What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

15 hours ago, estogoalie said:

Nice. Pop-up lights are cool. Until they stop popping up/down. I had an 80-something Firebird and the lights just stayed up permanently. Or if I had a date or wanted to look cool, I'd hand crank them up/down. I guess you could always buy a new relay, but that depends on how much money you have and what your priorities are ;)

For the Corvette, it was usually a plastic gear that wore out but you could get an aftermarket replacement in metal. 

15 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Fkin' lucky!  You're gonna love it, are you getting the old body style or the new '21?

I have 2 child's seats in the back so I don't want to mess with them.  Sticks load sideways in the back seat with my pads

Think its the 21 model, Performance upgrade.  Looking forward to it.

The sticks fitting were my only concern, so thanks to you and slade037 - confident i'll be fine!!

3 hours ago, StevenC said:

Think its the 21 model, Performance upgrade.  Looking forward to it.

The sticks fitting were my only concern, so thanks to you and slade037 - confident i'll be fine!!

Sick, the Performance is a lot of fun. I've got the long range

• Like 1

You're gonna love the M3P.  You'll want to stop at every red light if you get the first position.  Here's my performance and the trunk with my bag in it.  I pack my leg pads in my bag, so it is pretty full.  The trunk is deep enough that you can put it in long wise in (which i do now) as opposed to width wise as shown in the picture.  

87945035_10108988911246658_7799390988669026304_n.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, slade037 said:

You're gonna love the M3P.  You'll want to stop at every red light if you get the first position.  Here's my performance and the trunk with my bag in it.  I pack my leg pads in my bag, so it is pretty full.  The trunk is deep enough that you can put it in long wise in (which i do now) as opposed to width wise as shown in the picture.  

87945035_10108988911246658_7799390988669026304_n.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

I always get a chuckle from images like these. Reminds me of when I used to try and jam my gear into my old civic.

I don't think I'll give up the convenience of a truck bed.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 11:52 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

I don't think I'll give up the convenience of ____________.

Multiple choice for me... @slade037 knows what I'm talking about, @StevenC soon will

A) stopping to pump and pay for gas
B) touching the steering wheel on long freeway trips
C) taking my car in for maintenance
D) all of the above

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 3:27 AM, Chenner29 said:

Multiple choice for me... @slade037 knows what I'm talking about, @StevenC soon will

A) stopping to pump and pay for gas
B) touching the steering wheel on long freeway trips
C) taking my car in for maintenance
D) all of the above

Teslas are way cool. But slow down on the worship a little.

A) You literally have to plug it in and unplug it daily, sometimes more. Hardest part about getting gas every week or so in NJ is rolling my window down. I don't even need to get out of my car.

B) Cool.

C) A Tesla will never need maintenance? If you're talking about oil changes, I change mine once a year. Takes 15 minutes and costs $22. Everything else is the same. Brakes, tires, wheel bearings.

I think the first rule of Tesla ownership is telling everyone you have a Tesla. Nobody really cares.

Just sayin'

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MTH said:

Teslas are way cool. But slow down on the worship a little.

A) You literally have to plug it in and unplug it daily, sometimes more. Hardest part about getting gas every week or so in NJ is rolling my window down. I don't even need to get out of my car.

B) Cool.

C) A Tesla will never need maintenance? If you're talking about oil changes, I change mine once a year. Takes 15 minutes and costs $22. Everything else is the same. Brakes, tires, wheel bearings.

I think the first rule of Tesla ownership is telling everyone you have a Tesla. Nobody really cares.

Just sayin'

A) I drive 200+ miles a day for work. I’ve probably had to plug in during the day twice in the past year. Otherwise I plug in overnight and don’t worry about it

C) nope. Just tire rotations, and they dispatch a mobile service tech to my home when I request it 

I thought we were all sharing what we like about our cars in here, but ok! 

• Like 1

I've been pretty much working from home for the past year. I'm fortunate in that my drives are way down. 200 miles a day is a lot of time in the saddle. Be careful.

They really come out for service for everything? Is that included up to a certain mileage/months or do you have to pay for it per call? I know there aren't Tesla 'dealerships' in the traditional manner - so bringing it in for service isn't the same as the local Jeep place is.

Not that it's a bad thing.

Although my Jeeps come in for 'destructive maintenance' only. It's even better when I tell the service rep that. Most will get it, some will not. ha ha. 

I'm thinking about getting Car Shield. When car's hood won't close, an actual living Ghostbuster comes out to help. Him or Ice-T. Either way, totally worth it!

Earl Skakel on Twitter: "Ernie Hudson was in the greatest comedy of all  time Ghostbusters and now is doing Car Shield Commercials, can you imagine  what commercial a contestant from Roast Battle

Our Endorsers & Sponsorships - CarShield

Apparently a lot of people can't figure out how to close the hood on their vehicles. What a shame.

Edited by MTH

On 5/23/2021 at 12:43 AM, bildeer said:

Well, this rolled in today all the way from Chicago! There's no way I'm getting all of my equipment in this thing, but I bet I could fit my leg pads in the passenger seat.

Thanks for preserving these classics. Nice work.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 9:18 AM, Wonder35 said:

There's no way I'm getting all of my equipment in this thing, but I bet I could fit my leg pads in the passenger seat.

I know the feeling ......

EF9E9B07-F57F-4663-8524-E2C60FFD5FA8_1_201_a.jpeg

When I wanted to take my Miata to hockey all it took was 4 bolts to make it a single seater, plenty of room for a bag when you take out the passenger seat. 

12 hours ago, MTH said:

I've been pretty much working from home for the past year. I'm fortunate in that my drives are way down. 200 miles a day is a lot of time in the saddle. Be careful.

They really come out for service for everything? Is that included up to a certain mileage/months or do you have to pay for it per call? I know there aren't Tesla 'dealerships' in the traditional manner - so bringing it in for service isn't the same as the local Jeep place is.

When you schedule service through your phone, a majority of the items can be done through Mobile Service.  ie, tire rotations, interior air filter change, or like my recent one replacing a cracked rear light.  Obviously bigger items that require a lift or larger replacement parts would require a ride into the Service Center.  They will tell you after you made your service request if they can't send someone out and you have to come in.  You have Mobile Service available for as long as you own the car.  Kind of like if you were a doing regular maintenance for the life of your car at any other name brand vehicle service center.  You pay for the maintenance like any other car.  The mobile service is not any more expensive than going in.

Edited by slade037

16 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

When I wanted to take my Miata to hockey all it took was 4 bolts to make it a single seater, plenty of room for a bag when you take out the passenger seat. 

In reality, my Miata is usually in our garage hibernating throughout the hockey season. I don't play summer hockey.

Truth time, we took a series of photos in order to win some gear from John Brown Sports. The contest was titled "What do goalies do in their off season?"  I won some BROWN custom goalie pants. Here are my other entries from 2014.

CB069067-787E-46FB-8189-FB4283C98922_1_201_a.jpeg

CCA3801A-1B6F-48C7-80DC-72FC071E5F84.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 10:18 PM, MTH said:

Although my Jeeps come in for 'destructive maintenance' only. It's even better when I tell the service rep that. Most will get it, some will not. ha ha. 

I'm thinking about getting Car Shield. When car's hood won't close, an actual living Ghostbuster comes out to help. Him or Ice-T. Either way, totally worth it!

Earl Skakel on Twitter: "Ernie Hudson was in the greatest comedy of all  time Ghostbusters and now is doing Car Shield Commercials, can you imagine  what commercial a contestant from Roast Battle

Our Endorsers & Sponsorships - CarShield

Apparently a lot of people can't figure out how to close the hood on their vehicles. What a shame.

Ric Flair answers the phone in my locale. He also beats the crap out of his co workers all whilst wearing a blue feather and sequin robe.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:48 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Ric Flair answers the phone in my locale. He also beats the crap out of his co workers all whilst wearing a blue feather and sequin robe.

I literally have no idea what this post means. At the same time, Ric Flair and beating up co-workers in the same post is something to cherish.

5 hours ago, MTH said:

I literally have no idea what this post means. At the same time, Ric Flair and beating up co-workers in the same post is something to cherish.

On the Car Max commercials here, Ric Flair is depicted answering the phone and giving quotes, of course with a “WOOOOOOOOO!!!!” at the end. He also beats up his fellow Car Max co-horts in said commercial. Car Max is a violent work place in the St.Louis, MO market place. 

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2021 at 5:38 AM, bunnyman666 said:

On the Car Max commercials here, Ric Flair is depicted answering the phone and giving quotes, of course with a “WOOOOOOOOO!!!!” at the end. He also beats up his fellow Car Max co-horts in said commercial. Car Max is a violent work place in the St.Louis, MO market place. 

Love it. Stylin' Profilin' Limousine Ridin'