The Deals and Steals Thread

ZeroGravitas

Goalie monkey has a good deal on the optik 2 chest pad if you are a small or large. I used a clearance coupon code. They sent it out, so I’ll update this if they bait and switch it on me. Ended up getting quite a bit off!

22 hours ago, Taco said:

Goalie monkey has a good deal on the optik 2 chest pad if you are a small or large. I used a clearance coupon code. They sent it out, so I’ll update this if they bait and switch it on me. Ended up getting quite a bit off!

Just smalls left now. I would have to think that is a mistake since they have the optik 2 listed for less than the optik. That along with a new release being on clearance is against MAP so Brian's might not be happy about this. Let us know if they actually honor it and ship it.

2 hours ago, holdUP said:

Yeah I dunno lol

That is really odd; did you message the seller? Maybe it was originally going to be a senior level line, or they made them for the April Fools? Although the latter would be a lot of work for little publicity...

2 hours ago, TitanG said:

That is really odd; did you message the seller? Maybe it was originally going to be a senior level line, or they made them for the April Fools? Although the latter would be a lot of work for little publicity...

No I didn't message the seller. Don't need a new C/A and don't use a Vaughn catcher. I might as well ask about the blocker though lol.

Hope somebody can tell me what the heck I've found though lol

Edited by holdUP

16 minutes ago, holdUP said:

No I didn't message the seller. Don't need a new C/A and don't use a Vaughn catcher. I might as well ask about the blocker though lol.

Hope somebody can tell me what the heck I've found though lol

I'd guess you are seeing offshore-manufactured samples/prototypes. Maybe SLR-X was an actual thing at one point, or will be next year when the line is due for an update (Velocity was updated this year).

18 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Vaughn confirmed SLR-X was a retail product that got shut down. Those gloves and chest protector are one-off samples. So if you want one or a kind gear that’s a good option

So do you think these gloves would be 'Pro' level gear? Or would that have been SLR-X Pro Carbon lol

1 hour ago, holdUP said:

So do you think these gloves would be 'Pro' level gear? Or would that have been SLR-X Pro Carbon lol

Just pro according to Vaughn for the chesty. I would think gloves would be the same. I’ll double check though

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Follow up: Vaughn says the SLR-X line was not domestic and will be equivalent to Sr level gear

Also, just got confirmation from Vaughn that leg pads were made if you can find them. They have quick slide 

Lol thanks for all the info 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:09 AM, Taco said:

I just saw @Taco's post. GM still has the O2 chestie on clearance while the O1 chestie is essentially full price. I just bought a 2x pro, but I couldn't pass up. Seems like a huge mistake, but that's on GM. Fingers crossed that they honor the deal and ship the chestie.

• Like 2