Bauer Scan Data

TheGoalNet

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Looks good. How much did it run you?

And I'm surprised your local hockey shop doesn't have a jog for cowlingless skates yet. They've only been around for years...

$999.99 is the MSRP in the US

It's a small pro shop in a small rink in a small suburb in the South. There's no need for them to buy it considering there's only about 12 of us that play goalie, and only 2-3 of us have Bauer cowlingless skates. It's also really not that big of a hassle to just pop the runners off and the shop says it's easier to sharpen that way anyhow.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:15 PM, goalieThreeOne said:

In regards to quality, I didn’t see any issues other than a deep 1/16” gap between the boot and the toe cap. I don’t know if this is a workmanship issue, a result of being in a “quarter” size, or something that happens even in retail models.

It's likely a mid/quarter size thing like you said, since the toe caps don't come in partial sizes.  I have a similar gap on both my custom 1S and 2S's, likely also due to a combination of boot size being down to 1/8th sizes and also the toe cap being a +1 size.  Never had any issues related to it on either pair though.

51 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

It's likely a mid/quarter size thing like you said, since the toe caps don't come in partial sizes.  I have a similar gap on both my custom 1S and 2S's, likely also due to a combination of boot size being down to 1/8th sizes and also the toe cap being a +1 size.  Never had any issues related to it on either pair though.

That's good to hear.

Archived