What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

11 hours ago, MTH said:

My wife's 16 Subaru has worn out it's welcome. Nice having a paid off car to drive. But the continuous needs are getting old. Yesterday it decided to light up every warning lamp while driving. My wife loves that. So - time to go.

Checking the cash offer sites, gets her about $9k for it.

She wants to trade it in. I presume the best way to do this is to take a few cash offers in with you to give you a floor. Then let the dealership games begin!

When I come in with my laptop and have a payment calculator already up and running - the sales guys still try to ask me 'what do you want to pay per month' like it's some magic science.

We did interest calculators in 7th grade math bro. 

The buyout on my wife's lease is $25k.  We were offered $33k for it.  The problem is we waited too long to do this.  There isn't much out there to buy in mid range trims.  Everything is base or maxed out.  And dealers are selling at 5-7k over sticker so the money we were offered for her vehicle is now moot.  We have a fully loaded vehicle right now and the market is pushing us to a bare bones base model and paying more for it.  It fucking sucks.  We're probably just going to buy out the lease and keep it.

33 minutes ago, 2padstack said:

This is so true.

My car was a 2014 Honda Accord Sport 6 speed sedan I had since new, tons of room, was able to get both daughters goalie bags in the trunk, pads and sticks in the back seat, and lots of room for the 3 of us.

Then 2 weeks ago coming back from older kids hockey we got rear ended at a pretty decent speed, car written off. Getting about $16k CDN, which is ok. Kids both have some whiplash injuries, which is not ok, but it could have been much worse if it had been a bigger vehicle that hit us instead of a RAV4.

But trying to replace it? Civics are now almost $40k CDN for the new manual one I can find in the area, and I can find one used Accord but it's $35k CDN. Mine was paid off, but guess I have to go back to a car payment. If I didn't want a manual again it would be a bit easier, but not any cheaper.

Our plan had ben to get rid of our F150 with the 6.2L since we don't tow anymore, but it's now sticking around for a bit, really don't want 2 payments.

Glad to hear the girls are ok.  

I've been hounding used car sites for the past few - well, since I was a kid with Auto Trader magazines - 

I noticed that there are more used trucks in the 10k-20k range than there have been since covid. Maybe people are fed up with $5 gas finally?

Here's my new ride, 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness.  We finally decided to trade-in the older of our two Crosstreks. We have a 2015 orange one and a 2017 gray one, so the orange one goes bye-bye and we get this sexy new beast on June 3.  Very, very excited.

9.5 inches of ground clearance, turbo charged engine, more than enough room for our 2 huskies, tons of camping gear, half a hockey team, and other specs as well!

image.png.95e2f35700e46d4ecc389a5dc8163aaa.png

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Here's my new ride, 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness.  We finally decided to trade-in the older of our two Crosstreks. We have a 2015 orange one and a 2017 gray one, so the orange one goes bye-bye and we get this sexy new beast on June 3.  Very, very excited.

9.5 inches of ground clearance, turbo charged engine, more than enough room for our 2 huskies, tons of camping gear, half a hockey team, and other specs as well!

image.png.95e2f35700e46d4ecc389a5dc8163aaa.png

So when are you making your way up here? 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So when are you making your way up here? 

Hey I love me some Canada so who knows, one day this year?  I'll let you know.  We have to be proactive about camping owning this car, obviously.  Plus, that lil hockey store near you is pretty neat :)

1 hour ago, johncho said:

That ground clearance is going to be amazing in the snow, and I love the wagon form.

Yes, for sure.  We regularly go to a cabin in the mountains up a windy, gravel road and we have so much fun in our Crosstreks but this will be even better.  There is zero chance we get stuck in snow or mud now.

31 minutes ago, MTH said:

Nice looking car.

Reminds me of the OG.... AMC Eagle.

The AMC Eagle - The Original American 4x4 Crossover

Haha, damn.  Look at that side panel!  So classic, love it.

13 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Hey I love me some Canada so who knows, one day this year?  I'll let you know.  We have to be proactive about camping owning this car, obviously.  Plus, that lil hockey store near you is pretty neat :)

I can't wait to have a pissing match to see who knows the most about goalie gear. ;) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I can't wait to have a pissing match to see who knows the most about goalie gear. ;) 

"Coop, teach me about all the velcro on Warrior gear while I drool over Vaughn gear and get seduced by Bauer gear." 

Just to give my 5 cents. Seat Altea Freetrack, 4WD and 2.0TDI with 170PS/400Nm.

Barely fits my gear in as the trunk isn't really huge. Comfortable car and not too expensive.

4WD gets you stuck in places where you would never go with 2WD 😂 But in the winter time it's priceless.

Picture is not of my exact car but perfectly similar.

Seat_Freetrack.jpg

• Like 1

Mine used to be an F82 M4, but fiancé told me I need to get a dadmobile so I sold it for a '19 Audi SQ5.  Then two months later, I lost the Audi in a flood and replaced it with a '19 X3 M40i.  I miss the M4 😪

YAFjXki.jpg

WxzR1qu.jpg

4nlwGo6.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jerd31 said:

Mine used to be an F82 M4, but fiancé told me I need to get a dadmobile so I sold it for a '19 Audi SQ5.  Then two months later, I lost the Audi in a flood and replaced it with a '19 X3 M40i.  I miss the M4 😪

YAFjXki.jpg

WxzR1qu.jpg

4nlwGo6.jpg

What was the color of the M4 called? My wife is looking at getting an x3 also. I think she said she'd be cool with an x1, but I don't think much will fit inside that car.

6 minutes ago, MTH said:

What was the color of the M4 called? My wife is looking at getting an x3 also. I think she said she'd be cool with an x1, but I don't think much will fit inside that car.

M4 was Austin Yellow.  I haven't sat in a new gen X1, but I had an E84 X1 and that was more of a wagon than it was a compact SUV.  

• 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, MTH said:

The mistake would be not buying it.

Take it to car shows. People are craving seeing these again.

It runs but needs fuel pump and who knows what else. Plus only 73hp isn't exactly ideal for Texas highways. It should get better mpg than my 2003 outback though. Body and seats are pretty rough but doesn't appear too bad otherwise

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/329546619514066/?mibextid=dXMIcH

24 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It runs but needs fuel pump and who knows what else. Plus only 73hp isn't exactly ideal for Texas highways. It should get better mpg than my 2003 outback though. Body and seats are pretty rough but doesn't appear too bad otherwise

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/329546619514066/?mibextid=dXMIcH

New thread:
CHECK OUT THE MODZ ON MY '84 SUBIE

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

New thread:
CHECK OUT THE M̶O̶D̶Z̶ MANY MANY ISSUES ON MY '84 SUBIE

Fixed it for ya lol

It's a neat car but I simply don't have room or time to make it worth having. I'd need to hold on to my outback simply because it's wonderful on road trips and can seat more than the brat. Plus that brat is missing the most important reason to buy a brat

CC-430-003.thumb.jpg.ed5de3dd6e9fcbd9a6a7ad41df91f386.jpg

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1