Glove Comparison Database

TheGoalNet

19 hours ago, seagoal said:

I can't wrap my head around the Warrior liners changing how a glove feels and breaks.  To me it's like saying the same car drives and feels different when you wear different clothes inside the car while driving. 

The fingerstalls are set up differently.

Think of it more like adjusting your seat. Your vehicle essentially functions the same, but the feel of the pedals/steering wheel changes as you get closer or further away.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The fingerstalls are in set up differently.

Think of it more like adjusting your seat. Your vehicle essentially functions the same, but the feel of the pedals/sterring wheel changes as you get closer or further away.

ah, ok. So the liners "twist" your hand and fingers in certain directions reorienting how they interact with the structure of the glove?

So what is the break of the glove itself regardless of the liners @coopaloop1234?

Edited by seagoal

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

ah, ok. So the liners "twist" your hand and fingers in certain directions reorienting how they interact with the structure of the glove?

Correct.

You get a mimicry feel of a 60/90 break, but you're still constrained in a 75. The 60 I could see some use for people, the 90 just felt like the glove and liner fighting among each other that I had a hard time seeing someone feel as if it was worth it.

The GT2 glove is still better IMO than the Ritual line. Having the liner sewn in like every other glove just makes sense.

Edited by coopaloop1234

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/14/2022 at 7:47 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Has anyone had a glove reworked in any way by factory mad? I’m curious about costs because my new glove is on the way and I want to make it a single tee from the current double tee.

I got my CCM Eflex 1 done by Dennis a long time ago. I believe is was around $175 back then but it has probably changed. I will say he does such a great job. Recently upgraded to a Bauer Mach glove. The Mach closes good but nothing compared to the Factory Mad CCM glove. If your glove closes terribly it is definitely worth it, but because my Mach closes decent I have not thought about getting it modded by Dennis. I also recommend getting his floating T, which will cost a little extra. My one its gripe with the Mach is the T is super weak and does not maintain its shape. The Factory Mad T keeps its shape, even now. Also, it may be cheaper if you just have Dennis replace only the T, but if you are going to ship it to him you might as well also have him get your new glove closing great.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Weird they call it a V9 when V10 is coming this year. Might explain why there doesn't seem to be any V9 badging on it. And it's got an Iceberg graphic on it, not V9 or V10.

3 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Weird they call it a V9 when V10 is coming this year. Might explain why there doesn't seem to be any V9 badging on it. And it's got an Iceberg graphic on it, not V9 or V10.

The order was placed for the glove in June. Guess Vaughn never sent it or made it til now

On 8/14/2022 at 9:47 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Has anyone had a glove reworked in any way by factory mad? I’m curious about costs because my new glove is on the way and I want to make it a single tee from the current double tee.

Late reply to this, but I just picked up a used glove that was redone by Factory MAD. The seller told me it has a custom tee and a new plastic mold for wider coverage. Closure is fingers over palm like a 580, not like other Gnetik 4 trappers it seems. 

Unfortunately I can't answer your question about cost, but I can say that the glove feels fantastic. 

IMG-20230111-WA0002.jpg

Edited by insertnamehere

On 2/28/2022 at 11:53 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Correct.

You get a mimicry feel of a 60/90 break, but you're still constrained in a 75. The 60 I could see some use for people, the 90 just felt like the glove and liner fighting among each other that I had a hard time seeing someone feel as if it was worth it.

The GT2 glove is still better IMO than the Ritual line. Having the liner sewn in like every other glove just makes sense.

Reading this is funny. 

I greatly prefer my G5 with a 60 degree removable liner over my GT2 now. 

Go figure. 

3 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

Late reply to this, but I just picked up a used glove that was redone by Factory MAD. The seller told me it has a custom tee and a new plastic mold for wider coverage. Closure is fingers over palm like a 580, not like other Gnetik 4 trappers it seems. 

Unfortunately I can't answer your question about cost, but I can say that the glove feels fantastic. 

IMG-20230111-WA0002.jpg

Of all the gloves to have worked by factory mad the seller had to pick the absolute easiest one to close. Seller wasted their money imo

• 2 months later...
On 2/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Thank you.

Only one on the list that I question is GNetik? But I will be the first one to admit that Brian's is the hardest to classify. They call them like 35 and 40 deg breaks.

Darling spec is supposed to be a 5500 and based off Sub Zero (now Optik) and not GNetik. My request for a 580 style Glove was also built off an Optik 2 and definitely closed differently and more like a 580.

So funny enough I just a True PX3 600 as I felt it was the closest thing I could find to my original Gnetik glove that I have been using since 2013 but once I got out on the ice with it my opinion changed on that right away as the way the pocket sits is completely different. I'm going to have to give it a few more skates to get adjusted but the hand positioning in my stance feel sway different. That being said I was still able to catch with it nicely and it swallowed pucks up.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this one has been asked and answered before but does the glove’s T impact closure or is it more personal preference?

I’m looking at ordering one of the Vaughn V9 XPs with the 70 Degree break and the options are stock double T, SLR Single T, and 7000 Style Single T. 

Currently in a V9 with the double T. 

4 hours ago, Rfmusso said:

Apologies if this one has been asked and answered before but does the glove’s T impact closure or is it more personal preference?

I’m looking at ordering one of the Vaughn V9 XPs with the 70 Degree break and the options are stock double T, SLR Single T, and 7000 Style Single T. 

Currently in a V9 with the double T. 

With Vaughn the tee doesn’t affect closure. On ccm it heavily affects it

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...