hand crank them up/down. I guess you could always buy a new relay, but that depends on how much money you have and what your priorities are ;)

Edited by estogoalie
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2021 at 9:30 PM, MTH said:

Heck, my Jeep is the same thing. All metric.

The US should have gone metric in the 70s-80s. It makes sense, everything divided by 10.

I mean 3/64", how the fk do you measure that? I'm looking at a ruler (inches) right now and it makes no sense. There's only 16 notches per inch. I have to imagine 4 more spaces in between those notches?

3 hours ago, StevenC said:

Getting a Tesla Model 3 as a work car, do you fold down one of the back seats to fit your sticks in it?

Fkin' lucky!  You're gonna love it, are you getting the old body style or the new '21?

I have 2 child's seats in the back so I don't want to mess with them.  Sticks load sideways in the back seat with my pads

• Like 1