What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

2019 WRX STI.  Coming from 2 mitusishi eclipses, there is tons of room for activities.  I still leave a seat folded down all the time to run the sticks through the trunk to the back seats.  And the trunk opening is a little too small for me to feel comfortable shoving my bag in there for every game, so I put the pads in the trunk and bag in the back seat.  I can confirm you can comfortably get 2 sets of pads and sticks easily in the trunk.  It seems that everyone already knows, but yes super fun car, atrocious on gas mileage and obviously a hatch would be better, but I can't complain.  If I was a smarter man I would've gotten a WRX, but I'm dumb and I wanted it.

Protip: white based pads are fine, but white based car wheels are an awful idea.  I did it for my winter wheels, and they look clean for about 45 seconds whenever I clean them.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, ted said:

2019 WRX STI.  Coming from 2 mitusishi eclipses, there is tons of room for activities.  I still leave a seat folded down all the time to run the sticks through the trunk to the back seats.  And the trunk opening is a little too small for me to feel comfortable shoving my bag in there for every game, so I put the pads in the trunk and bag in the back seat.  I can confirm you can comfortably get 2 sets of pads and sticks easily in the trunk.  It seems that everyone already knows, but yes super fun car, atrocious on gas mileage and obviously a hatch would be better, but I can't complain.  If I was a smarter man I would've gotten a WRX, but I'm dumb and I wanted it.

Protip: white based pads are fine, but white based car wheels are an awful idea.  I did it for my winter wheels, and they look clean for about 45 seconds whenever I clean them.

You had two of these?

Mitsubishi_Corp_700x700_2019EclipseCross

How sad is it that they attached such a legendary name to ... that? I like that they added the "cross" to the name. But we all know it will shorten after a while and they'll just call this thing an 'Eclipse'.

Then we'll have to tell our kids and their grandkids about the real Eclipse car.

01ad8d448c54eb3b2fc7509880523f6f.jpg

We can all agree to not tell them about these turds:

173ad607c1fac0a338b470182e15ac75.jpg

1 hour ago, MTH said:

You had two of these?

How sad is it that they attached such a legendary name to ... that? I like that they added the "cross" to the name. But we all know it will shorten after a while and they'll just call this thing an 'Eclipse'.

Then we'll have to tell our kids and their grandkids about the real Eclipse car.

It truly is such a sad thing that manufacturers are doing this to their cars. We're truly doomed now. It appears Mitsubishi has discontinued the Lancer and the Galant. DOOOOOOOOMED.

No matter, it's not as bad as this monstrosity:

Image result for volkswagen id buzz

With all due respect to the OE VW Transporter - that VW (I think it's called a California) would be quite popular if they sold it in the states. 

My wife would have one in my driveway.

I think it's only sold in Europe.

EDIT - that's the electric ride. The California is another vehicle.

Edited by MTH

Well now that an eclipse cross has been posted here, I feel confident in posting my mom's vehicle. I am not a fan of this car at all. I am not a fan of hybrids or electric cars in general (thanks Clarkson). I am ashamed to admit that I ride to some hockey games in this:

Image result for ford c max

A Ford C-Max (even the name is bad). It's basically just a taller, hybrid exclusive, Focus. My mom's also has ZERO window tint so it's one big rolling fishbowl. As far as I know/care, this thing was a direct inspiration to the Tesla Model X (mainly looking at that windshield).

Edited by ThatCarGuy

On 1/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Image result for subaru impreza 2019 hatchbackImage result for subaru impreza 2019 hatchback

Sad moment.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:59 PM, Mroy31 said:

Personal favourite 

Screenshot_20190114-205721_Google.thumb.jpg.d4e258484f1375a0efbbd3293093e770.jpg

I have the 09 sport model Impreza back when the WRX and STI were based on the same body. Can't imagine a hatchback based on the current Impreza 

That is the current Impreza hatch.  My favorite is also the same Mroy posted.  I wish Subaru would bring back a WRX Hatch.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:59 PM, Mroy31 said:

Personal favourite 

Screenshot_20190114-205721_Google.thumb.jpg.d4e258484f1375a0efbbd3293093e770.jpg

I have the 09 sport model Impreza back when the WRX and STI were based on the same body. Can't imagine a hatchback based on the current Impreza 

A 2013... I had the pleasure of a 2012... but had the inevitable model year envy when 2013 rolled out w/ something nearly identical... but with black housings on the headlamps. I was stuck w/ chrome. Not sure what's what worse... having wanted the black housings... or having that useless nugget of information in my head instead of something else potentially more useful.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:26 PM, cwarnar said:

I just read that the 2020 Explorer is adding an ST trim... Might edge out the Traverse Redline 

If it's anything like the difference between Ford's Edge Sport and the new Edge ST... just buy an Explorer Sport before they stop making them. If you want the ST features ssave some money and paint your own calipers and buy an ST badge. 99.99% the same vehicle.

3 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

If it's anything like the difference between Ford's Edge Sport and the new Edge ST... just buy an Explorer Sport before they stop making them. If you want the ST features ssave some money and paint your own calipers and buy an ST badge. 99.99% the same vehicle.

It's more than that... $15k more for the Edge ST to base model.

I'm pretty sure the transmission is different too on the ST along with the springs and exhaust.

I don't want any Ford Edge myself. But I was just reading about it today in a magazine. Sad that they won't sell the Focus ST anymore. Rad ass car.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Ya... I'l have to check them out.  I'm in an XLT with an appearance package... Basically a sport without the EcoBoost and less features... But I also saved $20k

On 1/15/2019 at 11:37 AM, MTH said:

Already stopped in Toledo and saw the Gladiators out front. Well, until we were chased off the hill.

I plan to trade in my JKU in the next two years for a Gladiator too. Should be a good hockey hauler for the family. Nice to air out my kids gear on the way home from the rink too.

Hell, with the roof off - I can air out my kids too.

jg1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Been wanting one of these since the Brute kits. Ecstatic this is finally a real car. Really might be in on these in 3-4 years 

16 hours ago, MTH said:

It's more than that... $15k more for the Edge ST to base model.

I'm pretty sure the transmission is different too on the ST along with the springs and exhaust.

I don't want any Ford Edge myself. But I was just reading about it today in a magazine. Sad that they won't sell the Focus ST anymore. Rad ass car.

For the Edge, the new ST replaced the Sport... I wasn't comparing to the base model.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, MTH said:

You had two of these?

2000 Eclipse, then a 2006 eclipse.  Not the best cars, but they worked and rarely had any trouble.  As I said, all of the inconveniences of a sports car with none of the positives of a sports car.  And not great cars for hockey goalies.

17 hours ago, 1C5 said:

So I just traded in my Jeep for a really really really stupid fast Jeep. Never will be late for games now. Or always late since my 2nd home will be at the gas station. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

C322E1D9-56B4-42D5-965D-97178D6DC263.jpeg

5FBA205E-D6B7-4A7B-8B43-AC1D025B876B.jpeg

Nice. My father-in-law has a Hellcat (Challenger) that I've had the privilege of driving (once, ha). I can't imagine that being too much slower with how much of a porker the Challenger is.

I removed and replaced and engine and transmission in a 2002 Jeep GC we had. Seeing that Hemi in your GC brings back memories of no space for my arms or hands for two solid days of hell.

1280px-4.7_Powertech_engine_Jeep_WJ.jpg

Funnest time was laying under it using my feet to shimmy the transmission while trying to get the engine back in. Fun as F!

• 1 month later...

This is going for just $200k right now.

1986_ford_rs200_15501850842d5a26d7ffulls

It's a pretty rare ride. Crappy for putting gear into. But if I had this, I wouldn't my waste time playing hockey and go drive this around instead...

FORD-RS-200.jpg?resize=474,286&ssl=1

Weeeeeee!

Edited by MTH
  • Like 2