Bauer Custom Printing

ThatCarGuy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Earlier today I emailed Bauer asking if and when the screen printing would be available to the public. Here's the response:

Thanks for your e-mail, so the customization will be available on March 8th Pricing TBD.   It will be an upcharge however should know anyday.

That is the same news I have heard.

That is a delay from last year's timeline. Around this time last year, the goal was to launch this in Nov 2018

4 hours ago, cwarnar said:

What's more frustrating is that the 2X lines won't offer any black based stock options.  the X27 will offer red... 

Standard customizer allows for this. You can order a set no white on it what so ever. I am sure some stores will order stock that way.

28 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I'm not sure why Bauer insists on having textured portions of the Vapor line.  I think the graphic would pop more with the bedazzling on the pad face

On the last line it was sort of to simulate knee rolls and highlight that this pad was more flexible than Supreme. IMO, that looks weird.

I think the goal with this set was to add more depth. "the haters" say the OD1N pads look cheap or like they are for street hockey. This is like Brian's adding the domed logos. The goal is to create a premium look with depth.

You may not agree... but I am pretty sure that's the rationale behind it.

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

On the last line it was sort of to simulate knee rolls and highlight that this pad was more flexible than Supreme. IMO, that looks weird.

I think the goal with this set was to add more depth. "the haters" say the OD1N pads look cheap or like they are for street hockey. This is like Brian's adding the domed logos. The goal is to create a premium look with depth.

You may not agree... but I am pretty sure that's the rationale behind it.

While I get the street hockey pad criticism, and I would like to see solid color options in a Bauer customizer, having demo’d both 2S and 1X my hesitation on considering 2X for my next set is the build quality. 

There is the general durability of the skin (which CORTech ST seems to address decently well,) the whole binding in front of the knee landing wear, wrinkled finish of the skin at the wenlting, and for me how the finish seems to attract and hold onto puck marks (main reason I’d want solid color.) 

But what really grinds my gears is the lack of finish. Below are some pics of the 1X set knee stack where the foam is exposed and the material is simply cut and left to fray. (Noting that I was maybe the 2nd or 3rd person to use these. So almost new.) I get these are packed with tech... but that doesn’t mean Bauer has a free pass on finish quality. 

B6F71B68-9E27-4D74-ABF0-CDDA50581473.thumb.jpeg.beb8817366073a65974a124c440c970b.jpegC3F6A5E6-DCCD-4226-ABD7-B604D3585321.thumb.jpeg.89e0ff99a2fb95ce1eb1e8cb7086d166.jpeg

On 1/29/2019 at 9:03 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Standard customizer allows for this. You can order a set no white on it what so ever. I am sure some stores will order stock that way.

I can confirm mine will not, we tried a Blue based set of P1, with silver logos and red and white weave stripes...still on sale, so we ruled out color based gear, since when someone wants something specific, they go custom anyway.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:11 PM, BadAngle41 said:

While I get the street hockey pad criticism, and I would like to see solid color options in a Bauer customizer, having demo’d both 2S and 1X my hesitation on considering 2X for my next set is the build quality. 

There is the general durability of the skin (which CORTech ST seems to address decently well,) the whole binding in front of the knee landing wear, wrinkled finish of the skin at the wenlting, and for me how the finish seems to attract and hold onto puck marks (main reason I’d want solid color.) 

But what really grinds my gears is the lack of finish. Below are some pics of the 1X set knee stack where the foam is exposed and the material is simply cut and left to fray. (Noting that I was maybe the 2nd or 3rd person to use these. So almost new.) I get these are packed with tech... but that doesn’t mean Bauer has a free pass on finish quality. 

B6F71B68-9E27-4D74-ABF0-CDDA50581473.thumb.jpeg.beb8817366073a65974a124c440c970b.jpegC3F6A5E6-DCCD-4226-ABD7-B604D3585321.thumb.jpeg.89e0ff99a2fb95ce1eb1e8cb7086d166.jpeg

I've had Eflex 3 with the same problem, i have 2 pairs of 2s (long story) and i have one wiht that, one without. No 2x sets i've seen this far have that though, nor the most recent 2s we've got, so I'd say this is mostly fixed now.

1 hour ago, maxtm30 said:

Mid may, around the same time the 2s launched last year. Hopefully the customizer wont be late this year.

Last year I got emailed a dropbox link to an installer for the 2S customizer for my pre order. Was kind of odd, still on my computer haha

16 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

I've had Eflex 3 with the same problem, i have 2 pairs of 2s (long story) and i have one wiht that, one without. No 2x sets i've seen this far have that though, nor the most recent 2s we've got, so I'd say this is mostly fixed now.

Good to know. The brief time I had the 2S and 1X demo sets I preferred the 2S bc it's strapping is closer to what I'm using now... but I could see why so many guys like the 1X strapping. I'd need time to dial in the right strap length as well as attachment position to get the right tension in the right spots for me. Something that is much easier for me to do on 2S. I dunno... waffling so much on next set right now... GNetikIV... EF4... 2X... 2S (with soft boot.) Lots of options each with their own + and -.

10 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Good to know. The brief time I had the 2S and 1X demo sets I preferred the 2S bc it's strapping is closer to what I'm using now... but I could see why so many guys like the 1X strapping. I'd need time to dial in the right strap length as well as attachment position to get the right tension in the right spots for me. Something that is much easier for me to do on 2S. I dunno... waffling so much on next set right now... GNetikIV... EF4... 2X... 2S (with soft boot.) Lots of options each with their own + and -.

That sums up pretty much everything in life, pros and cons ;)

Archived