Custom Gear Wait Times

Goalline

I called Vaughn yesterday to inquire about just a trapper....14-16 weeks...in May.   Weird.

Vaughn is still either way busier compared to their competition or way understaffed relative to their busyness compared to their competition. 

Edited by seagoal

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 2:29 PM, seagoal said:

I called Vaughn yesterday to inquire about just a trapper....14-16 weeks...in May.   Weird.

Vaughn is still either way busier compared to their competition or way understaffed relative to their busyness compared to their competition. 

It’s 16 weeks from Factory Mad, but he is literally a one man shoppe.

Could be a case of both. With the smorgasbord of new production pieces and MIA senior gear, it would not make sense to employ more people for custom orders and I am certain that their already booked stock gear for the major hockey outlets is a contributing factor. 

It is a different landscape. When I first was thinking to be a goalie, the only stock gear in most stores was their display pieces. Even shopping at the official sporting goods supplier of an NHL team, every piece of goalie gear, save for pro returns, was custom made. That was 30 years ago. Now we have a glut of it!

26 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

Another set??? 

Always looking for something new lol. This is the first ever custom set and I am quite stoked. First time a set will have every spec I want all in one. Hoping for a long happy time with this set (when it finally arrives). The color I went with should look nice with that Olympia “Cooper” bucket from you too :)

22 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Always looking for something new lol. This is the first ever custom set and I am quite stoked. First time a set will have every spec I want all in one. Hoping for a long happy time with this set (when it finally arrives). The color I went with should look nice with that Olympia “Cooper” bucket from you too :)

have you worn the combo yet?  

I shouldn't talk, I just ordered a Passau set.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 2:18 PM, Doc1200 said:

Ordered a custom set of G-Netik 4 on March 26 and they are on the way to me. Thanks to the Goalie Crease for the express slot. 5 weeks total with shipping, can’t beat it!  

Wow! I ordered just an optik glove and it took 14 weeks

1 hour ago, Flyers27 said:

Ok thanks. Mine entered production on June 14. They were ordered May 31. I was quoted 3-4 weeks, should be interesting.

Could be that the one piece and two piece follow a different manufacturing process? VH is coming out with a new player skate (not sure if goalie too) next month, so they may be backed up making stock skates for HockeyMonkey, etc

49 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Could be that the one piece and two piece follow a different manufacturing process? VH is coming out with a new player skate (not sure if goalie too) next month, so they may be backed up making stock skates for HockeyMonkey, etc

Definitely a possibility. I'm assuming that you ordered the 2 piece then. Hopefully you get them sooner than later!

20 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

AFAIK its the new holder (quick release), don't believe the skate is changing.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:52 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Delays at Warrior due to Volume. Been given an ETA of the week of July 1st.

Ordered RGT2 Pro leg pads, RG4 catcher and blocker Sunday April 28, just got word today that my set has arrived, picking up tomorrow! 😁

Edited by gotc

On 6/20/2019 at 1:47 AM, Flyers27 said:

Definitely a possibility. I'm assuming that you ordered the 2 piece then. Hopefully you get them sooner than later!

And they came in! Ordered May 9th so pretty much 6 weeks. Kinda bad for the offseason IMO but it's not a huge deal...they're still crazy comfy. At least I got the right colour tongue felt this time  

1221946179_1CckwCqORWUgSXHlA0pVQ.thumb.jpg.1b667411808ec90ceb864e61daba763b.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

And they came in! Ordered May 9th so pretty much 6 weeks. Kinda bad for the offseason IMO but it's not a huge deal...they're still crazy comfy. At least I got the right colour tongue felt this time  

1221946179_1CckwCqORWUgSXHlA0pVQ.thumb.jpg.1b667411808ec90ceb864e61daba763b.jpg

Congrats, they look great! I'm only 3 weeks in, so I have a while to go yet.