What car do you use to haul your gear to games?

1C5

Yeah but I don't need the long bed.  At first I wanted it but glad I got the standard 5.5ft bed for maneuverability/parking around here.  It holds everything I've needed so, I'm happy with it.  My buddy has a long bed Tundra (I know is longer than the Ford long bed) and it's just way too much with a crew cab.  Like a yacht.  I basically wanted the Tahoe look but pickup capability.  This worked out well.  

33 minutes ago, Cool Runnings said:

Yeah but I don't need the long bed.  At first I wanted it but glad I got the standard 5.5ft bed for maneuverability/parking around here.  It holds everything I've needed so, I'm happy with it.  My buddy has a long bed Tundra (I know is longer than the Ford long bed) and it's just way too much with a crew cab.  Like a yacht.  I basically wanted the Tahoe look but pickup capability.  This worked out well.  

Toyota beds are either 5.5' or 6.5'. Fords are 5.5', 6.5', or 8'. A ford with a crew cab and 6.5' box is about 6-8" longer than a comparable Tundra. So Fords are bigger. ;)

And hey, if it works for ya then that's all that matters. For myself, the added utility of that extra foot of truck bed outweighs the benefit of having an overall smaller wheel spacing.

Though, I have a good chuckle on Tacomaworld seeing guys jump head first into a new 5.5' bed TRD and then immediately load it up with something (generally a dirt bike) that overhangs their open tailgate.

This is my old truck, but it easily fits a bike with the tailgate closed.

10256024_10154117237200319_3635420246603143623_o.thumb.jpg.5355ce5e1215995a28e42b056c0cdc23.jpg.14c65b683d3fb5e3cdd230c84adce6f0.jpg

Edited by coopaloop1234

I have an 8' bed F150. My son always sees other trucks with lesser sized beds and will say something negative about them. I usually counter with a question of how much do we actually use the 8' bed? 

Not much honestly. I have a 1995 F150 in the driveway for random times I (or anyone who asks to borrow it) need a pickup. It's old, beatup and rusty. It's basically used like a tool from the toolbox.

With covid rules still in place here, people's vehicles aren't just for hauling gear, they're also dressing rooms outside the rink. And if you're a hockey parent, they also work for watching the games on a tv someone brings and sets up on the tailgate. Being it's January, I have to run my Jeep and pump the heat to stay somewhat warm while watching the games on tv.

It's been an interesting season so far.

• 2 weeks later...

My lease is up in June/July, I forget which.  I am going to be moving to a pickup, its just way more practical has a homeowner.  I am tired of borrowing my dad's truck, my brother's truck, my brother in law's truck, or renting Home Depot trucks when needed lol.  Looking at either a Toyota Tacoma or a GMC Canyon.  I am going to be close to 20k miles UNDER my lease agreement so I am hoping I can somehow parley that into some kind of trade in value since I will not be returning to Subaru.

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

My lease is up in June/July, I forget which.  I am going to be moving to a pickup, its just way more practical has a homeowner.  I am tired of borrowing my dad's truck, my brother's truck, my brother in law's truck, or renting Home Depot trucks when needed lol.  Looking at either a Toyota Tacoma or a GMC Canyon.  I am going to be close to 20k miles UNDER my lease agreement so I am hoping I can somehow parley that into some kind of trade in value since I will not be returning to Subaru.

Tesla Cybertruck 

you can change the horn and passive driving noise. Change either to the Terminator theme

14 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Do you want a super reliable truck? Or one that things that squared wheel wells make sense? 

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Do you want a super reliable truck? Or one that things that squared wheel wells make sense? 

In all honesty my mind has been made up on the Tacoma for quite a while now until I saw the Canyon parked next to me at a light a few days ago.  First time I have ever seen it, never even heard of it prior.  Squared wheel wells?  I have to go back and look because I never noticed that.  I do think that the interior is awfully plain looking in the Canyon.

Edit - Ok now I see what you mean about the wheel wells being squared off.  Tacoma isn't very from from being squared either though.
2021 GMC Canyon Small Truck Front Side Exterior View

TAC_MY20_0059_V001.png?w=1440&fm=jpg&q=90&fit=max&cs=strip&bg=fff&auto=compress

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@SaveByRichter35I'm mostly just poking fun at how square GMC wheel wells are. Especially the full trucks. 

There's very little room to put larger tires on it unless you put an absurd lift into it or start cutting. 

I have no desire to do that so it wouldn't deter me from leasing/purchasing that truck.

30 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@SaveByRichter35I'm mostly just poking fun at how square GMC wheel wells are. Especially the full trucks. 

There's very little room to put larger tires on it unless you put an absurd lift into it or start cutting. 

My biggest negative about the Tacoma is I would be the third person on my block to have one.  Shit, 3rd within 6-7 houses.  And of course my buddy down the block has the cement grey color that I wanted too lol.  

12 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

My biggest negative about the Tacoma is I would be the third person on my block to have one.  Shit, 3rd within 6-7 houses.  And of course my buddy down the block has the cement grey color that I wanted too lol.  

They're a super popular truck and I think their reputation has been a bit overstated since the first gens. 

Never the less, if you're going for a "small" truck, they are one of the best. What they lack in features they make up with just overall reliability. 

Though, if you're getting a full size truck, there are better options than Tundras. 

3 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

Lol you are relentless lol. 

GMC’s and Chevys are the same truck. 

There's a reason I have "Elitist" beside my name. :P 

It's too bad I find them so ugly, they're great trucks. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

They're a super popular truck and I think their reputation has been a bit overstated since the first gens. 

Never the less, if you're going for a "small" truck, they are one of the best. What they lack in features they make up with just overall reliability. 

Though, if you're getting a full size truck, there are better options than Tundras. 

I am definitely going with the midsize truck or whatever they're considered.  Crew cab and short bed.  I was contemplating the Tacoma, Ford Ranger(Don't want a 4 cylinder truck so that's out, turbo or not), Nissan Frontier, and now the Canyon since I saw that a few days ago.  

25 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I am definitely going with the midsize truck or whatever they're considered.  Crew cab and short bed.  I was contemplating the Tacoma, Ford Ranger(Don't want a 4 cylinder truck so that's out, turbo or not), Nissan Frontier, and now the Canyon since I saw that a few days ago.  

They're still building the rangers in only 4 bangers? That's disappointing. 

I figured with the relaunch they'd at least put some guts into the things. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

They're still building the rangers in only 4 bangers? That's disappointing. 

I figured with the relaunch they'd at least put some guts into the things. 

They put a turbo in there.  Not sure if there was a turbo prior.  Sucks because that is a nice looking truck too.  I've always been pretty anti-Ford though so its moot I guess.

I love the look of the Tacoma and how it drives .I've borrowed one in the past from my friend as well as having driven all kinds of trucks from all years. I didn't mind the newer Ranger (2019 I think? It was awhile ago) the 4 cylinder Turbo actually had decent power for its size, but if you're anti-Ford (I'm not a big fan either) then that's a non-starter.

I'm not a truck guy and the capabilities of both trucks are way beyond what I'll ever need realistically 95% of the time, but if I were to get one, I would go for the Tacoma. I would say that I would go for an older model, but the new creature comforts are really nice on the new cars/trucks in general.