What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You can go hang with the station wagoners.

Promise?

5 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

If you're a goalie driving to the rink in a convertible, like the guy in the Triumph, you deserve your own website; no, you deserve your own internet. Friggen' legends and something I aspire to be!

The guy in the Triumph is in a league of his own. My Olds is nothing fancy.

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 1

His name is Big Bear. 1986 Toyota Pickup. This was the era when Toyota didn't apply a model name to their pickup line. Simply 'Pickup' - not Hilux, not Tacoma.

Currently has 188k miles. 2WD, 4 speed, carbureted, no power steering, no air conditioning, no real maintenance required. The only safety feature is that it's red in a sea of grey and black vehicles. Throw gear in the back and motorvate.

Big Bear.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dualshowman said:

His name is Big Bear. 1986 Toyota Pickup. This was the era when Toyota didn't apply a model name to their pickup line. Simply 'Pickup' - not Hilux, not Tacoma.

Currently has 188k miles. 2WD, 4 speed, carbureted, no power steering, no air conditioning, no real maintenance required. The only safety feature is that it's red in a sea of grey and black vehicles. Throw gear in the back and motorvate.

Big Bear.jpg

Nice pickup! I used to have a 95, it's now my dads. I currently have a 95 4Runner both 5 speeds with the 3.slow

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichMan said:

Has this been posted before?

No, never saw that. But why did he pick all chick cars? And he's still got the tag on his bag? Something tells me this guy has never seen the inside of a locker-room before...

...as we have seen on this forum, real goalies drive either huge SUV's or small convertibles ;) 

16 hours ago, 1C5 said:

True about the road salt but there's something special about playing hockey in the -20s and snow that feels like a white Christmas. Just wouldn't be the same. I play summer hockey and it never feels the same even though they are both indoors and both at the same rink. 

Eh...disagree. For example, today, I have my own weekly game, and my son has a tournament - all while it's about -30 Celsius with the windchill. there's nothing special, or magical, or romantic about that; it's just a shit ton of suck. ...but for hockey, totally worth it!

I used to scoff at people using seat warmers/heated seats. Both my cars have those now - and I even use them myself after sitting and watching my son's games.

32 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I used to scoff at people using seat warmers/heated seats. Both my cars have those now - and I even use them myself after sitting and watching my son's games.

Man, I use the heated seats in the SUMMER after leaving the rink.  They do a great job of loosening up a tight back.  I make fun of fancy people with vibrating seats in their cars but I'll be honest, the minute I don't have to buy a Bimmer, Merc or some other snob-mobile to have them I'll be ticking that options box on every car I buy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm thoroughly surprised that I'm the only truck owner so far.

21 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I'm thoroughly surprised that so many people have pictures of their vehicles, ready for quick posting!

i too am  a truck owner but don't have a pic on my phone for quick posting rotfsmlmao!!!!

On 1/10/2019 at 12:01 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Well I was going to say that my car isn't like any of these but it turns out @stackem30's is pretty similar. Mine's better though:

2008 Dodge Magnum R/T (charger wagon)

Image result for dodge magnum

That car is my dad's car because I can't drive yet.

Here's my actual first car once I can drive:

1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale

Image result for 1972 oldsmobile delta 88 royale

*this isn't a picture of my car, just the same model. Mine has no paint on it and needs a reupholstered interior*

I would also like you to picture this: Your in high school. In school full of Camrys and Altimas there's you, with your 7.0L V8 Convertible (boat), driving to school every day. In a couple of years, that will be me.

I'm from Texas and we don't have a truck. Controversy at it's finest.

My goalie car used to be a 2005 Magnum RT until she met an early death (sandwiched between 2 really big SUVs)...RIP.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Man, I use the heated seats in the SUMMER after leaving the rink.  They do a great job of loosening up a tight back.  I make fun of fancy people with vibrating seats in their cars but I'll be honest, the minute I don't have to buy a Bimmer, Merc or some other snob-mobile to have them I'll be ticking that options box on every car I buy.

Our Volvo has massaging seats, and I don't mean just vibrating. Actual massage functions. Also heat AND cooling functions. Amazing.We don't have any BMWs or Mercedes anymore, we got rid of both of them already. Kind of miss my 135i but the Tesla makes me not miss it so much. 

Edited by IPv6Freely