Custom Gear Wait Times

Goalline

15 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Are there retailers known for being more efficient? I'm curious, because some manufacturers (Looking at you, True) have problems with getting their product made and released in a timely manner. 

Some retailers have slots that open up for custom bookings for quick delivery, but I only ever see that with Brian's.
I believe pros jump the line at True/Lefevre. It's a small factory so I can see it causing delays with retail custom orders.
Bauer and CCM presumably have enough overseas capacity to have pros jump the line and not have it effect retail orders.

6 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

How do you order custom gear? Do you order directly from the manufacturer's website, or do you instead choose a retailer (e.g. Goalie Monkey), input the specs for your custom gear through them, and then the retailer forwards the information to the manufacturer?

I've only dealt with smaller companies such as PAW, where the retailer and manufacturer are the same. 

For the big boys - CCM, Bauer, True, Warrior, Brian's, Vaughn - generally through a retailer unless you have some sort of in.
You can use the retailer's customizer if you wish, but I always recommend using the manufacturer's customizer as your custom specs will have to be converted to whatever format the manufacturer uses. These days, the manufacturer's customizers will generate unique codes tied to your specs. If you use a retailer's customizer, they will have to convert it somehow - I've seen an order messed up because the customer used the retailer's customizer and a staff member at the retailer made an error when copying the specs into the manufacturer's customizer. It was just a relatively minor color issue IIRC, but the customer had waited 18+ weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 2:28 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Submitted an order for a set of Bauer Mach on 3/25. Was quoted 10-12 weeks by my retailer, but I know other retailers have quoted 12-16 weeks.

I had heard that someone just recently took delivery of a set of Hyperlites and only waited 8 weeks, so I'm optimistic!

They're here! 59 days or 8 weeks and 3 days.
Sneak peek, courtesy of a co-worker who opened my box 😬

signal-2022-05-23-12-51-35-000.thumb.jpg.106dc9b69eb1f46ea88ff2305ed4d54a.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

They're here! 59 days or 8 weeks and 3 days.
Sneak peek, courtesy of a co-worker who opened my box 😬

signal-2022-05-23-12-51-35-000.thumb.jpg.106dc9b69eb1f46ea88ff2305ed4d54a.jpg

Cool! These look nice. I can't wait until I can afford a custom set. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Just put mine, let's see who gets it first lol

I'm the kind of equipment whore who puts a widget on his phone to track the number of days since I ordered my gear. Right now I've got a 12 day head start on you! 🤠

• Like 1