My First Time...

Lucky Pucker

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You don't want Aaron Rodgers praying for you? How about these guys instead?

giphy2.gif.bfc32afaff5ad72f2e0ff7c1af2ba2d5.giftenor.gif.051a1906204ad8b06fd78b9356d3dd58.gifgiphy.gif.ba6e6f922cb5f1017d800d8c78d51c60.gif

No? Not working for ya? How about some dancing?

giphy3.gif.d2ba8fb6c92f6401dc582992c15a68de.gifsource.gif.a0119ba46d7f32c983ec8e210791eb27.gifdance11.gif.af8ecffb32c73a72da1808a18cbc2f75.gif

And with that gif dump I'll pull the ol' Dab and Grab

dab.gif.3714403edd845ceb3b71f3146bf5128b.gif

I really just meant this: image.png.18bf79f5c732b1e4056e1ee4dfce7631.png

(Man! If you want something not-meme or GIF-related done properly, don't ask Coop! LOL!)

• 2 years later...

It took a long time. So long, I wondered if it would ever even happen. But finally, last night, I got my first career shut out. And it was in a playoff game too, and in front of my wife and kids who came to cheer me on - and even made signs. I ended up with the game puck, as the ref wanted the kids to have it (but they were told by Mommy that they should give it to daddy to keep!) My wife also got a great shot of me at the end, under the scoreboard after the final whistle.

I’ve had games where I know I’ve played better, and made more and better saves, but I’ll still take it! 

Fuck, it feels good to finally pop that cherry!

888677A3-76B4-4046-ADFF-81102023DCDB.jpeg

0D9D6E8E-7685-4763-AD36-CF842C6CE4E5.jpeg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, johncho said:

Haha I hated the Gloucester Cougars growing up playing for West Island, they were my nemesis! And now my kid plays for the Dukes so the rivalry lives on.

Congrats man, hope to see you out there one day.

I just grew up in the West Island; never got to play organized hockey as a kid, so I hated all the kids who played! Lol! Now my kids both play… which I don’t hate them for. There’s other stuff that makes it easy to hate them! Lol!

How did your kid’s team do? My son’s team lost a 2-1 heartbreaker in the semis. Kids were crying in the room after… it was one of the hardest hockey moments I’ve ever experienced. They don’t warn you about that when in September, you say “sure, I’ll be head coach this year!”

• Like 1

Oh yeah, so his team were in the Semis, in contention for the finals. They needed a good goal differential to move on (4+?). My kid plays lights out, posts a shutout and they moved on to the finals.

Gave it a good shot in the finals, and they were winning at one point too, but could not stop this one kid that ended the season with over 2 goals per game. Oh well, it is what it is. It certainly wasn't easy to get the kids back from the highest highs to the lowest lows, but they took it well as a team.

This was him before his shutout, it's like he knew haha.

IMG_0489.jpeg

Edited by johncho
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

It took a long time. So long, I wondered if it would ever even happen. But finally, last night, I got my first career shut out. And it was in a playoff game too, and in front of my wife and kids who came to cheer me on - and even made signs. I ended up with the game puck, as the ref wanted the kids to have it (but they were told by Mommy that they should give it to daddy to keep!) My wife also got a great shot of me at the end, under the scoreboard after the final whistle.

I’ve had games where I know I’ve played better, and made more and better saves, but I’ll still take it! 

Fuck, it feels good to finally pop that cherry!

888677A3-76B4-4046-ADFF-81102023DCDB.jpeg

0D9D6E8E-7685-4763-AD36-CF842C6CE4E5.jpeg

LOVE IT!!!!

• Thanks 1

Funny side story: on the sign my daughter made, she drew goalie sticks - and wrote “warrior” on them. I asked her why (I have Sherwood), and she said “isn’t that what you have…?” She was devastated, but - in front of my wife - I told her “Daddy has a Sherwood stick… but he WANTS a Warrior. Maybe I shouldn’t get one. Right? Right!” So I have to get one now because: my daughter.

image.jpg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2