The Deals and Steals Thread

ZeroGravitas

9 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

How much do we trust it?

As much as some local kid who’s working part time at a lhs. Maybe you guys are blessed with good stores but it’s a hit or miss on how well my skates get done with my lhs. I would pay less to get possibly a better sharpening or just end up with the same quality that I would get but cheaper. Aren’t professional teams using them along with large shops? 

It's awesome.  Very consistent.  3.5 year user of the sparx machine at my local rink.  The outcome can vary by operator depending on how well they know the machine.  I trust it very much.  The 3x I tried a hand sharpening from 3 different shops, I couldn't wait to get back to the sparx sharpening.

If you like the CR3 the 2 will be a better version of it.  Both weight and balance will be improved.   For me they were both too heavy, but I had no durability issues with the CR1 I used for over a year, or the VR1 Pro+ that I used all last year.  In my experience Warrior composite sticks have the best durability of any of them I've used.

Edited by Puckstopper

Cr3 was my first composite stick and have always used foam core. I think I just like the stiffness and lightweight of the composite. Is the V1 senior equivalent to the cr3? It would be nice to have a top of the line stick but for the level I play I just can’t spend $150+ for a single stick. 

15 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Cr3 was my first composite stick and have always used foam core. I think I just like the stiffness and lightweight of the composite. Is the V1 senior equivalent to the cr3? It would be nice to have a top of the line stick but for the level I play I just can’t spend $150+ for a single stick. 

Correct.

V1 Pro+ = New Stick

V1 Pro = CR1

V1 SR+ = CR2

V1 SR = Cr3

I really hate the naming conventions that brands are starting to implement. 

Goalie Monkey's Brick Wall Specials are back (https://www.goaliemonkey.com/brick-wall-specials)

The prices don't seem as good as they were previously.

Curiously, the text says, "These items are not eligible for additional coupons or discounts." But I was able to use the promo code  "SAVE20" with some of the items in the shopping cart. YMMV with whether they will honor it or not.

EDIT: As of 5/15, it appears the prices have been adjusted down and discount codes no longer work. Prices seem fair, though.

Edited by ZeroGravitas

5 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

I couldnt find a link on goalie monkeys website yesterday, just the link provided above.  I got the email notification today, does anyone know if the prices have updated in the last 24 hours?

Prices have gone down - I noticed that this morning. I edited my original post. It appears the coupon code that worked previously doesn't work now. I'd still throw it in there when in the shopping cart just to make sure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 10:21 AM, Quadzilla32 said:

drives me crazy when websites put up "sales" and the prices are exactly the same as before the sale. For example looking at the GM sale all the sticks that they posted are the same price as before the sale

Clearly, the definition of a "sale" differs between the vendor and the buyer - check this "chopped to the bone" deal from a few years ago

No photo description available.

• Haha 3

On 5/25/2020 at 12:12 PM, Colander said:

Clearly, the definition of a "sale" differs between the vendor and the buyer - check this "chopped to the bone" deal from a few years ago

No photo description available.

Monkey does (or used to do) something similar.

An item that ends in .99 is a regularly priced item. An item that ends in .98 is a clearance item and a coupon code can used to discount it. An item that ends in .97 is a current season Bauer item and cannot be discounted.

I don't know if they still do this anymore as the Bauer items on Monkey's websites all end in .99.

3 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I just came across this last night, a company in Quebec selling hockey equipment and everything is 25% off, the site says on eligible items but it seems like everything is!

I just purchased the new Profile Bauer mask and Axis pants, we'll see if I get the order.

https://hockeysupremacy.com/

Will they honor that when shipping to the states?

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Will they honor that when shipping to the states?

Have a broker receive it for you in Canada, they can then ship it to the US

I think you pay double the shipping, but if the savings warrant, it should be worth it.  You're getting a double discount in the US (Conversion rate and sale price)

26 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Have a broker receive it for you in Canada, they can then ship it to the US

I think you pay double the shipping, but if the savings warrant, it should be worth it.  You're getting a double discount in the US (Conversion rate and sale price)

Or some of us can help free of charge 😉