Glove Comparison Database

TheGoalNet

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, Teezle said:

What CCM break is closest to the Warrior 75 degree on the GT2 glove? I think it would be the 600, but I am not positive.

It's the 600.

580 - 90 Deg
590 - 60 Deg
600 - 75 Deg

Saying that, the feel of each 75 is going to be different. I hate the feel of CCM 600, but love Warriors and I'm fond of Vaughns as well.

22 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's the 600.

580 - 90 Deg
590 - 60 Deg
600 - 75 Deg

Saying that, the feel of each 75 is going to be different. I hate the feel of CCM 600, but love Warriors and I'm fond of Vaughns as well.

Thanks!

That is interesting. Do you like the feel of any of the CCM gloves?

2 hours ago, Charlie T said:

I believe the CCM 600 is a 50 degree

1 hour ago, TameImpala88 said:

How would you know that?

Theres the ingoal comparison where they say the 600, or thumb to finger closure is a 50° break. 

Though every other brand states this closure as a 75° break and most outlets state the 600 break as a 75° too. 

Either way. 

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Although the 600 is the closest break angle to a warrior glove it still closes very very differently. 600 closes at the base of the fingers rather than mid palm like a 580. If you want something that feels more like a warrior I’d recommend 580

I'm currently using a 580 and I really like it.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Interestingly enough, was talking to Bauer yesterday about this

They say that both Vapor and Supreme are 60 deg breaks. Looking at the graphic above, this could make sense because of where it's measured.

However, Vapor is for smaller hands and people who close using their fingers. Supreme is for larger hands and people who close index finger to thumb. They are not the same "break" in the context we think about it.

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Interestingly enough, was talking to Bauer yesterday about this

They say that both Vapor and Supreme are 60 deg breaks. Looking at the graphic above, this could make sense because of where it's measured.

However, Vapor is for smaller hands and people who close using their fingers. Supreme is for larger hands and people who close index finger to thumb. They are not the same "break" in the context we think about it.

Just shows how all over the place a lot of the generalized descriptions of goalie gear really is.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, AdamL said:

Was randomly browsing the Vaughn website today and found a little nugget in the very last line of the V9 XP product page.

https://vaughnhockey.com/product/t-v9-xp-pro-carbon-catch-glove/

What the heck is that??  Something between the regular 60* V9 XP and a 580?

That is interesting.

The R/GT 1 had a 70 degree break and I absolutely loved it over the 75 degree in the R/GT 2 line.

I'd love to see a 70 degree Vaughn in person to see how it compares.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That is interesting.

The R/GT 1 had a 70 degree break and I absolutely loved it over the 75 degree in the R/GT 2 line.

I'd love to see a 70 degree Vaughn in person to see how it compares.

Right?  I'd love to try it.

I'm fighting with the strapping on my V9 2-piece and almost feel like it's time to try something else.  They way they anchor that wrist strap drives me crazy.  

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 9:42 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Just shows how all over the place a lot of the generalized descriptions of goalie gear really is.

Fact!

I’ve probably said this before, but Bauer technically classifies Supreme and Vapor as both 60 deg gloves. There’s clearly ways to do something differently with a single break 

10 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:
34 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

If we ignore what the OEMs label their products, here is how I see the world

image.png.d44bb3696916441f71b56a4020fa5f11.pngIs gnetik still listed as a 35 or whatever? Felt really good when I tested but did not feel like a 590.

Brian's probably the hardest to classify for sure. But Wouldn't you agree it's more of a fingers than a palm closure?

That's my goal here, let's focus on how the glove closes and not compare it to a number or other models?