Custom Gear Wait Times

Goalline

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Glad I ordered mine back before the factory shutdowns. I’ll also be using that as a timeframe for when to order my next set

I think I saw the current wait times posted in my break room the other day.

CCM is at 12-14. Everyone else is 10-12. Brians or Vaughn might be at 12-14 too.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 8:37 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Any updated times from ccm, vaughn, or brians? I know everyone knows True is a mess still

Brian's order formally placed on December 30th, 2021 and the set was finished March 25th, 2022. Was supposed to be sooner, but they experienced some normal/understandable delays with people needing to call out sick from what I was told.

Basically 9-11 week range, their website does say it's at about 16 weeks right now.

Edited by keeperton
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 5:28 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Submitted an order for a set of Bauer Mach on 3/25. Was quoted 10-12 weeks by my retailer, but I know other retailers have quoted 12-16 weeks.

I had heard that someone just recently took delivery of a set of Hyperlites and only waited 8 weeks, so I'm optimistic!

I hope that's accurate. I'm about to place a full custom digi-print order. Does anyone know if digi-print orders take longer?

On 3/29/2022 at 10:11 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

No way that happens

I ordered a true glove on march 20th. And was quoted 6-8 weeks as well.  Got a email that they ran into supply issues with silver weave and my glove would be pushed back 3 months. Then got another email few days later that they sourced enough to finish my glove and that it has been cut and sewn. And it should be assembled soon. So guess it all depends.  

• Like 1

How do you order custom gear? Do you order directly from the manufacturer's website, or do you instead choose a retailer (e.g. Goalie Monkey), input the specs for your custom gear through them, and then the retailer forwards the information to the manufacturer?

I've only dealt with smaller companies such as PAW, where the retailer and manufacturer are the same. 

3 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

How do you order custom gear? Do you order directly from the manufacturer's website, or do you instead choose a retailer (e.g. Goalie Monkey), input the specs for your custom gear through them, and then the retailer forwards the information to the manufacturer?

I've only dealt with smaller companies such as PAW, where the retailer and manufacturer are the same. 

It can be both. Usually with big retail brands, you deal with the retail store and they place the order for you. 

3 hours ago, creasecollector said:

It can be both. Usually with big retail brands, you deal with the retail store and they place the order for you. 

That makes sense. Customs take more time because they have to make it exactly to your spec (adding in features not available in stock, such as a +1.5 thigh rise or a different glove break), there might be miscommunications between retailer and manufacturer, and because there is a certain sequence of custom orders to be fulfilled.

Are there retailers known for being more efficient? I'm curious, because some manufacturers (Looking at you, True) have problems with getting their product made and released in a timely manner.