What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

On 3/28/2020 at 10:18 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Rest in peace old truck. Despite the lack of vehicles in the road, I managed to get smoked from behind on the highway. Lady hit me going 60-70k while I was almost stopped. 

20200327_153301.jpg

20200327_153332.jpg

Rolling again. 

I feel like the guy who gets dumped and who's next girlfriend is a doppelganger of the ex. 

20200430_192343.jpg

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

@coopaloop1234 love them Toyotas's, I think some of them will out live us :rofl:

Unless you get smoked from behind on the highway. ;)

Still debating on the size of lift and tires I want to tack on. A 3" lift with 32/33's would look amazing, but I'm thinking I'm leaning to a 1" spacer lift with just a thicker tire on my stock rims.

Also looking into a bed tent to make the whole camping scenario loads easier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

A long awaited moment...

C8589216-4276-4C5A-A0E5-7C99423DCFD3.thumb.jpeg.f816205d8fc4e9168034b7efdc6e2334.jpeg
ThatCarGuy finally has his own car. Although I thought I wouldn’t be getting a car somebody (won’t say who but it was my dad) put the dodge wagon in a ditch and shattered the subframe so we needed another car. 

Buddy, you're going to pick up all the hot grandma's in your area with that bad boy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Buddy, you're going to pick up all the hot grandma's in your area with that bad boy

Alright look it was cheap with under 200k miles and everything in it worked so I think it’s wonderful. Doesn’t even have the turbo so it won’t have as many head gasket issues. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

A long awaited moment...

ThatCarGuy finally has his own car. Although I thought I wouldn’t be getting a car somebody (won’t say who but it was my dad) put the dodge wagon in a ditch and shattered the subframe so we needed another car. 

Yeah, when I was16 my friend's "mother" put their Nova into a row of mailboxes and took out the front end...except that 4 years later it came out that it was really him that was piloting the "postal plough"

Edited by Colander
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colander said:

Yeah, when I was16 my friend's "mother" put their Nova into a row of mailboxes and took out the front end...except that 4 years later it came out that it was really him that was piloting the "postal plough"

I can assure you I was not the one in the drivers seat of the dodge during that accident because I was sitting comfortably at home 😁

I have an old 1995 Wrangler that I drive when I can. Bought it in college in 1997. For the past year it's been driving like poop. Random engine misses when it's running. I went through every little thing. Watch YouTube videos every night with a new potential fix. Wearing out Rock Auto. Months of this...

Found it had a melted wire that was obstructed from easy view. Was for the crank position sensor. Running like a 26 year old top again.

Sadly, I liked cargo shorts. Between my physique, bad hair cut, my enjoyment of wearing slides, my hot wife and a bike rack full of bikes... People see me riding with my wife and could assume I'm a "butch" lady.

When is the next Lilith Fair?

On 1/11/2021 at 1:22 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Alright look it was cheap with under 200k miles and everything in it worked so I think it’s wonderful. Doesn’t even have the turbo so it won’t have as many head gasket issues. 

Can't say what is in bold about too many manufacturers nowadays. Only thing that would make that ride better would be the coveted "LL Bean Edition" badging.

As for the turbo and head gasket issue... I've had 4 with turbos and never once had a head gasket issue. Sounds like its more a of Texas than a Turbo problem. 

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Can't say what is in bold about too many manufacturers nowadays. Only thing that would make that ride better would be the coveted "LL Bean Edition" badging.

As for the turbo and head gasket issue... I've had 4 with turbos and never once had a head gasket issue. Sounds like its more a of Texas than a Turbo problem. 

Ironically the LL Bean Editions were generally in worse condition (everything from knocking in the engine bay to cooling problems). Head gasket issues are pretty common up here in Wisconsin too I’m told. Step 1 when I get back to Texas will be figuring out how to make the Subaru faster because after driving the dodge r/t the 4 cylinder Subaru is unbearable.